BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
walshb6413
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Default I need help guys! Who's got a box??

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

I bought my Pearl a while ago as some of you know and have been hangin out here in these awesome forums since then

I just got a letter from T-Mobile regarding my rebate that I sent for the Pearl, and they say they didn't receive the original UPC codes from the box, when I KNOW I sent them. I have the box here in front of me, with the side missing

Yes, I know I should have made copies, but this time I didn't.

The rep said if I could give her the IMEA and the SIM # (which I can get from the phone), as well as confirm the "number of barcodes on the sticker" she would accept it. So all I need is someone who still has a box or a copy of their sticker to tell me how many barcodes are on there. A picture would be even better in case they ask specifics.

Anyone got their box still??

Thanks in advance,

Brant
Old 11-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
Mattyaw

Model: 8900
PIN: 20f4d480
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

theres 5 in total, 4 relating to the item and 1 relating to the stock/price/isbn

the 4 are as follows

material-no
bt mac
imei
PIN

hope this helps
Old 11-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

If it's any comfort to you, I rarely copy all my rebate stuff. I just send it off.

With all the forms and things I have to do, copying the receipts, bar codes, and forms would be another of already too many steps. So I just take the risk.

Matter of fact, I am a seller's dream. I send off the stuff, don't keep copies and 100% of the time forget that I have a rebate coming.

I guess the nice thing about forgetting is that I am always pleasantly surprised when the checks arrive. Last Saturday I received the two $50 rebates on my T-Mo Pearls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshb6413
Hey all,

I bought my Pearl a while ago as some of you know and have been hanging out here in these awesome forums since then

I just got a letter from T-Mobile regarding my rebate that I sent for the Pearl, and they say they didn't receive the original UPC codes from the box, when I KNOW I sent them. I have the box here in front of me, with the side missing

Yes, I know I should have made copies, but this time I didn't.

The rep said if I could give her the IMEA and the SIM # (which I can get from the phone), as well as confirm the "number of bar codes on the sticker" she would accept it. So all I need is someone who still has a box or a copy of their sticker to tell me how many bar codes are on there. A picture would be even better in case they ask specifics.

Anyone got their box still??

Thanks in advance,

Brant

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 11-06-2006 at 05:08 PM..
Old 11-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
ddfilms
Thumbs Must Hurt

my check came in less than a month. I was amazed.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
secrecyguy

Carrier: T-mobile

I have it back at the house. I post it up tomorrow. Or someone else will beat me to it.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

sorry but this sounds like a fraud to me!!! I wouldnt help out in this in anyway period. Why not just go to the store where you got it and tell them what happend and ask to see a box so you can get what you need. Im sure they will remeber you if you bought the pearl from them
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 11-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythmbHurts
sorry but this sounds like a fraud to me!!! I wouldnt help out in this in anyway period. Why not just go to the store where you got it and tell them what happend and ask to see a box so you can get what you need. Im sure they will remeber you if you bought the pearl from them
x2

Old 11-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #8
SanFrancisco

Quote:
I dunno about that. Doesn't T-Mo, as any seller would, keep track of rebates by SIM number and the phone's serial number? Plus they would have his phone number and mailing address on record. Doesn't seem like one could get away with this.

Moreover, he has been around long enough. Seems that if he was a new member, with no posts, that then I'd be suspicious.

But then I don't have a criminal mind, meaning I don't think of ways to rip T-Mo off, so maybe I don't get it, why you label this Member a fraud. Not being versed in the world of rebate fraud, pardon if I'm wrong in my opinion.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 11-06-2006 at 07:44 PM..
Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Doesn't sound like fraud to me. Why suspect the worst in people. What do you base your "sound" on?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #10
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Why not just go to the store where you got it and tell them what happend and ask to see a box so you can get what you need. Im sure they will remeber you if you bought the pearl from them
I agree that is one way to do it, but maybe he bought it online. Plus, seems a lot easier to just ask fellow Members for the info, in the comfort of one's home.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #11
cdoggLBC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

T-Mo pulled the same BS on me. I was livid even though it is only 50 bucks.... I TOLD them I had all the info that would of been on the box. No dice. I will try calling again. What is the material number and the order of the bar codes?? I can clearly get the rest of the info off my device.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #12
pcm2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I deposited my $50 rebate check a few days ago. As usual, too much rigmarole for a discount ... they should just knock down the price at the point of purchase (and spare us paying the sales tax on the full purchase price that way). But I'm happy to have received my money back.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #13
secrecyguy

I didn't have to do anything. Before I left, I double check to make sure they gave me 1 year and turns out they gave me 2 years. I told them I did not ask for a 2 year contract. So they made some phone calls and they gave me 1 year. But since I already paid, I just have to return the rebate coupon to them.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:48 AM   #14
urbanite

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Seems crazy that T-Mo would make you do that; they should already have a record of your BB purchase. I sent in my rebate form for Rogers (Canada) and didn't have to supply any of those stickers.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #15
paulmac

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

I agree sounds fraudulant to me.....I don't remember having to give the UPC code or anything for my rebate. Or if I did, the T-Mo store gave me the rebate slip and all that info was already pre-filled in. All I had to enter was a mailing address and the phone number assigned to the unit. The IMEI, and all other info was already on the form.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #16
YMark

TMO requires the bar code from the box on my rebate form.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #17
secrecyguy

ok... here's the picture... sorry about the quality. I was using the camera on my 8100. My other camera broke. I won't be getting another one until December.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...y/IMG00064.jpg
Old 11-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #18
walshb6413

Default Thanks!

Wow, so my internet connection was all fritzy this weekend, so this is the first I've been back to the forums..

Thanks for your help guys! I'm going to call first thing tomorrow!

Oh, and for all you that I was a scam, I have attached a pic of the letter they sent me I don't think you are untrusting people or anything, I would probably have thought the same thing
Old 11-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #19
walshb6413

My IMEA etc WAS on the form, the t-mob rep did that for me in the store when I bought the phone, but since they lost the side of the box somehow when I sent it off, she said I would have to have a copy of it, but not send it again, just tell her how many barcodes (like "oh there's five") were on the side of the box, I guess as some weird security measure? Who knows... All I know is, I got the letter above, asked the rep (when I called the above #) what she would need to fix the problem and she told me, IMEA, SIM# and how many barcodes were on the side of the box. The first 2 of those I had on the phone
Closed Thread