Old 02-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
BlackBlueberryBrew
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default PIM data not importing

Please Login to Remove!

Palm OS 4.1.4 (pa1mOne)
Trying to import PIM data from Palm Desktop to BB 8700c.

I click on Import
Import PIM data from a Palm(R)/Treo(TM) device or a Windows Mobile(TM)-based device to your BB device.

The software then says "exporting palm data" ... It then says "Translation Started".... At this point it just hangs... nothing happens. I do CTRL + ALT + DEL and then look in Task list. Both apps say: "Not Responding" ... Both apps just lock up.

How do I fix? Is there another way to get my PIM data to the BB? I do not use outlook or anything like that. Just want PIM data from my PalmOne Desktop to my BB.

Thanks...
Old 03-14-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
BlackBlueberryBrew
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I fixed this problem, but forgot to post my solution for other users... So here was the solution:

I noticed that it just kept hanging when it tried to import the "Calendar Stuff". So basically all I did was go to the Palm Directory and then went to the Calendar folder. Once in the Calendar folder, I deleted everything in it. If you do this, make sure you have a backup. Since I didn't care too much about the Calendar stuff, I just deleted everything in that particular folder. When I went to import again, it worked perfectly.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the updated information.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
dolmanboy

Model: 8800
Carrier: o2
Question Can't sync Palm PIM to new 8700

Could you explain a bit further for a newbie.

I too have both the Desktop Manager and my Palm Desktop freeze just after I get to the "Translating records.." message from the Desktop Manager.

Where are you saying to delete the Calendar folder from ?
From my desktop or from my Palm or from BB?

thanks

=======
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBlueberryBrew
I fixed this problem, but forgot to post my solution for other users... So here was the solution:

I noticed that it just kept hanging when it tried to import the "Calendar Stuff". So basically all I did was go to the Palm Directory and then went to the Calendar folder. Once in the Calendar folder, I deleted everything in it. If you do this, make sure you have a backup. Since I didn't care too much about the Calendar stuff, I just deleted everything in that particular folder. When I went to import again, it worked perfectly.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
dolmanboy

Model: 8800
Carrier: o2
Default Still can't get Palm to sync to 8700

Can anyone help?
I still can't get any further.

Desktop Manager and my Palm Desktop freeze just after I get to the "Translating records.." message from the Desktop Manager.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #6
bkruger

Model: 7100i

I just got through the same problem today. What I did was to un-install the Palm software and then remove the Palm folder and all sub-folders. I then re-installed the Palm desktop & sync software, synched my Treo to the Palm desktop, then ran the Intellisync import to get the data to my Blackberry. It worked perfect.

Brooke
Old 08-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #7
wilboy

Model: 8700c

Did it import PAST and FUTURE calendar entries or just FUTURE? When I imported data from my Palm Desktop to my BB 8700, it only imported FUTURE appointments. This was dissappointing since I often access my PAST appointment data to look at various notes associated with each PAST appointment.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
robwmc

Model: 8700c

When I try to sync my 8700c with palm data, I follow the instructions, I click Intellsync, window opens, I click on Import, Welcome to mirgration wizard opens and tells me then I click Next and the next window allows me to select the software I want to mirgrate, there are two and one is palm desktop software but both are grayed out and I can't choose either. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Rob
Closed Thread