Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
wickhamz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Default Been a bb user for about 28 hours

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,
I found this site while searching for answers to my many questions as a new comer to the blackberry world. I am a senior in college but I work for a mortgage company full time as well and needed a way to conduct business while being in class and so I decided I needed a blackberry. So far I like it very much, it works great with leads360 which is one of our lead originators. My question lies here (the first of many to come) I am able to log onto my company's email from home by going to 216.177.../exchange (there are other numbers in there) so I thought that I would be able to check this email on my blackberry but so far I have had no such luck. When I am on my laptop and get to that website a box comes up and asks for my login but on my blackberry this does not happen. I am sure there is a simple answer but I am yet to figure it out. I look forward to talking with all of the fellow users on the site. Thanks in advance.
Zach
Old 11-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickhamz
Hello everyone,
I found this site while searching for answers to my many questions as a new comer to the blackberry world. I am a senior in college but I work for a mortgage company full time as well and needed a way to conduct business while being in class and so I decided I needed a blackberry. So far I like it very much, it works great with leads360 which is one of our lead originators. My question lies here (the first of many to come) I am able to log onto my company's email from home by going to 216.177.../exchange (there are other numbers in there) so I thought that I would be able to check this email on my blackberry but so far I have had no such luck. When I am on my laptop and get to that website a box comes up and asks for my login but on my blackberry this does not happen. I am sure there is a simple answer but I am yet to figure it out. I look forward to talking with all of the fellow users on the site. Thanks in advance.
Zach

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure if I can answer your question or not. I'm not familiar with checking corporate email that way. You can try going to the Browser, then options, then browser configuration and change the "emulation mode" to "Microsoft IE". I'm not sure if it will work but it's worth a try. There may be more to it than that and I'm sure others will see your post and try to help you out.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
wickhamz

I tried all of the different emulations. It still does not work for some reason. I appreciate the reply though and thanks for the "Welcome"
Old 11-26-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
tbdiscovery
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

I can certainly feel your pain regarding trying to conduct business while in class. I work for a university and I take classes.

Pertaining to your situation, it could be something as simple as refreshing the screen. Or, it could be a browser issue. It is also possible that the IT department of the university has a block on this. Each university has its own standards - and some are quite strict. If your IT department has a consultation desk, then stop by over there or give them a call. It could be a great test for the students, and if they cannot resolve the problem, then they will forward you to one of the professionals.

Please let us know what you find out.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
wickhamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdiscovery
I can certainly feel your pain regarding trying to conduct business while in class. I work for a university and I take classes.

Pertaining to your situation, it could be something as simple as refreshing the screen. Or, it could be a browser issue. It is also possible that the IT department of the university has a block on this. Each university has its own standards - and some are quite strict. If your IT department has a consultation desk, then stop by over there or give them a call. It could be a great test for the students, and if they cannot resolve the problem, then they will forward you to one of the professionals.

Please let us know what you find out.
Well it is actually my company's email not a university's so I cannot image that they would be that strict. Yeah I would understand a little more if it were a school email but I will call the IT people when I get into the office tomorrow. I am just a person that hates waiting so I was hoping that I could get this figured out.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
tbdiscovery

Oh, my mistake. I read it wrong. Then yes, perhaps you could check with your company's IT dept. It really could be something very simple that is not your fault.

I hate waiting too - the perfect pre-crackberry symptom.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #7
mgnyc11

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

You are using OWA (Outlook Web Access) to connect. You need to do the following:

1. Find out if your company has a POP3\IMAP server to connect to. Most do not, but small company may. You can even ask if they have a BES (blackberry) server. Do others at your company have BB's?

If no POP3\IMAP\BES:

2. Forward your mail from your company.com email to a provider email. Some companies may disable forwarding on your Exchange server, but if you explain the situation, they should enable it for you.

3. You can install Blackberry redirector software on your work computer. You would have to leave your work computer on all the time. The downside to this is if your work computer was shutoff (many businesses do building maintenance over the weekend and shut down power) or a cleaning person knock off your power, you are SOL until your comp gets turned on.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
wickhamz

I have it working now, thank you all for your help. I already have about 10 more questions but I dont want to seem like a moron.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #9
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

You won't!

Ask away!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #10
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

That is what the forum is for.

Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips
Old 11-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
tbdiscovery

Every question answered helps me learn more. There are so many subjects on here that I think I know a bit about, then come to find it there is so much more to it.

So please ask because I want to hear the replies.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #12
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdiscovery
Every question answered helps me learn more. There are so many subjects on here that I think I know a bit about, then come to find it there is so much more to it.

So please ask because I want to hear the replies.
This place IS the encylopedia for BB's.... No doubt
Old 11-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #13
wickhamz

well i am sure that this one will have a simple answer...
I have been typing and then i will realize that i had made an error 10 or so characters ago. So here lies the problem, I know that if you hit caps and then use the trackwheel you can scroll through text, but it highlights everything making it hard to simply correct one mistake in a paragraph without deleting everything that is typed after it. I hope you can understand what it is that I am having trouble with. Thanks for encouraging my questions.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #14
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
well i am sure that this one will have a simple answer...
I have been typing and then i will realize that i had made an error 10 or so characters ago. So here lies the problem, I know that if you hit caps and then use the trackwheel you can scroll through text, but it highlights everything making it hard to simply correct one mistake in a paragraph without deleting everything that is typed after it. I hope you can understand what it is that I am having trouble with. Thanks for encouraging my questions.
Hold down alt and move track wheel
Old 11-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #15
wickhamz

thanks, that was pretty simple, but very helpful.
Next, is there any fun way to get used to typing with the keypad? I assume most people only type with their thumbs. I have huge hands and I am not terribly slow but would like to be fast and dont want to just wait until i get used to it. I would like a fun way to practice. I remember when I bought my first pda in middle school there were games on there to practice using graffiti. That is kind of what I am looking for
Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #16
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
thanks, that was pretty simple, but very helpful.
Next, is there any fun way to get used to typing with the keypad? I assume most people only type with their thumbs. I have huge hands and I am not terribly slow but would like to be fast and dont want to just wait until i get used to it. I would like a fun way to practice. I remember when I bought my first pda in middle school there were games on there to practice using graffiti. That is kind of what I am looking for
I have big hands as well.... Ya type with thumbs is the best... Give it a week or so and you will be blazing fast

Download BBMessenger and type away to felow BB users, send texts from it, type email's from the BB instead of using PC...
Old 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #17
wickhamz

lunkhead, thanks for all of your help i really appreciate it. I am sure that I will have more questions for you.Thanks again
Old 11-27-2006, 07:36 PM   #18
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
lunkhead, thanks for all of your help i really appreciate it. I am sure that I will have more questions for you.Thanks again
No problem at all! This is the one stop shop for all thigs BB
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #19
rmreid

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead
Hold down alt and move track wheel
I learn something new everyday I log on here, thanks everyone
Old 11-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #20
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I still pick up new things every day here....it's awesome!
Closed Thread