BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #1
MoeBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Default Carrier Question - CDMA (Verizon & Sprint) - No Call Waiting?

Please Login to Remove!

I was doing some reading after my new blackberry 8703 from sprint, does not have the call waiting functionality that my nextel 7520 does ....

It does not show the two names of the callers that I have on hold, or that I'm talking to. I was told that CDMA doesnt support call waiting functions in the same way... so basically when you are done with the new caller, the previous caller "rings back", to you, and doesnt allow a clean switch.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...correctly.html

My question is, is this truly the case? If so, then I think I need to look into a GSM phone. However Cingular, at least in our area, has VERY wavy and shaky signal density. I wonder if Tmobile is any better, do they share towers?
Old 11-20-2006, 03:39 PM   #2
jeffmik
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: carrier

pet peeve of mine with my 7130e - its the only CDMA phone I've ever used that doesn't allow you to use SEND to switch between callers. I can answer an incoming call while already on one by hitting SEND but to switch back and forth after that I have to enter the menu by hitting the scroll wheel then select Flash.
Closed Thread