Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #121
InPocket
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

my battery wont go down!!

ive been trying to get the battery down so that I can give it a nice large, full, overnight charge. It went to 35% then 5 minutes later it went to 45%!!!???

i did some minor web browsing, about 35 emails, some texts, bberry messenger (P.S. ADD ME!! especially if you design websites or do computer consulting/IT..ill tell you about it in another post)

anyway, whats the deal with this battery??
Old 09-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #122
rpvitale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Just a followup. Data tech support does't have any replacements to send out. They said call tele sales tomorrow because they are closed now. Not off to a good start.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:24 PM   #123
cfg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9x30

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
Desktop 4.2 didn't ship with the 8703. Did you d/l it from RIM?
Yeah, I installed it late last week. No tangible benefit to having it just yet, but it's newer and I was impatient waiting for my rep to get 8703 pricing.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #124
Nahmeanz

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

what are some recommended programs?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #125
Sottozero

Model: 7130e

OK, here's my quick review. I'll answer any questions you have.

Got my 8703e today. I'm coming off a 7130e, which I have found to be a GREAT phone.

8703e is nicer in pretty much every regard -- looks, form factor, build quality, screen, you name it. Overall, the 8703 just seems more evolved.

Speed is fine -- I'd put it a notch quicker than the 7130, but that's just raw feel. The benchmarks may or may not back me up.

The ability to use shortcuts from the home screen is awesome. I love that.

Browsing speed is phenominal -- quicker than the 7130, but again, that's just my perception. Actual end user experience measurements might prove me wrong.

The screen is even nicer than the 7130, and I appreciate the extra horizontal real estate. It was one of the main reasons I looked into the 8703.

One question, and I ask this to anyone coming off a SureType-enabled BlackBerry: at first, does the text entry on a fully QWERTY keyboard seem slow? Because I can tell you that right now, I'm faster on the 7130 keyboard, even though the words are sometimes predicted wrong. I'm assuming that over time, I will become much more adept, and therefore faster, on the full keyboard. Anyone have any comments here?

Also, if you have any questions, ask away.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:21 PM   #126
Seawolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

If I order this, does Verizon have a 14 day return policy in case I decide I don't like it? I currently have the 7130e.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #127
fireman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sottozero

Got my 8703e today. I'm coming off a 7130e, which I have found to be a GREAT phone.

8703e is nicer in pretty much every regard -- looks, form factor, build quality, screen, you name it. Overall, the 8703 just seems more evolved.

Speed is fine -- I'd put it a notch quicker than the 7130, but that's just raw feel. The benchmarks may or may not back me up.

Browsing speed is phenominal -- quicker than the 7130, but again, that's just my perception. Actual end user experience measurements might prove me wrong.

The screen is even nicer than the 7130, and I appreciate the extra horizontal real estate. It was one of the main reasons I looked into the 8703.

One question, and I ask this to anyone coming off a SureType-enabled BlackBerry: at first, does the text entry on a fully QWERTY keyboard seem slow? Because I can tell you that right now, I'm faster on the 7130 keyboard, even though the words are sometimes predicted wrong. I'm assuming that over time, I will become much more adept, and therefore faster, on the full keyboard. Anyone have any comments here?

What about the phone reception?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #128
cdd543
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

Under options/ screen/ keyboard you can adjust the key rate.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #129
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

When you guys got your new 8703e's, where did the shipment originate from? was it the Texas shipping center?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:45 PM   #130
cdd543
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvitale
OK. After replacing the battery after 10 hours of usage it will no longer reboot. All I get is Data Abort (Reset). I'm on the phone with DATA support. She didn't even know this model was out yet. She has no clue. I asked if ther was a place I could get the OS for reboad. She said customers can't do that. Now she want to chage me for overnight shipping to send a new device. I'm now on hold waiting for a manager.

That is crap..bberry handheld and desktop software are available to public. For verizon it normally would be here VZEmail - BlackBerry 4.x Software Download, but 8703 has not appeared yet.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #131
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
When you guys got your new 8703e's, where did the shipment originate from? was it the Texas shipping center?
Mine came from Ontario, California
Old 09-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #132
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
If I order this, does Verizon have a 14 day return policy in case I decide I don't like it? I currently have the 7130e.
Yes it does have a 14 day return policy.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #133
Postalrecon

Model: N80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdd543
That is crap..bberry handheld and desktop software are available to public. For verizon it normally would be here VZEmail - BlackBerry 4.x Software Download, but 8703 has not appeared yet.
Thats becasue the 8703 cant be ordered by customer service, at least from my customer service center, the BB is only available through business and internet channels, which would make sense as to why the software isint on the site yet

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #134
jungleland

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalrecon
Thats becasue the 8703 cant be ordered by customer service, at least from my customer service center, the BB is only available through business and internet channels, which would make sense as to why the software isint on the site yet

Nope on both counts....Verizon will put up the firmware for the device when the new firmware comes out...Verizon never puts up the "FROM THE FACTORY" firmware..only upgrades..
Old 09-21-2006, 01:33 AM   #135
Postalrecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
Nope on both counts....Verizon will put up the firmware for the device when the new firmware comes out...Verizon never puts up the "FROM THE FACTORY" firmware..only upgrades..
call telesales and try to order the phone, they will tell you that its not available, and second, verizon doesnt have the firmware trust me

Old 09-21-2006, 01:38 AM   #136
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdd543
If you go to the http://vzw.smithmicro.com/ page, it has the 8703e listed... But not the actual handheld software update version, just the VZW access software... Maybe there just aren't any updates to the handheld version yet..
Old 09-21-2006, 02:16 AM   #137
Postalrecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspiegel
If you go to the VZAccess Manager - Product Search page, it has the 8703e listed... But not the actual handheld software update version, just the VZW access software... Maybe there just aren't any updates to the handheld version yet..
youre right, jungle was right vzw doesnt release the original software for the phone (my bad dude!) as for being able to order in over the phone, im not sure if you can yet or not, i had to order mine on the internet.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:25 AM   #138
tjewell73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

Quote:

Please tell me how you did this, I have been trying everthing.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:16 AM   #139
kasperapd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalrecon
youre right, jungle was right vzw doesnt release the original software for the phone (my bad dude!) as for being able to order in over the phone, im not sure if you can yet or not, i had to order mine on the internet.
Keep your eye on this page ---> VZEmail - BlackBerry 4.x Software Download

I'm sure they will be adding the 8703e to it soon.

Please try a Search
Old 09-21-2006, 06:34 AM   #140
whsbuss

Model: 9800
Default Coverage LED

Here's a welcomed change I noticed. When the 8703 is turned of or is auto/off the green coverage LED now stops flashing. On my old 7130 it would sit on my night stand and flash all night. I finally turned it off. I never could understand why it would flash when off...... do I need to know I have coverage with the unit off?

Anyway, its all good now with the 8703.
Closed Thread