Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
BryonyScarlet

Model: 9800
PIN: 27102420
Carrier: O2
Default email problems

Please Login to Remove!

I have a blackberry torch and I have set up my email and it tells me everything is working. But i can not receive my emails, only send them. I do not understand why it does not work. And I use my email a lot so I do need this feature on my phone

Anyone that could help would be great.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 06-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: email problems

Please do not hijack another user;s thread and then also start you own.

Is this a work account or a personal account?

Is the device on BIS or BES?

Have you tried a battery pull?

Have you resent service books?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
BryonyScarlet

I didn't mean to hijack their thread. At the time I didn't know how to stard my own thread and needed some help.

And yes I have don't battery pull.

It is a personal hotmail accout.

And I'm not sure what bis or bes is.

And what are sercive books ?

I don't know a lot about the technical side of the phone :/
Old 06-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

BIS is the data plan for individual users.
BES is a corporate data connection used by companies that run their own Exchange server, etc.

Both are valid BlackBerry data plans and you have to have one of them to use any data services like email, bbm, web browser, mms, etc. Whatever data plan you have with o2, it has to say "BlackBerry" somewhere to get these services.

Service Books are permission modules you get from o2 that let your BlackBerry connect to the various data services at RIM. If you're on BIS you can log into your BIS account at o2, go to Help, and find the button to Resend Service Books. If you're on a corporate BES system then ask the BlackBerry admins.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

I have Hotmail as one of my 5 email accounts on my BlackBerry (you're allowed 10 regular email accounts and one enterprise account). Hotmail works very well, but I don't get syncing of read/unread messages. Hotmail is just not set up by Microsoft for full BlackBerry integration. GMail is much better for this.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #6
BryonyScarlet

Well before I had this phone. I had a curve. And that worked tottaly fine. With the same account. And all my services are working. As I can get internet and bbm. Send emails. Just not receive any emails. But I need a way to fix it. I must be on BIS as it is a personal contract. Not a buisness contract. I do not understand why it worked on my curve but I'm having such trouble on my torch :(
Old 06-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
pusser

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

I may be having similar problems to you, although I do receive emails, just not ALL of them. I have set up my Torch to bring in emails from my own ISP and domain name email address. It works but it doesn't bring down all of them. Maybe I will find out if there is a conflict between my outlook express and the phone because, next week I am away from my computer for a few days. When I get back, I will either have loads of unread emails from the server that didn't come to my BB, or all will be resolved.
Otherwise, my Torch seems to be doing fine. I have only had it a week!
/\/\ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonyScarlet View Post
Well before I had this phone. I had a curve. And that worked tottaly fine. With the same account. And all my services are working. As I can get internet and bbm. Send emails. Just not receive any emails. But I need a way to fix it. I must be on BIS as it is a personal contract. Not a buisness contract. I do not understand why it worked on my curve but I'm having such trouble on my torch :(
Old 06-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
kiwilist

Model: 9700
Carrier: marketing

I agree with rambo...
Stacey
Old 07-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #9
niqui

Model: 9800T
Carrier: Vodacom

hi, i leave in mozambique, i went to amsterdam for hollydays, and buyed a new sim card, so i can see my email, everything was working nicely. now im back home, inserted my sim card, and wanted to setuup my emails, it apears. " checking for updates" then " connecting to email setings" than it says " Your BlackBerry internet Service account is suspended or deactivated, contact vodafone Netherlands. please help me. i need to stay tuned to may emails. thanks
Old 07-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
Medic48
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
hi, i leave in mozambique, i went to amsterdam for hollydays, and buyed a new sim card, so i can see my email, everything was working nicely. now im back home, inserted my sim card, and wanted to setuup my emails, it apears. " checking for updates" then " connecting to email setings" than it says " Your BlackBerry internet Service account is suspended or deactivated, contact vodafone Netherlands. please help me. i need to stay tuned to may emails. thanks
First of, please do not hijack others threads.

Secondly, I would suggestion contacting your wireless carrier as the message says to do.

--Phil
Closed Thread