BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
mrod7280
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Mailstreet.com sync with my Laptop

Please Login to Remove!

For those of you using mailstreet.com or another hosted BES... how do you keep you office Outlook information up to date. I used to be and Cingular Webclient but due to problems with forwarding mail from my exchange server to the mycingular.blackberry.net website I switched to mailstreet.com. The switch has solved my exchange forwarding issues but now anytime i attach my BB to my laptop (via usb) to sync outlook with my BB something bad happens to my Enterprise activation and i have to call mailstreet.com to get a new activation code and perform the Enterprise activation process again. The mailstreet.com people tell me this is not unusual. How do other who use a hosted BES keep your office Outlook data up to date? i am the only one in my organization using mailstreet.com and one of only two BB users. It is important that I keep my office Outlook data up to date so others can check my availablity for meetings and such. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #2
arche3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon

I use Mailstreet as well for hosted exchange and BES. the profile I have setup on outlook is according to mailstreet "outlook setup" direction. The way it works for me is everytime the pc is logged onto outlook the program connects to the exchange server and updates any changes. every 5 or 10 minutes the blackberry also looks to the exchange server for any changes. The blackberry and outlook both look to the exchange server for any updates, etc. With outlook overriding the blackberry on certain conflicts. You do not need to sync your blackberry to the pc outlook to update. outlook and blackberry both talk (sync) to exchange server for any updates.
For example: If I change a contact in my blackberry when I am out of the office my outlook on the PC changes the contact as well. If I add a note to outlook the note appears on the blackberry in a few minutes. If I send an appointment request via blackberry it is also mirrored on outlook. they are for funtional purposes the same in most cases.
no connecting between pc and blackberry needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod7280
For those of you using mailstreet.com or another hosted BES... how do you keep you office Outlook information up to date. I used to be and Cingular Webclient but due to problems with forwarding mail from my exchange server to the mycingular.blackberry.net website I switched to mailstreet.com. The switch has solved my exchange forwarding issues but now anytime i attach my BB to my laptop (via usb) to sync outlook with my BB something bad happens to my Enterprise activation and i have to call mailstreet.com to get a new activation code and perform the Enterprise activation process again. The mailstreet.com people tell me this is not unusual. How do other who use a hosted BES keep your office Outlook data up to date? i am the only one in my organization using mailstreet.com and one of only two BB users. It is important that I keep my office Outlook data up to date so others can check my availablity for meetings and such. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-24-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
adjuster11
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default mailstreet

Anybody else have Mailstreet problems today? I can't get logged in on my VPN on the desktop, and www.mailstreet.com refuses to load with I.E. on 2 separate machines. 3PM MT 2 24 06.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:06 AM   #4
FuzzyClam

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

I got this last night from MailStreet:

Dear MailStreet Customer,

We wanted to update you on a problem we experienced that may have affected your ability to connect to your MailStreet Hosted Exchange service today between 4:30PM and 5:10PM Eastern. Although many customers did not notice an issue, we feel its best to be forthcoming in this matter.

The problem has been identified as a faulty core network switch in our datacenter. This equipment was replaced and the connectivity issues have since been corrected. Please note that the problem was network related and did not result in any data loss.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and your organization. Please know that we are working with our datacenter vendor to find a way to prevent such an occurrence from happening in the future.

We thank you for your understanding as we worked to correct this issue. We appreciate having you as a MailStreet customer.

Respectfully,

MailStreet Support
[email address]
866.433.8787 x 2
Old 02-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
mrod7280
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks Arche3. All is well.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #6
dougp
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

mrod
Both my partner and I have mailstreet and use it to sync our bb's with a laptop and desktop computer each. I have had the "reactivate" issue you described on a very infrequent basis (usually when I notice a lack of corresponding email on the bb and the computers). I haven't had any issue for some time.

The last time I had the issue I noticed that I had the archive settings on the laptop and desktop that didn't match. Corrected, I haven't had the issue again although I am not sure if that warrants a success or luck on timing.
Closed Thread