Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
Rhialto
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Carrier: Telus
Default TELUS 7520 users, look here

Please Login to Remove!

After 5 calls to TELUS about when they will offer us OS 4.1 and having 5 different answers I would like all of you to call them so they will finally realize they should stop being lazy and give it to their customer just like NEXTEL offer since a few month now.

PLEASE call 1-877-253-2763 then press 2 for english, then 0, then 1 because it's a MIKE and finally 0. ASK FOR THE BLACKBERRY DEPARTMENT. Once there, just ask them when they plan to offer 4.1 and be ready to hear lot of different stories.

The more call they get, faster are our chance to see 4.1 available for us.

PLEASE write what you've been told for each call made.

Thank you.

P.S. Can this be pinned for a ONE week rush so we can get as many people to join and participate?

Last edited by Rhialto; 05-18-2006 at 10:06 AM..
Old 05-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
Rhialto

1st call: we don't plan to offer 4.1 since the 7520 won't be available anymore soon.

2nd call: I heard it will be available in May.

3rd call: We have no specific information about that.

4th call: I think it will be available in June.

5th call: Our record show nothing about 4.1 for a OS upgrade on the 7520 and usually their is a internal notice 1 month in advance when it's going to happen so sorry about that.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
slickca21

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I don't think you'll ever see it? 7520 doesn't have enough memory to handle the 4.1 software??
Old 05-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

The 7520 has 32MB of RAM. 4.1 will run on it.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #5
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

First off it's called QA testing, second if you want 4.1 so badly use the NEXTEL version and third if you think the wait is long on MiKE give Rogers a try they take just as long if not longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhialto
After 5 calls to TELUS about when they will offer us OS 4.1 and having 5 different answers I would like all of you to call them so they will finally realize they should stop being lazy and give it to their customer just like NEXTEL offer since a few month now.

PLEASE call 1-877-253-2763 then press 2 for english, then 0, then 1 because it's a MIKE and finally 0. ASK FOR THE BLACKBERRY DEPARTMENT. Once there, just ask them when they plan to offer 4.1 and be ready to hear lot of different stories.

The more call they get, faster are our chance to see 4.1 available for us.

PLEASE write what you've been told for each call made.

Thank you.

P.S. Can this be pinned for a ONE week rush so we can get as many people to join and participate?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #6
Rhialto

I made 5 calls... hope you can make at least one and see what they will answer.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #7
Rhialto

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch
First off it's called QA testing, second if you want 4.1 so badly use the NEXTEL version and third if you think the wait is long on MiKE give Rogers a try they take just as long if not longer.
QA? A few don't even know what I'm talking about when I call.. else don't have a clue about it or THINK it may be in May or June. So if it was under developpement they could at least tell us.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Use Nextels and move on, I have a Verizon phone, I decided to wait for them to release it, almost turned blue. I went first with Telstra and then Sprint figuring while I wait for theirs I would take advantage of the upgrades. Well I waited, and waited, turned gray in the process, and . . . finally Verizon released it. Guess what, after all that waiting, the Sprint version I have been running with for months, is a newer version than what Verizon released. When I went to do the Verizon one, the system said it was a downgrade. So the moral of the story is, the grass aint always greener on the other side of the fence. Waiting for a release simply because it has your carriers branding means nothing.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-18-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
seann

Model: 8120
Carrier: n/a

Does the nextel version show who text messages are from?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #10
LilMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by seann
Does the nextel version show who text messages are from?
I could never get my 7520 to show who the SMS is from, a major drawback i find for this model. Anyone?
MySpace: tat2lilmikey
Old 05-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #11
DeltaLima

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus, Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
Use Nextels and move on, I have a Verizon phone, I decided to wait for them to release it, almost turned blue. I went first with Telstra and then Sprint figuring while I wait for theirs I would take advantage of the upgrades. Well I waited, and waited, turned gray in the process, and . . . finally Verizon released it. Guess what, after all that waiting, the Sprint version I have been running with for months, is a newer version than what Verizon released. When I went to do the Verizon one, the system said it was a downgrade. So the moral of the story is, the grass aint always greener on the other side of the fence. Waiting for a release simply because it has your carriers branding means nothing.
I will if nobody call... but will need instruction on how to proceed. Do I only need to "delete" the vendor.xml file or I need to add another alx like I saw in another thread?
Old 05-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #12
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

The additional axl file you saw has to do with extra themes, to get the benefit of the upgrade all you need to do is the vendor file. That you need to do regardless, if you also want the additional themes then also do the axl file. I dont know enugh but I presume you can do it simultaneously. I mean install the OS in your pc then do the axl file then upgrade all in one shot. You can obviously do it in two steps so if you want to wait till someone confirms what I just said about all at once wait and I am sure someone will step in and correct me.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 950
Carrier: robbers

Dudes -- he's with TELUS. CANADA. You can choose Bell, Rogers, Telus. That's it. (there may be others in other provinces but it's all the same pile of crap)

We don't have as much choice..

but has ANYONE have the 7520 with OS 4.1? If yes, why not download that version, and install it?? i have 4.1 from Hong Kong CSL (7290) and it works just fine.. just dont' expect ANY support officially if you upgrade and try to call BB support for your carrier..

NOTE: as of this writing Rogers has not released 4.1 either.. i won't call and ***** -- there are bigger problems (such as the 25 MB limit on Rogers). It'll hapen when it happens.. they have to QA the software before its' released..

-
Old 05-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #14
micromind

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

i gave up and took the nextel upgrade ....to be honest it's got a few new things........but it's nothing really special.just update your 7520 with nextel update if you want it so bad