BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
StumpedTechy

Model: 7250
Default Outlook 2003 and Desktop 4.0.0.30 - problem redirecting.

Please Login to Remove!

I am having a heck of a time with this install.

I did the install of the Desktop Manager and redirector and I setup for everything to sync with outlook and only redirect when not connected to the PC.

The syncing works fine but the redirector is just putzing out on me.

I have Outlook 2003 and I have both the Desktop manager and the Redirector open. I then have 1 email that downloads to the client and then gets sent to the Blackberry. Then after this happens I get a bunch of RIM email messages stacking up in the Outlook 2003. Thaty say the emails are for administration purposes and do not delete. It just hangs there.

Now I can close out both the Desktop manager and the Redirector and then it will get rid of the RIM messages and it will pass along 1 more email and then the RIM messages appear again in outlook.

Is there a reason only 1 email is being processed? I gave full XP Admin rights temporarily to the user just in case they needed it but it did not fix anything.

Can anyone tell me what XP rights the user must have minimally to have this working properly and why its only processing 1 email before stopping with these strange symptoms?

BTW this is for a 7250 blackberry device and the loaded CD was the packaged one that came with the system (this wasn't downloaded).
Old 02-03-2006, 02:17 AM   #2
tmobb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

Check to see if your Desktop Manager is installed in the right way (meaning if your company offers BES, it shoul de installed that way, or BIS or Redictor)

If thats fine, then delete the configuration files and recreate them, if that doesn't work, then turn off any "Rules" that you might have set in outlook.

Those mesages are suppose to be there if you use Redirector, but only for a split second, then they should be out of your mailbox and should be on their way to RIM's network so that RIM can forward that message to your handled.

hope that helps. let me know if it doesn't.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #3
tmobb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

If that doesn't work, check MAPI profile (recreate it) or contact your exchange admin, exchange might be too slow and update to Desktop Manager 4.1

One of the above should fix your problem
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
BlackBerry Master
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpedTechy
I am having a heck of a time with this install.

I did the install of the Desktop Manager and redirector and I setup for everything to sync with outlook and only redirect when not connected to the PC.

The syncing works fine but the redirector is just putzing out on me.

I have Outlook 2003 and I have both the Desktop manager and the Redirector open. I then have 1 email that downloads to the client and then gets sent to the Blackberry. Then after this happens I get a bunch of RIM email messages stacking up in the Outlook 2003. Thaty say the emails are for administration purposes and do not delete. It just hangs there.

Now I can close out both the Desktop manager and the Redirector and then it will get rid of the RIM messages and it will pass along 1 more email and then the RIM messages appear again in outlook.

Is there a reason only 1 email is being processed? I gave full XP Admin rights temporarily to the user just in case they needed it but it did not fix anything.

Can anyone tell me what XP rights the user must have minimally to have this working properly and why its only processing 1 email before stopping with these strange symptoms?

BTW this is for a 7250 blackberry device and the loaded CD was the packaged one that came with the system (this wasn't downloaded).
To fix this...make sure that mail is NOT being delivered to a PST file.

Check your MAPI and ensure it says mail is being delivered to "Mailbox" (For Outlook 2003 go to Control Panel -> Mail -> Profiles, select your profile then -> Properties -> E-Mail Accounts -> View or Change Existing, check value for "Deliver new email to the following location", it should say "Mailbox - <users name>").

Why it works this way?
When an email is sent from the BB, a request is sent to the wireless network then an ETP Server generates a Network message with an ETP attachment and sends it to the specified email address it read from the Service Book on the BB (messages you are sitting which pile up).

Since Redirector's sole function is to monitor the Exchange mailbox "looking" for these messages, it is obviously not seeing them and "redirecting" them. It will not scan a PST file and mail is probably being delivered there even though it's invisible to you and the user in Outlook.

Don't worry about Admin Rights. Irrelevant for this issue. If they can send/receive in Outlook that's all the Rights they need for DTR.

Is this doesn't resolve it, then look at the "Status" in Desktop Redirector and post it here.

As the previous person reported it could be a bad (MAPI) profile for Desktop Manager "purposes" even though Outlook works fine and creating a new one and telling Desktop Manager to use it may resolve as well.

Last edited by BlackBerry Master; 02-03-2006 at 07:46 AM..
Old 02-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #5
StumpedTechy

Model: 7250

I figured this one out... There actually was no problem LOL. The problem is I was thinking this was FAST software... these messages can sit in there for sometimes up to 5 mins before being processed and forwarded out... I was just too impatient. Thanks for the information though I am going to start supporting more of these things so I am sure I'll be in here more often
Closed Thread