BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
Thumbs down Has anyone noticed T-mobiles OS 4.2.0.64 has more errors than O2's 4.2.0.64

Please Login to Remove!

I had O2's OS on my BB before and had no problems like javanullpoint errors or that type of thing but when i went to T-mobiles new release even though they are suppose to be the exact same I get lots more errors now when I wouldnt have before has anyone else noticed this on there BB that has went to T-mobiles new release?
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 11-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
BES admin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

I don't know why anyone would do this...

Why would you go to the trouble of downloading and installing the same OS?

Granted, I am using the 8100 on Cingular's network, but what would be the advantage of installing the latest tmobile OS?

Just curious.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:47 PM   #3
crowberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythmbHurts
I had O2's OS on my BB before and had no problems like javanullpoint errors or that type of thing but when i went to T-mobiles new release even though they are suppose to be the exact same I get lots more errors now when I wouldnt have before has anyone else noticed this on there BB that has went to T-mobiles new release?
nope. All is good with mines.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:52 PM   #4
Necrosan

Carrier: T-Mobile

All is grand here, too. Granted I never installed some other carriers OS, though.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:58 PM   #5
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

I notice this after installing Tmob's version 64: before when I locked the keyboard using mute if I pressed a key it would say "keyboard locked, to unlock press * and call". Now when I press a key, nothing. I have to know to press Mute again to unlock. So if anyone but me wants to unlock it they have to know to press Mute. Anybody else notice that? Can I somehow set it to be like it was before?
Old 11-20-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
ddfilms
Thumbs Must Hurt

After reading all the post I think I will wait a week or 2 before doing this update. My pearl works great right now on .42
Old 11-20-2006, 12:38 AM   #7
jibi
BlackBerry God

Carrier: AT&T

...it. is. the. same. OS. no. changes. at. all. none. every. file. is. the. same.

Seriously, not being a smart butt or anything, but they are. I've run an MD5 checker and the hashes are ALL the same, between THREE of these carrier releases. The only thing that would have been different would be the platform code, and it's not. They all share the same hash - da47338d841dc46ad5e8f3b391a58017. That actually makes me think that the 'fixes' for the platform code is introduced for all carriers within the same file rather than being different for each carrier, go figure.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:15 AM   #8
MooseBerry

Model: 9930
PIN: Up :)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES admin
Granted, I am using the 8100 on Cingular's network, but what would be the advantage of installing the latest tmobile OS?
Just curious.
I'm on cingy as well. Does anybody know when their Pearl software will be available? I would like to be able to use PTT that the cingy pearls will have.

Last edited by MooseBerry; 11-20-2006 at 03:18 AM..
Old 11-20-2006, 07:43 AM   #9
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseBerry
I'm on cingy as well. Does anybody know when their Pearl software will be available? I would like to be able to use PTT that the cingy pearls will have.
Sometime after cingular even has the pearl.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:20 PM   #10
hypetech

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

The updates to the OS will always have the same hash because updates come directly from RIM with blackberrys. The only times updates between carriers will have different files if if something other that the actual OS is updated where it is something specific to the carrier.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #11
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

I am going back to .51. I find .64 has the spinning hourglass to often when going into apps etc. Had it happen 3 times with just the calculator. .51 seems to be the best so far.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:34 PM   #12
bflint

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cellular One

I have had no problems so far the calls seem to answer faster and my battery seems to last a tad bit longer so far so good and the my faves seems to be fixed now no problems with it on the 02 i had blue dots for the people that I added later. Keeping finger crossed
Old 11-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #13
jibi
BlackBerry God

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseBerry
Go to my ALX thread, download the attached ZIP file for whichever release, copy over Platform.alx just as you would BlackBerry.alx and it will enable the PTT application. You must have PTT enabled on your account for the application to work, though.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #14
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowberry
nope. All is good with mines.

Mine also-went from original TMO to this updated TMO and all is good in my hood!
Fixed many problems

Visit me at shamanland
Old 11-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #15
mrcorleone

Model: 8300

i think the question should be why are so many people so quick to jump on each released update if it's released on friday at 12:00am do you really need to download it at 12:01am the same day. i think people should wait a couple weeks hell even a couple of days and see what potential problems it may cause to the unit.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #16
GMK

Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorleone
i think the question should be why are so many people so quick to jump on each released update if it's released on friday at 12:00am do you really need to download it at 12:01am the same day. i think people should wait a couple weeks hell even a couple of days and see what potential problems it may cause to the unit.
I understand your position but I'm not sure that we have a designated version tester. Someone's gotta do it, therefore I'll do it along with many others so that the feedback gets out to the less adventurous, or I should more cautious.

Buy a pearl today from TMO and your gonna get the latest version anyhow, with its problems or not.
Closed Thread