BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
lafun2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: PEARL
Default Blackberry T Mobile Pearl questions...

Please Login to Remove!

I am a new Blackberry Pearl owner (as of 3 hours ago). DL'ed the CD on my laptop. Read through all the owners manual, but still have a few questions.

1) I tried going to T Mobile and entering all the phone number that "downloads" to your phone. However, it is not working. Is there a way to get all my old phone numbers (from verizon phone) in the Pearl easier than typing it one at a time?

2) I have 2 yahoo accounts setup on the pearl as email. Does one need to type the email address everytime you want to send out an email to someone from the Pearl? Or is there a addressbook that can be imported directely from your yahoo email?

3) Is there a way to put all the contacts/address book update from the laptop to the Pearl?

4) I tried downloading 2 pics from the Laptop to the Pearl. I go under hte "media" part, and select the pics from the laptop, but when I press the ARROW to get it to the Blackberry, nothing happens. Ideas?

5) How do you download ringtones/add different music on to the Pearl?

6) Also when I compose an email from the Pearl (since I have two yahoo accounts) is there a default and a non default?

Appreciate help

-R in San Diego
Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
nyzwerewolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

you can synchronzie your contacts/addressbook Microsoft Outlook

yes theres a default email account, usually it is blackberry.net email
Old 09-29-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafun2
I am a new Blackberry Pearl owner (as of 3 hours ago). DL'ed the CD on my laptop. Read through all the owners manual, but still have a few questions.

1) I tried going to T Mobile and entering all the phone number that "downloads" to your phone. However, it is not working. Is there a way to get all my old phone numbers (from verizon phone) in the Pearl easier than typing it one at a time?

2) I have 2 yahoo accounts setup on the pearl as email. Does one need to type the email address everytime you want to send out an email to someone from the Pearl? Or is there a addressbook that can be imported directely from your yahoo email?

3) Is there a way to put all the contacts/address book update from the laptop to the Pearl?

4) I tried downloading 2 pics from the Laptop to the Pearl. I go under hte "media" part, and select the pics from the laptop, but when I press the ARROW to get it to the Blackberry, nothing happens. Ideas?

5) How do you download ringtones/add different music on to the Pearl?

6) Also when I compose an email from the Pearl (since I have two yahoo accounts) is there a default and a non default?

Appreciate help

-R in San Diego
1) What kind of Verizon device do you have, and are you able to sync it to Microsoft Outlook?

2) I don't know of a way to import from Yahoo mail, but once you get your address book on the 8100 setup, all your email addresses can be stored there, and you can pull them up when you are ready to send an email.

3) I think what you are referring to here is a sync. If so, yes you can sync your contacts with the 8100 via the Desktop Manager software it came with.

4) Make sure you are selecting the right folder to move the pictures to. Also, when I have done this, I say no to enabling mass storage mode. Always works for me.

5) Same as 4, download what you want into the correct folder, such as ringtones or music.

6) There is a default: Go to Options > Advanced Options > Message Services and set your default. When composing an email, you can always move up to the send using area, and change if you want to send from a different account.

Please try a Search
Old 09-29-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
lafun2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
4) Make sure you are selecting the right folder to move the pictures to. Also, when I have done this, I say no to enabling mass storage mode. Always works for me.

Thank you so much for the info Kasper.

Two further questions

1) How do I get to the folder to put the stuff in once the laptop is hooked up to the phone? Under Media...I don't see folder options

2) I guess I was trying to load my yahoo address book to the phone..and I guess that is not possible...unlesss outlook is used.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
lafun2

Also it seems all the outgoing SMS/Email remain in the folders. Is there a way to turn of the feature..so it doesn't save them?

I only found something that says "keep for 15 days" ..is that the lowest?
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 AM   #6
kasperapd

Quote:

Two further questions

1) How do I get to the folder to put the stuff in once the laptop is hooked up to the phone? Under Media...I don't see folder options

2) I guess I was trying to load my yahoo address book to the phone..and I guess that is not possible...unlesss outlook is used.
1) When you open Media Manager, click on Media Card on the screen on the right hand side, then click the Blackberry folder, the select the folder you want to put whatever file in.

2) Using Outlook or another supported program is the only way I know how. When you click on Synchronize from the Desktop Manager, go to the configure tab, then pick what you want it to sync and where from. It will give you a list of available options.

Please try a Search
Old 09-29-2006, 01:56 AM   #7
kasperapd

Quote:
Also it seems all the outgoing SMS/Email remain in the folders. Is there a way to turn of the feature..so it doesn't save them?

I only found something that says "keep for 15 days" ..is that the lowest?
I think that is only for the messages in your inbox, but I could be wrong.

Please try a Search
Old 09-29-2006, 02:30 AM   #8
tazeat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

Two further questions

In yahoo email is there a place to export your contacts ... yes just used google.

1. Export your contacts from Yahoo mail: Go to >> Address >> Import/Export >> Yahoo CSV.

2. now in outlook go file import then click Other Address Book. Click Text File (Comma Separated Values).

Now your contacts are in outlook

3. Sync your outlook w/ your blackberry

Tada 123
Old 09-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
lafun2

You guys have been a tremendous help, thank you. FIgured out the outlook, and got all the addresses in there.

Quote:
1) When you open Media Manager, click on Media Card on the screen on the right hand side, then click the Blackberry folder, the select the folder you want to put whatever file in.
Still having problem with this. When I click the Media Manager, on the right hand side is only "device memory" line

On top of that is blackberry but nothing happens if i click or double click.

is there a way to type in the music/picture folders to get in them?
Old 09-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #10
kasperapd

Just want to check, but do you have a Media Card in the device, or are you just using the device memory?

Please try a Search
Old 09-29-2006, 02:13 PM   #11
lafun2

Quote:
Just want to check, but do you have a Media Card in the device, or are you just using the device memory?
I don't think it has anything additional, other than what T Mobile gave me when I purchased it through them.

I would assume it is just device memory.
Closed Thread