Old 11-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #61
AL904
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
Could you let me (us) know a little bit more about this ACT "bolt-on". I am an ACT user and BB user. I miss the great integration of ACT and Palm but put up with that because the BB does so much more (and better).

Any info on this ACT-BB product would be great.
He may be referring to HandHeld Contact.

I too am anxiously awaiting the web client for ideaMatrix and todoMatrix. My trial of both programs ran out several weeks ago, and I am waiting to check out the web interface before I purchase those applications.

Will a single web login bring a user of both programs to their data?

Old 11-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #62
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Default REXdesktop Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL904

I too am anxiously awaiting the web client for ideaMatrix and todoMatrix. My trial of both programs ran out several weeks ago, and I am waiting to check out the web interface before I purchase those applications.

Will a single web login bring a user of both programs to their data?
Yes, if a person has licensed both todoMatrix and ideaMatrix, a single web logon does allow you to tab between both datasets.

-- the REXguys
Old 11-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #63
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default REXdesktop Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowles
Can anyone at Rex update us on the latest status?
And also the exact features supported today?
REXdesktop Alpha-B is going quite well, but a few issues were found. We have made adjustments - the biggest change is that we accelerated the logic to sync at the data element level instead of the database record level, which simplifies the always tricky problem of collision handling. An unexpected delay was writing a bit of additional code to improve the upgrade from the current versions to the new version of code on the BlackBerry. Alpha-C is heading out the door to the Alpha test users tomorrow or Thursday.

If things go as expected, we believe that the Early-Beta will be available next week.

As far as features, our goal was to support 95% of the features found on the BlackBerry applications. We believe we will come very close to this goal. The most noteable missing feature will be the "email todo's" or "email notes" capability, as we will not have access to the BlackBerry contacts address book on the web client.

Another update will be posted next week.

Thanks for your patience,

-- the REXguys
Old 11-29-2006, 07:39 AM   #64
AL904

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys
Yes, if a person has licensed both todoMatrix and ideaMatrix, a single web logon does allow you to tab between both datasets.

-- the REXguys

It is sounding better every day!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #65
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Yep! That's the one. Read up on it at Sage's website and it does sound impressive, but I'm now giving both IdeaMatrix and ToDoMatrix a go for my money!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #66
AL904

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
Yep! That's the one. Read up on it at Sage's website and it does sound impressive, but I'm now giving both IdeaMatrix and ToDoMatrix a go for my money!
I use HandHeld Contact (HHC,) and yes, it works very well. However, I wouldn't consider HHC a substitue for applications like ideaMatrix and todoMatrix. For me, they do very different things.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #67
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
I use HandHeld Contact (HHC,) and yes, it works very well. However, I wouldn't consider HHC a substitue for applications like ideaMatrix and todoMatrix. For me, they do very different things.

Do you see that (HHC) as a product that would work for someone who is self employed (me)? I can't tell if it is too much product or not. Does a company cover the costs for you and use it for a group or do you use it yourself?

I wish they just had "ACT for Blackberry" like they have "Act for Palm". It would make my use of the BB and ACT perfect.

Thanks for the info!

John
Old 11-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #68
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

After 3 months of promises, I hope that it comes out next week. However, i will not be holding my breath.

If you are looking at getting this program, its worth every penny, and even more when the web part comes out.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #69
AL904

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
Do you see that (HHC) as a product that would work for someone who is self employed (me)? I can't tell if it is too much product or not. Does a company cover the costs for you and use it for a group or do you use it yourself?

I wish they just had "ACT for Blackberry" like they have "Act for Palm". It would make my use of the BB and ACT perfect.

Thanks for the info!

John
I am self-emplyed, and HHC works very well for me. No, I pay for it myself.

I am not currently using todoMatrix or ideaMatrix. I am waiting for the web client to become available. I plan to use the two REXWireless applications and HHC at the same time (to sychronize different databases.)

Old 12-19-2006, 08:49 PM   #70
tbdiscovery

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

I've been trying this product and have a silly question. Is there a way to make a list within the list, such as a grocery list that runs down a column? I do not want to have an individual to-do for each item.

When I have tried doing this in todo and idea, the end result is that the break (hitting return) does not hold in the final product.

Example:

I want this:

apples
oranges
milk
more time

And I get this:

apples oranges milk more time

Make sense?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #71
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdiscovery
I've been trying this product and have a silly question. Is there a way to make a list within the list...?
I believe that this is just a matter of creating another sub folder.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #72
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Hope I'm not hijacking, but I'd really like to comment on the outstanding customer service I received from these folks provide. I had to switch blackberries and reinstall/register their app. I emailed them after hours, got a response within minutes that resolved the problem.

For me, ToDoMatrix is a strong business tool, that appears to be backed up by equally strong support.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 AM   #73
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default List in one note / multiple mini-note work best for shopping task lists

Quote:
I've been trying this product and have a silly question. Is there a way to make a list within the list, such as a grocery list that runs down a column? I do not want to have an individual to-do for each item.

