Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
goosebuster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Carrier: nextel
Default nextel pricing

Please Login to Remove!

is it just me or does anyone else feel like nextel has higher bills than any service provider out there? i just got my BB and this is my first bill since i it didnt go over on anything and my bill is $138.00. i have the unlimited BB package so i havent ran the bill up, thats what it is regularly. all i can say is nextel is too expensive, im not leaving them but i wish they would get right with their pricing....... am i wrong? any tricks to get nextel cheaper.lol?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
bremere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8230
PIN: ky and the Brain
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

you may have been hit with a prorate of service, with cellular you pay a month ahead of time for your service, so if you added a bb plan in the middle of the month, your bill will have a partial month of the bb package, and a full month to "catch up" with the rest of your billing....as for making it cheaper, see if they offer you an employer discount based on who you work for...it may be a couple %, but everything helps

-emb
Old 02-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Walt
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

My first bill with Nextel was pretty high for the reasons bremere said. I don't see where their rate plans are any more expensive than other companies. The BB data plan may vary. I got a deal when I signed up and got it for $39.99 per month. It's normally $49.99. I have the 300 anytime minute plan with free incoming for $39.99. I also paid $79.95 for my 7100i with $80 in rebates. Final price $0
Old 02-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

Your bill probably included:

1. Pro-rated first month of voice services
2. Pro-rated first month of BB data services
3. First full month of voice services
4. First full month of BB data services
5. Taxes for all those charges
6. Activation fee?
7. Equipment fee?

The summary page will detail the charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosebuster
is it just me or does anyone else feel like nextel has higher bills than any service provider out there? i just got my BB and this is my first bill since i it didnt go over on anything and my bill is $138.00. i have the unlimited BB package so i havent ran the bill up, thats what it is regularly. all i can say is nextel is too expensive, im not leaving them but i wish they would get right with their pricing....... am i wrong? any tricks to get nextel cheaper.lol?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
P. Rene

NO! its just nextel period. I have a few friends with TMO BB and their paying 20 bucks for unlimited, and tmobile even offered it to me also. Im waiting for the 8800 to hit tmo then its bye to nextel data.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
goosebuster

i was paying alot before i got my blackberry, the extra is just the BB plan. they gave me the cheaper rate of 39.99 a month and also they are going to give me 20% a month off of my bill for the next 2 years for some reason, i guess cause i have been with them so long. i have 800 minutes, free incoming, free nights and weekends, and now my BB plan..... all that with nextel equals a raping every month!! i dont have an employer to get me discounts, i guess i would be considered the employer.
i have a verizon phone also just for personal use and it is soooo much cheaper every month!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

Odd. I just checked VZ's voice plan pricing and found the Sprint pricing to be the same. In fact the VZ BB pricing is more.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
goosebuster

odd. i just checked regular plans on verizon and nextel, and before and even after adding BB plan nextel is the most expensive. must mean nextels regular rates are higher than them.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
Walt

I have both Verizon and Nextel and the rates are just about the same. The Nextel BB data plan is $10 per month cheaper than Verizon and Nextel doesn't cripple their BB's like Verizon does.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #10
goosebuster

the only thing i like about verizon better than nextel is they have better reception in rural areas and the cost. but i cant give up my nextel, i use the radio too much with work.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #11
mspistivity

Model: 8330
Unhappy

i have an unlimited plan, $200 and $49 for the BB service. The taxes kill! FYI, I also have the insurance at $4.95 per month that sucks. I found out last wek it covers, breaks, loss, damage, etc. My phone wouldn't charge. They get a statement, sworn statement, then tell you "Tough, non-charging is normal wear and tear. " I was covered because it's less than a year old. This is my 4th 7100i. It is just a crappy made phone but I'm take it over the 7520. I sure hope Nextel comes out with something else. I wont even start on how easily it scratches
Old 02-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
goosebuster

mine scratches easy also. if it were me and they told me that i would have went outside and threw the phone against the ground as hard as i could and told them "well looks like it is broken way beyond normal wear" i had one try and pull some crao with me and tell me they cant do anything cause it was water damage so i took a sledge hammer to the phone and made the claim over it being non repairable.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #13
lord_jefe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

I've had 5 in slightly less that a year. Numbers 1 & 4 had a dead microphone. 2 lost reception periodically & wouldn't get it back unless I pulled the battery -- Nextel told me it was a bad SIM. I took it to my dealer, and they did a phone swap. No issues after that -- with the same sim. Number 3, the antenna started to break off at the corner. Dealer said it wasn't bad enough to warrant repair. I "accidentally" yanked it hard enough to pull it away from the phone, and when I went to snap it back, I "accidentally" pushed on the rear of the LCD, causing it to flicker.

Sent it back, got #4 with a dead mike, and swapped it again for number 5, which I've had for a month with no problems and almost no scratches.

Insurance is a MUST on the 7100i
Old 02-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
Walt

I've had mine since December 4, 2006. No problems so far.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
goosebuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_jefe
I've had 5 in slightly less that a year. Numbers 1 & 4 had a dead microphone. 2 lost reception periodically & wouldn't get it back unless I pulled the battery -- Nextel told me it was a bad SIM. I took it to my dealer, and they did a phone swap. No issues after that -- with the same sim. Number 3, the antenna started to break off at the corner. Dealer said it wasn't bad enough to warrant repair. I "accidentally" yanked it hard enough to pull it away from the phone, and when I went to snap it back, I "accidentally" pushed on the rear of the LCD, causing it to flicker.

Sent it back, got #4 with a dead mike, and swapped it again for number 5, which I've had for a month with no problems and almost no scratches.

Insurance is a MUST on the 7100i

haha, sound slike my accident with the sledge hammer. im not paying for insurance to be told "its not bad enough to be replaced". by god i can make it bad enough to be replaced!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosebuster
haha, sound slike my accident with the sledge hammer. im not paying for insurance to be told "its not bad enough to be replaced". by god i can make it bad enough to be replaced!
That reminds me of ten years ago I was having a problem with my cell phone and I called the Customer Service from my car, and asked about getting a replacement phone:

CS: "No, since your phone is not lost, you need to send your phone in and we will repair and send it out, or replace it if it is not repairable."

ME: "Oh, and that will take how long?"

CS: "Usually less than three weeks."

ME: "Ok, well, can I ask you this, if I toss this phone out the window of my car right now driving at 80 mph, and it is LOST and broken, will the insurance replace the phone?"

CS: "Yes, you just go to the local dealer and fill out the paperwork and they will give you the new unit right then."

PHONE: "whizzzzzzzz...blam"

I had the new phone in less than an hour.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #17
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt
I've had mine since December 4, 2006. No problems so far.
I've had mine since 4 days after Nextel started selling them. It's got a few chips in it (parking lots are not gentle when it's dropped), and I get the occassional 'Patriot Link Fail' due to Auto On/Off, but otherwise, it works great. Guess I'm just lucky.