BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
yaderhey

Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T
Default Where did my e-mail go??

Please Login to Remove!

Weirdest thing just happened. First, I got an e-mail telling me my inbox was full. So I logged in using my Mac at home with Safari (probably a bad idea), and I noticed that it wasn't automatically deleting the spam that I had filtered out. Safari doesn't work so well with the Blackberry Web client, and I was unsuccessful in deleting a few of the messages off the server.

So I logged back in using Firefox, and it asked me if I'd like to upgrade to the newer Blackberry software that automatically deletes old messages, and I said yes.

And here's the problem. Now it doesn't recognize that I have a POP acct. already set up. So I recreated my POP account, and instantly, a new mailbox icon appeared on my Blackberry. Suddenly, I'm receiving e-mails through my original Message icons, as well as this new Mailbox icon on my BB. Yet, I can still send e-mails on my Blackberry from my original acct (I can tell it's the original because it has my custom sig file), or from this new, duplicate account.

So I deleted the new duplicate account, and now I'm not able to receive e-mails (yet I can still send them). What's going on??

I'm at a complete loss. Please help!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: m

When you upgraded to 2.0 the BIS inbox was no longer an issue. You created the POP account under 2.0 and was able to receive messages. You were still sending on the old webclient[cmime] service book which is no longer receiving new messages as you've upgraded. One was receiving and the other was sending although you'd be just as able to send using the new service books as well if you were to recreate it.

Your POP account should have migrated when you upgraded. For whatever reason it didn't so you recreated. Under 2.0 all accounts have their own messages icon. Since you've deleted the account I'm willing to bet that the messages icon disappeared as well.

Recreate the POP account under BIS. Now try composing a new message. Before you send it scroll to the top of the message. It should have an option similar to 'Send Using'. You can change this option so it will send using your old webclient[cmime] service book or specifically with the accounts you have set up.

Does any of that make sense?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
yaderhey

Model: 8700C
Default Almost there ...

Ok, that almost makes total sense.

Now, having the old default Message Icon and the new Mailbox icon, I hid the old Default Message Icon, leaving me with just the new one. Send and receive works (though it seems slower), but i still have the "Send Using: Web Client" option. Since apparently I can't receive mail from the "Web Client" option, can I make that option go away? It seems repetitive.

Thanks in advance for helping to clear this up for me.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaderhey
Ok, that almost makes total sense.

Now, having the old default Message Icon and the new Mailbox icon, I hid the old Default Message Icon, leaving me with just the new one. Send and receive works (though it seems slower), but i still have the "Send Using: Web Client" option. Since apparently I can't receive mail from the "Web Client" option, can I make that option go away? It seems repetitive.

Thanks in advance for helping to clear this up for me.
According to some RIM document I read, the Web Client will disappear in 30 days. I have no idea if this is correct or not.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
Beton

Model: 8700c

I switched from a 7120 to a 8700c and now Iam getting the msg of full inbox, and I erase everything on my BB, but the inbox is still full and the webclient wont let me delet them.

Do anyone know what is going on and how can i fix it?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #6
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

what do you mean the BIS account won't let you delte the messages? is the delete option greyed out?

If so make sure you're using IE - not another browser - as it is the main supported browser; older versions of Netscape are also supported
Old 04-29-2006, 02:37 AM   #7
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: m

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
According to some RIM document I read, the Web Client will disappear in 30 days. I have no idea if this is correct or not.
I believe it's actually the webclient inbox will be available for up to 30 days for the handheld to reference. As to whether the service book will then disappear, that I don't know.

The 30 days also reference to how long hosted emails will stick around on the BIS servers for. So if you get something to vzw.blackberry.net the BIS servers should maintain a copy for reference up to the 30 days.
Closed Thread