Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
hayabusa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular
Angry Help Please DST2007Query Errors 0x8A http 400

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys sorry if this had already been posted but I seem to be getting around 300 errors on the OTA DST2007 patch. My failure rate is about 98% of my handhelds. I'm on 4.0 with about 525 users. My DST erros when I run the query tool are as follows........
2.0.0.90 1.5 Error 0x8A 0x81 400 about 325 of these

2.0.0.90 1.5 Error 0x81 0x81 400 about 125 of these

2.0.0.90 1.5 Error 0x88 0x81 200 about 50 of these

2.0.0.90 1.5 Error 0x87 0x88 400 about 35 of these

Does anyone know what these errors mean? I've been on hold with RIM for 3 hours now so I was hopeing maybe someone else was had these issues. My IT Policy is set to allow 3rd policy and my application control policy is set to allow external connections. One other thing I was not to clear on was if there was a SQL change that needed to be made to my Database. Any help on this would be awesome.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
mahoward
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default DSTQuery Error Codes Deciphered (Sort of)

Please see the error chart below from the following link:

http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/pa...07_Changes.pdf

Important events

0x01
EVENT_CONTACTING_WEBSITE
0x02
EVENT_READING_PATCH_DETAILS
0x03
EVENT_DOWNLOADING_PATCH
0x04
EVENT_DOWNLOAD_UPDATE
0x05
EVENT_RESUMING_PATCH
0x06
EVENT_DOWNLOAD_COMPLETE
0x07
EVENT_INSTALLING_PATCH
0x08
EVENT_ABORT
0x09
EVENT_PATCH_ALREADY_PRESENT
0x10
EVENT_USING_MDS
0x11
EVENT_USING_PUBLIC_MDS
0x12
EVENT_USING_TCP_IP
0x13
EVENT_USING_WAP
0x14
EVENT_SLEEPING
0x15
EVENT_PATCH_INSTALLED_NO_RESET_REQUIRED
0x16
EVENT_NOT_YET_PATCHED_STARTING
0x17
EVENT_NOT_YET_PATCHED_NOT_RUNNING_USER_MODE
0x18
EVENT_PATCH_INSTALLED_USER_NOT_RESETTING
0x0A
EVENT_PATCHER_EXITING
0x0B
EVENT_PATCH_INSTALLED
0x0C
EVENT_PATCH_STARTING
0x0D
EVENT_NO_COVERAGE

Warnings

0x41
EVENT_WARNING_DOWNLOAD_FAILED
0x42
EVENT_WARNING_SLEEPING_WAITING_FOR_FLASH_FREE
0x43
EVENT_WARNING_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE
0x44
EVENT_WARNING_NOT_ENOUGH_SPACE_DOING_FLASH_RECOVER Y
0x45
EVENT_WARNING_FILESIZE_MISMATCH

Errors

0x81
EVENT_ERROR_CONTACTING_WEBSITE
0x82
EVENT_ERROR_READING_PATCH_DETAILS
0x83
EVENT_ERROR_DOWNLOADING_PATCH
0x84
EVENT_ERROR_INSTALLING_PATCH
0x85
EVENT_ERROR_RESETTING_PATCHER
0x86
EVENT_ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_FREE_MEMORY
0x87
EVENT_ERROR_NO_TRANSPORT_AVAILABLE
0x88
EVENT_ERROR_CONTACTING_WEBSITE_TRANSPORT
0x89
EVENT_ERROR_PATCH_DATA_NOT_COMPLETE
0x90
EVENT_ERROR_CATESTROPHIC_ERROR_NO_LINK
0x91
EVENT_ERROR_SIM_CARD_EXCEPTION
0x92
EVENT_ERROR_BAD_NPC_CALCULATION
0x8A
EVENT_ERROR_MAX_RETRIES_EXCEEDED
0x8B
EVENT_ERROR_SYNC_DB_INIT_FAILED
0x8C
EVENT_ERROR_RESCHEDULE_FAILED
0x8D
EVENT_ERROR_INSTALLING_PATCH_TX_ERROR
0x8E
EVENT_ERROR_404_URL_NOT_FOUND
0x8F
EVENT_ERROR_DOWNLOADING_PATCH_404
0xFF
EVENT_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ERROR
Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
hayabusa

