BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #21
LO19

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I have the case also and I love it.
It doesn't show any of the problems you mention, fit is perfect and it doesn't move around in there as you mention. I would have it exchanged if I were you cause this is a very nice product. Got it bundled with the belt clip and I'm very satisfied.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #22
sman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

same here. I've been using the case for a few weeks now and haven't experienced any of the problems mentioned above. Case fits perfectly, no dust build up, and no issues placing the bb in or out of my pocket.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #23
TUIR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerz
Could you be more specific with "(close to) perfect"? Is that your experience with a purchased product?
Apologies, that is just me being hyper-sensitive and cautious with my word choices. All three skins/cases hold (fit) the phone perfectly. That is, the phone does not move at all within any of the bunch.

WRT the fit being "poorest" on the rubberized, that is intended to describe the case fitting with itsself, as a two piece unit. Naturally, the skin isn't an issue, as it's one piece.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #24
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

Thanks for the clarification. It seems that this case is pretty good overall.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories

Last edited by BoxWave; 03-14-2007 at 04:53 PM..
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #25
archangelugp

very cool.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:23 AM   #26
PaulQ
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Angry Good product, outrageous price!

I just snapped mine in tonight and it fits pretty snug. My biggest complaint though is that one side piece isn't locking in place. You can press on it and it sort of "squishes" in and out. I think this is just par for the course with this kind of plastic cut into such tiny flaps and grooves.

Overall, it's a really nice case. It looks great and adds almost nothing to the bulk of the phone. I am not experiencing any of the other issues mentioned in this thread.

All that being said, the $29.99 price is OUTRAGEOUS for this product. I was able to buy mine from a fellow board member who decided he didn't want to use it. It's in perfectly new condition, in the bag, etc. I paid $20 total.

It's two pieces of plastic with a slightly softish coating - very similar to a ThinkPad. Don't hold the pieces in your hands too long or you will realize you got ripped off. Get it on your phone quick!

$30 plus shipping??? It's highway robbery.

On top of that, you have to buy some sort of screen protection or what's the point? I use Best Skins Ever. Another $10.

I had read some complaints about Seidio's pricing but now I understand. They did offer that 15% discount recently but that still leaves the price relatively high ($25.49 plus shipping) and the discount was sort made out to be a gracious offer on their part.

Seidio takes a great approach to Blackberry cases but it seems like they are taking advantage of us since there aren't a lot of case options. This is more of a $20 product at most.

Price aside, I recommend the case. It's not perfect but it's good enough and looks GREAT!

(Maybe Seidio has some explanation why the price is so high?)
Old 11-23-2006, 01:56 AM   #27
YMark

Model: 8900

I agree. I like the case but it is a ripoff. It should be about $12 tops.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #28
scanido

Carrier: FIDO

Same here. Price is outrageously expensive! I'm from Canada and that would make this case $60 CAD including the shipping, taxes etc!!!

*For two pieces of plastic!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #29
tsinc80697

I got my case about 2 weeks ago.
It fitted very easily and is easy to get on and off incase i have to get to the battery.
However it cost me around $50 to get shipped to the UK as from reviews it seemed the only case to get for the 8100.
I love the case as it protects my phone, but on the right hand side above the camera button the case can be squeezed in and out, really annoying!!!
Aswell as this the bottom fits perfect but the top is not so good.
I would definitely not spend $50 on this case if i knew it was going to be like this, its just really small this that annoy me with it and the fact i know it cost me so much i was expecting it to fit perfectly and not be moveable in any way, so i will be attempting to get my money back somehow through an online auction site i suppose!

edit: Anyone in UK want one then get in contact with me i suppose!
Old 11-26-2006, 10:11 PM   #30
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

That's weird the 8100 moves around in the case. Mine fits very snug. No problems with it so far and its been almost...3 weeks? I also got the holster from Seidio and it makes a perfect combo.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #31
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

FWIW my Seidio rubberized case fits very well. But here is why.

I have the complete Best Skins Ever on my Pearl, meaning the latex/rubber skin is on the front, back, top and bottom.

When I took the case off to do a battery reset, I noticed that the case had made some small indentations on the BSE skin in various places. In particular, there are two small indentions on the skin, just above where the earpiece opening is on the top front part of the phone.

This tells me that the rubberized case is making close contact with the phone/skin.

So I think the rubberized case fits nicer [meaning tight] when one has a BSE skin on the Pearl. Also, I think the BSE skin prevents the Pearl from moving and sliding around the rubberized case.

Mine fits so tight that if I try to move the phone when it is sitting in only the bottom part of the case [before I snap it together] there is absolutely zero movement. It's that tight a fit.

I have to think it is the skin that makes the rubberized case feel rock solid.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 12-01-2006 at 04:29 PM..
Old 12-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #32
PaulQ

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
FWIW my Seidio rubberized case fits very well. But here is why.

I have the complete Best Skins Ever on my Pearl, meaning the latex/rubber skin is on the front, back, top and bottom.

So I think the rubberized case fits nicer [meaning tight] when one has a BSE skin on the Pearl. Also, I think the BSE skin prevents the Pearl from moving and sliding around the rubberized case.

I have the same set up too and I agree 100%. Unfortunately, that brings the total casing cost to $50+ (case+skin). That's $50 to encase for my $200 phone in thin plastic and protect the screen. I wish this case was cheaper, then I could say it's awesome.

<><><><><><><><><><><><> Life after Pearl is Curved... then there's a STORM!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #33
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ
I have the same set up too and I agree 100%. Unfortunately, that brings the total casing cost to $50+ (case+skin). That's $50 to encase for my $200 phone in thin plastic and protect the screen. I wish this case was cheaper, then I could say it's awesome.
Shieldzone skins are $25? I got the BSE for $6 each. But that's still about $41 for the set up and that is 20% of what I paid for the phone.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #34
saitoh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Shieldzone skins are $25? I got the BSE for $6 each. But that's still about $41 for the set up and that is 20% of what I paid for the phone.
If you never have to worry about scratches and small nicks... I think it's totally worth it.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking that the BSEs would do the trick!
Closed Thread