BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:16 AM   #1
pengrus
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default Do NOT buy eSpell from dynoplex!! Get LexSpell!

Please Login to Remove!

Why?

1. They install a load of crap into your blackberry, such as eOffice, eFile, and some HOSTING product.

2. There is no support. I emailed them three times in one week, with no response. However, they keep sending me emails asking me to buy their eOffice. I replied to that email asking the question, there is no reply on how to remove the eOffice. It adds many menu all over your blackberry application.

3. Is eSpell good?
No, it is not. The menu interface is the smallest I've ever seen. I am only 30, and my eyes get tired by just looking at their "change" "ignore" menu.

Is it fast being a device based spellchecker?
No, it is slow. It shows you the nice % bar on the dictionary search status. The default English dictionary is slow that it is not usable. I switched to English light, it is still slow. It even has the word "spellingg" in their dictionary as a correct word. Can you believe it?

After a painful several days of trying, I have to give up and take the loss, removed it from my BB.

WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE?

LexSpell spell checker for BlackBerry

Is LexSpell fast?
Yes, very fast. It is instant for me on BB 8700c. The eSpell just cannot compare at all.

Is LexSpell interface nice?
Yes, the interface is very easy to read.

What about LexSpell's options?
They have a Configuration menu that let you configure the spelling. None of this is in the eSpell.

So as you see, I am sold on LexSpell. Try it out, it is FREE, and registering with $10 will get you remove the reminding message... That's all.

You do need to reboot after installing LexSpell in order for the LexSpell menu to show up within email compose window.

Good luck and I hope this is helpful for a lot of BB users.

Last edited by pengrus; 01-10-2007 at 04:20 AM..
Old 01-10-2007, 04:32 AM   #2
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell
Wink Spelling

You have only been using it for an hour, according to your other post . . .and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?????

Maybe it is excellent, but give it some time before you gush all over the place, remeber what you said about that email program that deleted your templates when you upgraded your firmware.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:37 AM   #3
pengrus

Don't be sarcastic.

I don't need 300 hours to test the points that I just listed - if you can read them.

I still love QuickResponse. And given the communication with them in the past week, I am sure they will fix it.

Now, what else you like to criticize my posts?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:20 AM   #4
roofus

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

Let me count the ways
Old 01-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
rjw3000

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Anytime I try and do a spell check with it, I get a java error message and then a dictionary not found message after that.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #6
seiler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: at&t

i had same problem and i installed it again ....it has a couple of steps including installing dictionary...good luck
Old 01-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
pengrus

The LexSpell works perfect on my BB. The support response time from them is very fast. They told me that they will release the final version by end of this month. Right now it is still beta...
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

i use the free one from nextel/sprint
Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #9
albiesf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Just started using LexSpell the past two days and it seems to work fine. But as with any app, I'll give about 2 weeks of regular usage to see how worthy it is.

"There's a time for compromise...it's called later".
Old 01-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #10
rjw3000

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiler
i had same problem and i installed it again ....it has a couple of steps including installing dictionary...good luck
DOH!!! helps if i would follow instructions, I missed downloading the word list
Old 01-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #11
alevine

Model: 8700r

I agree that Dynoplex loads all kinds of unwanted programs on my Blackberry when all I wanted wa a good spell checker for my emails. The support is terrible. I gave up on emailing them and called them direct. I have spoke to 3 tech guys so far and one knew less than the next one . Two guys admitted that they have been with the company only a few weeks and were not very familiar with the software nd trouble shooting. So why bother manning the telephones at all. I also get a stupid error message "uncaught exception: java lang error" when efile and espell are installed. The only way to get rid of it is to remove the software. No one at the company could fix that problem and espell does not appear in my generic email area as they claim .... useless product ... useless support .. total waste of my money and time .... I agree with you 150%
Old 01-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
pengrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alevine
I agree that Dynoplex loads all kinds of unwanted programs on my Blackberry when all I wanted wa a good spell checker for my emails. The support is terrible. I gave up on emailing them and called them direct. I have spoke to 3 tech guys so far and one knew less than the next one . Two guys admitted that they have been with the company only a few weeks and were not very familiar with the software nd trouble shooting. So why bother manning the telephones at all. I also get a stupid error message "uncaught exception: java lang error" when efile and espell are installed. The only way to get rid of it is to remove the software. No one at the company could fix that problem and espell does not appear in my generic email area as they claim .... useless product ... useless support .. total waste of my money and time .... I agree with you 150%
So I am not alone. To be in BB business, they got to provide real support. I STILL have not received any email back from them.

So you are warned about this company, Dynoplex, eoffice, espell, efile, all come with 0support.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #13
uto_kkw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: HKCSL

I could successfully OTA download and installed Lexspell on my 7290 but when I tried to download the words database ---> it failed. Any idea? Thanks!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #14
pengrus

I remember that when I downloaded the dictionary, it was a little slow. You might want to give it another try...
Old 01-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
jxdel

Model: 7100g
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by uto_kkw
I could successfully OTA download and installed Lexspell on my 7290 but when I tried to download the words database ---> it failed. Any idea? Thanks!
Make sure that you use the correct browser to download the word list. I first used the Cingular Browser that came with my browser twice and it failed. I then used the Internet Browser and that worked for me.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #16
uto_kkw

Model: 8820
Carrier: HKCSL

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1)

It did bring me to the download screen and allowed me to click "download" but error 40X prompted then. As my carrier does not provision users the internet browser so I could only try with BlackBerry browser and ISP WAP browser. Sigh...

Finally, I tried with BlackBerry Browser and DONE! Speed was really slow, it is working anyway... Thanks!

Last edited by uto_kkw; 01-12-2007 at 12:45 AM..
Old 01-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #17
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMobile
Default Over the air downloads

Downloading over the air can indeed be problematic, especially large files like dictionaries, spell checkers, ebooks etc.

Here is why:

* Larger files are more likely to get corrupt / interrupted while downloading

* Larger files may often catch the BlackBerry OS off-guard as it wasn't originally designed to handle so big files; with every next OS release, though, this is getting better and better and should hopefully be resolved soon

* Some carriers may prohibit files above certain size; it's been a while since I last saw that, but I've seen it

* Browsers may have issues downloading large files too. Here at BEIKS we test OTA downloads with the built-in BlackBerry browser. We simply do not have the resources for more testing

Here are a few suggestions for what you should do when download does not work:

* Reset the device (battery out / battery in) and try again

* Use another browser

* Try and see if other downloads work fine; that would show if a generic donwload/installation limitation is not in place (by carrier or BES manager)

* Look for desktop installations

BEIKS has desktop distributives (Desktop Manager or substitutes, like the Missing Sync for BlackBerry for Mac users) for all its applications.

Point your desktop browser to http://www.beiks.com and find your application's home page there...get the desktop download and try with it.

(note: as of the time of writing this, LexSpell does NOT have desktop distributives as it is still in public beta. We'll be adding them as soon as the first official release is ready)

Hope this helps!

Bobby
www.beiks.com
Old 01-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #18
sergeyd

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Pengrus, can you PM me? I cannot believe that we did not respond to your three e-mails. Let me check what the issue is.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 01-18-2007, 11:38 PM   #19
pengrus

Sergey,

Thanks for reply. I suggest you read all the complaints about your support and issues reported within this thread, and try to help your customers by posting a reply here. We've spent too much time on your software...
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #20
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Personally if you can use server based spelling like most of them, bbSpell is the best. See my tips site for a discount. Love the interface and ease of use.
Closed Thread