Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: AT&T
Default OWA Integration Failure

Please Login to Remove!

I've been happily using my Cingular BIS to tap into my company's OWA server for work email for 2 years now, via 7100 and now 8700. This weekend, I received this email:

Quote:
This email account is no longer accessible by your BlackBerry handheld. This issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password used to access this account.

To resume receiving email from this address, login to your BlackBerry Internet Service account and verify the password is correct for this email account.

Email Account Information:
Email Account: XXXX
Email: [email address]
UserID: xxxx/xxxxxxxxx
I knew, for a fact, that my password to access OWA hadn't changed. However, I went out to the BIS and saw that they thought there was a problem with this account, so I re-entered the password and got the thumbs-up that the account was working correctly. Well, I get this same email ten minutes later. I try, again, to enter the password and the same thing happens (app reports success, failure email later).

When I get to work this morning, I see that I do have new emails in my work inbox that aren't being delivered. So, I again login to the BIS and completely remove the acct and add it from scratch. It seems to add OK in the app, then I get the welcome email, then roughly ten minutes later, I get the above email.

A friend of mine on TMO is having the same problem, so I temporarily rule-out it being a Cingular BIS issue, and send an email to the guy who admins the OWA and other things here at my company. He says that nothing has changed on the OWA server in a long time. Oddly, though, there was a BES outage this weekend, but that shouldn't affect me since I have never been on the BES.

Any thoughts as to what this might be?

Thanks!!
Old 10-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

how many emails are in your inbox? if you have more then about 900 (or a lot of large ones) move them to a seperate folder and see if that fixes the problem
Old 10-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERDucky
how many emails are in your inbox? if you have more then about 900 (or a lot of large ones) move them to a seperate folder and see if that fixes the problem
I keep my Inbox empty because I'm OCD.

I just had a third co-worker approach me asking if I'd stopped receiving work emails now. It's an epidemic!!!

Thanks for your reply.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #4
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700

I've been receiving my OWA emails all day long on TMO.

Please try a Search
Old 10-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyMac
I keep my Inbox empty because I'm OCD.

I just had a third co-worker approach me asking if I'd stopped receiving work emails now. It's an epidemic!!!

Thanks for your reply.

Call Cingular and tell them escalate to RIM.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #6
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just got off the phone and since they're having an Internet problem in TX and other states, she said she couldn't diagnose the problem and that I'd have to call back.

I'm not happy about this.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #7
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

call back and talk to someone else
if your @mycingular.blackberry.net account works fine your not affected by any network issues Cingular is having
Old 10-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #8
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

UPDATE

A co-worker who was experiencing the same problem with his TMO account got escalated to RIM and long story short, there was a problem on their end and it's now fixed.

Plus, they made integrating your OWA account through the BIS soooo much easier now. All you need is your email address and password rather than knowing the URL to the OWA server, your login name, etc (stuff that I was able to figure out and put in properly, but others might not be able to).

Anyway, thumbs up to RIM for getting this fixed!!!
Closed Thread