When I have tried doing this in todo and idea, the end result is that the break (hitting return) does not hold in the final product.

Example:

I want this:

apples
oranges
milk
more time

And I get this:

apples oranges milk more time

Make sense?
We made a decision to try to show as much on a note in the "summary view" which is the view where the cr/lf's (carriage-return/line-feeds (enter)) disappear. It seemed like the better of the two choices, because if someone has a habit of putting in a one word title, the cr/lf, cr/lf, followed by a note, only the one word title would appear in the two line high summary view if we didn't strip the cr/lf's.

As far as shopping lists, it makes more sense to create a folder for the store you are going to (for ex. Costco), then individual notes (using the C (create)hot key) for your items. It really is quick. That way, you can drag drop it into rough store order (all the veggies together for example) and knock off each item as you drop it in your shopping basket. And, if you don't find an item, it will still be left in the folder after everything else is done. You can even do a [M]ove on it to move it to the Albertsons folder for your next stop.

We support unlimited todo's - we have a number of users with thousands of items - there really are no capacity issues to worry about.

Another alternative is to hit enter on the one long item and you will see the detail view that does in fact preserve the cr/lf's in the note.

Thanks,

-- The REXguys
Old 12-20-2006, 06:02 AM   #74
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default REXdesktop Status - web-based access to todoMatrix and ideaMatrix

REXdesktop Beta-A has gone very well. We now have approximately 125 people using REXdesktop and the todoMatrix / ideaMatrix 2007 Beta-A code on the BlackBerry side.

Just in case you are reading about REXdesktop for the first time, REXdesktop provides web browser access to a person's todoMatrix task / to-do data and ideaMatrix notes / memo data with wireless bi-directional synchronization of changes.

We are posting Beta-B soon, which will fix the few issues discovered during the Beta-A phase, none of which turned out to be big. We see no reasons that any user who wants REXdesktop access shouldn't upgrade to Beta-B during Christmas week.

Happy Holidays!

-- the REXguys
Old 12-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #75
jddphd

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

I've been using this for about 4 days now. Functionally it seems to be working well for my purposes, though I'm not using the delegate function so I can't speak to that.

Not had any issues with entering tasks in one place and having them appear in the other. The web*desktop interface feels just a little crowded I thought, though I can't really point to anything in particular at this point without using it a little bit more.

The web-initiated sync is something I probably won't use all that often as my registration email address is one I connect to using OWA, which means there's a polling delay between when the sync arrives on the Exchange server and when it ultimately gets to my Blackberry.

Pretty happy with it thus far actually.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #76
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys
REXdesktop Beta-A has gone very well. We now have approximately 125 people using REXdesktop and the todoMatrix / ideaMatrix 2007 Beta-A code on the BlackBerry side.

Just in case you are reading about REXdesktop for the first time, REXdesktop provides web browser access to a person's todoMatrix task / to-do data and ideaMatrix notes / memo data with wireless bi-directional synchronization of changes.

We are posting Beta-B soon, which will fix the few issues discovered during the Beta-A phase, none of which turned out to be big. We see no reasons that any user who wants REXdesktop access shouldn't upgrade to Beta-B during Christmas week.

Happy Holidays!

-- the REXguys

Great jobs Rexwireless. Happy Holidays to you also.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #77
techphreak
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon

Great news on the beta going out. I know it has been a long time coming, but I believe that will really make an unbeatable combination for task management on any device!

Congrats, and looking forward to trying the web desktop.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #78
tbdiscovery

Carrier: Sprint

Thank you for the list ideas. I love the products so far. I keep trying to sign up for impact beta but the email keeps bouncing.

Will the desktop service be free or what will the pay structure be after purchasing the initial software?
Old 12-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #79
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default REXdesktop fees (current - subject to change)

Quote:
Thank you for the list ideas. I love the products so far. I keep trying to sign up for impact beta but the email keeps bouncing.

Will the desktop service be free or what will the pay structure be after purchasing the initial software?
REXdesktop service is currently included for one year with the purchase of either todoMatrix or ideaMatrix. For anyone that purchased in 2006, all of 2007 will be included.

Subsequent years are currently priced at $18 (U.S.) per year ($1.50 per month), prepaid annually. The one REXdesktop fee includes access to both todoMatrix and ideaMatrix data if a person has licensed both applications. As long as a person renews without lapsing, they will be grandfathered in at their original price and the fee will not go up - we really hate price creep and we won't do that to our customers.

If someone does lapse, then they will be able to rejoin at the published rates at the time they rejoin.

Of course, todoMatrix and ideaMatrix will continue to work without requiring REXdesktop and we will continue to offer complimentary Always*Safe web backup for anyone that does not choose the REXdesktop web access option.

Please note that our prices and length of included time will change sometime in 2007 but anyone grandfathered-in at a specific price (determined by the day they licensed the software) will not be affected.

Thanks,

-- the REXguys

Last edited by rexguys; 12-22-2006 at 06:31 PM..
Old 12-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #80
jddphd

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

sounds pretty fair to me. thanks.