BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
nv00021

Default Nextel 7100i and BES problem.

Please Login to Remove!

I am very sorry for posting such a noob question and believe me I have used the search button for an answer and have come up empty.....so....if someone could just point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I just received my corporate Blackberry and everything seems to be working properly. I synched and everything seemed to transfer well too, which is why my problem is killing me now....I can receive emails but when I do to reply to a received email it does NOT even give me an option to send....it's not even in the menu. Also when I create a new email I get a the send key but a second later I get a red X with the error message.....Transaction errror - bad format.
Sent Using: Desktop (Secure)

Can anyone please tell me what's going on? I cannot seem to figure it out?

Thanks very much for your help in advance...

NJV
Old 02-07-2006, 02:43 AM   #2
BlackBerryLinks
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone

It is possible that you have not the right encryption keys. Go to Options (or Settings) and then Security, Scroll down, click on the weel and select in the menu: "Regenerate Ecryption Key".

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
nv00021

Thanks for the reply Bob....I tried it and nothing.

Thanks....I am so frustrated at this point.

NJV
Old 02-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
BlackBerryLinks
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Cause 2

If your handheld is integrated with an email account using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server™, then the problem is caused by a missing or corrupt Desktop[CMIME] service book on the handheld.
Resolution

Clear the Service Book database and generate a new encryption key.

1. Connect your handheld to your computer.
2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Backup and Restore.
3. On the Backup and Restore window, click Advanced. The Backup/Restore window appears.
4. In the list of handheld databases, select the Service Book database, then click Clear.
5. Click OK in the Warning window.
6. Click OK > OK to return to the main Desktop Manager window.
7. Double-click Redirector Settings.
8. In the Redirector Settings window, click the Security tab.
9. Select the Generate keys manually option, then click Generate. The Generating New Key dialog box appears.
10. To generate a new encryption key, move your mouse until the Generating New Key dialog box closes.
11. Verify that the Status field displays Up to date.
12. If the Generate keys automatically option was selected when you first opened the Redirector Settings window, select it again.
13. Click Apply, then OK.
14. On the handheld, click Options > Service Book and verify the Desktop[CMIME] service book is displayed. All new messages sent to the handheld will have the option to reply and to forward.
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...0062&vernum=10

Regards,
Bob
Closed Thread