BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:51 AM   #1
johnyyz

Default Outlook Filters-Folders and Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

My work gave me this BB and neither I or the person who set this up can figure out a solution to a problem that I am experiencing.

Before BB. I had set up filters in Outlook that if Mr.A sent me a message that is directly moved to a folder that I set up for this individual.

Now with BB when a filter is in place I don't receive that message to BB unless I turn off/disable the filter. It comes to my desktop Outlook though(the folder).

My company is using our domain and Exchange server for the BB and I am looking into a way that when a message is sent, it is moved to its folder as well as sent to BB. Is there a way to fix this?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
SmurfBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

It sounds like you got it under control, as far as setting up the filter. By filter do you mean rules an wizards.

Set up a rule inside of MS Outlook, and the rule can have it placed in a certain folder and forwarded to another email address.

I think the problem with that is your inbox needs to be open all the time.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #3
johnyyz

"I think the problem with that is your inbox needs to be open all the time"

You mean this is a server side change on the exchange side or BB side?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:43 AM   #4
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyyz
My work gave me this BB and neither I or the person who set this up can figure out a solution to a problem that I am experiencing.

Before BB. I had set up filters in Outlook that if Mr.A sent me a message that is directly moved to a folder that I set up for this individual.

Now with BB when a filter is in place I don't receive that message to BB unless I turn off/disable the filter. It comes to my desktop Outlook though(the folder).

My company is using our domain and Exchange server for the BB and I am looking into a way that when a message is sent, it is moved to its folder as well as sent to BB. Is there a way to fix this?
The problem is that you should only be using BB filters to filter what does or does not go to the BB - not where it goes.

What you want to do is change the default FOLDERS the BB monitors or uses. Usually this is done from the Desktop Manager's Redirector settings. By default it will only monitor the Inbox. You'd want to change this to monitor the Inbox as well as the folder Outlook is redirecting Mr. A's email to.

I'm not familiar with how or if full Over The Air sync is required, but I believe this can also be done from the BES if you're on one.

J
Old 05-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #5
johnyyz

Thank you. What you suggested solved my problem.

Cheers
Closed Thread