Unhappy

I have been on the phone with RIM and they are having me try to configure a proxy for my MDS browser. Has anyone had to do this before I have not had to place any proxy in my MDS before if my users wanted to hit our intranet they use mds if they want internet they use the internet browser on there device. When using the MDS browser on the handheld I get bad requet 400 when trying to go to www.blackberry.com/200dst but this works on the internet browser and on the Cingular browser. Any suggestions?
Old 02-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7100
Carrier: Rogers

You can change the default browser under options --> browser to internet browser but you'll have to do this for each Handheld.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #5
hayabusa

Unhappy

Can anyone give me an example of how to configure the proxy on the MDS or if there is a way to configure the default browser on the handheld to the internet browser and not the MDS browser
Old 02-22-2007, 02:02 AM   #6
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa
Can anyone give me an example of how to configure the proxy on the MDS or if there is a way to configure the default browser on the handheld to the internet browser and not the MDS browser
KB12286 - Proxy server is restricting access to DST 2007 upgrades

Last edited by noname; 02-22-2007 at 07:26 AM..
Old 02-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
hayabusa

Angry

I was on the phone with RIM all day yestarday and they have now escalted my ticket. I guess my issue is that even when I setup the proxy server for the MDS browser I am not able to get to any external sites using my MDS browser on the Blackberry. I can surf all the internal site I want company wide but as soon as I go to external I get the http 400 bad request error. I have had my proxy group white list the whole url BlackBerry and I am able to get to this website on the server in IE without any authentication what so ever so my BB device should be following the same rules since the proxy is the same in the MDS properties window. Does any have any experiance with this. This is killing my patching process since the patch tool hits the mds browser to get out and download the patch.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
BirdmanSTX
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: admin
Carrier: Multiple

Any news from RIM on this yet? I'm having the same issue here....
Old 02-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
hayabusa

I have no news from RIM on this. They have not called me back and there wait times are 4 hours and greater. They have told me that the patch tool is suppose to role over to the Cingular or Verizon or what ever Carrier browser you have to get the patch if it fails to get the patch using your MDS browser but they are finding out that this is not working and that is way they are seeing such a high call volume about this issue. I have now since created screen shots and have sent out documents to all my users so they may manually update there device themselfs. If had wrote the patch tool I would have had it first try the carrier browser because I know that browser can get to RIM's website and then I would have had it try MDS browser if the carrier browser failed. To me that makes the most sense. Are you getting the same proxy error that I am getting do you have MDS configured to use your proxy or pac file????
Old 02-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
BirdmanSTX
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: admin
Carrier: Multiple

I think I have mine resolved. I was getting the same error... either 0x8A or 0x81. I talked to our proxy guys again today, and they realized there wasn't a way for them to disable authentication for one website with whatever proxy they were using. They pointed me to another little-known proxy in the company that doesn't authenticate, and once I update the BES settings to use this other proxy, I noticed 9 of my devices reported Patched within an hour or so.
I can almost guarantee the Patch Manager is not rolling over to the other browsers. I started pushing this over a week ago, and not a single device reported patched. Now that I changed my proxy settings, i have seen improvement in a just an hour or two.
If you haven't already, make sure your proxy is not requiring credentials. Log into a server or PC on your network, but login as the local admin or a local account, not a domain account, and see if you can get to the blackberry website. In my case, when I tried this, the proxy denied my request, and did not prompt me for credentials. Not sure what type of proxies we run here.
Good luck!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
favetita

Model: 957
Default error 0x87

Does anyone have a clue on this error? I've got approx 60 users with different models of blackberry devices. I'm still in testing phase and have been able to successfully push the patch to one device but I'm still failing on two. The error I'm receiving is 0x87 (EVENT_ERROR_NO_TRANSPORT_AVAILABLE). Any information would be appreciation.
Closed Thread