BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #21
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

I have 4.1.0.377 on my 8700g. Someone said that the .377 OS doesn't need to be patched. I just want to confirm this with anybody. There is no indication in options about it.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #22
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747
I have 4.1.0.377 on my 8700g. Someone said that the .377 OS doesn't need to be patched. I just want to confirm this with anybody. There is no indication in options about it.
That does appear to be correct.. from the RIM website:
"BlackBerry Device Software Versions 4.1.0.375, 4.1.0.377 and 4.1.0.378
These versions of BlackBerry Device Software contain the new DST table to support the new transition times so no action is required. See these tables for a list of current service providers, BlackBerry device models and versions that fall into this category. Click on the service provider name to go to their software download page."
BlackBerry
Old 03-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #23
ac0403
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterme
On my 8700g 4.1.0.284 I see "2007 DST patch applied." in my Options menu, but my "Mexico City (-6)" time zone does not say "New".
It appears that RIM has released a new 2007 DST patch that no longer displays the "Mexico City - New" Timezone. So I guess the only way now to verify if the patch is installed is through the "2007 DST Patch" under Options.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #24
IceCreaMan

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

if your blackberry doesnt bluescreen, then you will know
Old 03-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #25
kitmoni
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: >Options>Status
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac0403
It appears that RIM has released a new 2007 DST patch that no longer displays the "Mexico City - New" Timezone. So I guess the only way now to verify if the patch is installed is through the "2007 DST Patch" under Options.
I can confirm that I have the patch, and do not show the "New" timezone. It was interesting that my IT department initially told me they would be pushing the change from the BES. However, last night they sent me an email with a link to make the change by downloading the patch from the blackberry site. Is this possibly because of the hefty MS fee? Interesting. I could have done the patch weeks ago if I had known they were going to do that.

On the flip side, my Lotus Notes (I know, I think it sucks too) is completely hosed. IT says I have the patch, but appointments are already off by one hour starting next week. Surprisingly, this is worse than Y2K. At least that was a non-event.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #26
hailer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: at&t

Another confirm. I have the patch but no "Mexico City - New" timezone, just "Mexico City."
Old 03-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #27
ac0403

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitmoni
I can confirm that I have the patch, and do not show the "New" timezone. It was interesting that my IT department initially told me they would be pushing the change from the BES. However, last night they sent me an email with a link to make the change by downloading the patch from the blackberry site. Is this possibly because of the hefty MS fee? Interesting. I could have done the patch weeks ago if I had known they were going to do that.

On the flip side, my Lotus Notes (I know, I think it sucks too) is completely hosed. IT says I have the patch, but appointments are already off by one hour starting next week. Surprisingly, this is worse than Y2K. At least that was a non-event.
The hefty MS fee is not the reason why your IT department did not push it out through the BES. I think the reason was because they probably had issues with the BES not playing nice so instead of spending countless hours trying to get it to work, they would just have all the users do it manually.

I am unfamiliar with Lotus Notes since all I really work with is Microsoft Exchange, but there is a calendar update tool that needs to be ran for Exchange users...So I would only assume that there is a similar tool for Lotus Notes.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #28
mssconsulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747
I spoke with Blackberry tech support this morning about this matter. First of all, I was on hold for 27 minutes before I could talk to a human, and then I had to deal with a person who knew nothing about anything related to my 8700c. After she put me on hold for the fourth time to ask someone more knowledgeable, I was disconnected. Basically, I just wanted to know why, if indeed my operating system (4.1.0.377) does not require the patch, all dates in my device's calendar are one hour ahead after March 11?

Prior to this stupid DST change, one could enter an appointment scheduled for after DST was to commence, and it would not show up on the device as one hour ahead, right?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #29
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Have you updated Windows and your PC's calendar program? If you run Outlook you'll need to run the Outlook timezone tool (I would expect similar tools for other calendar apps.) If all that is done, then I don't have any other answers.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #30
mssconsulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
Have you updated Windows and your PC's calendar program? If you run Outlook you'll need to run the Outlook timezone tool (I would expect similar tools for other calendar apps.) If all that is done, then I don't have any other answers.
Windows XP is updated via Automatic Updates, and when I ran the Outlook timezone tool, I got a message that it had already been installed (I assume by automatic update).

Am I the only 8700 owner that is experiencing all Calendar events after March 11 shown one hour ahead of the time I entered them in Outlook?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #31
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I was under the impression that that version didn't require the patch. Have you tried patching it anyway?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #32
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just checked my 2007 DST Patch under Options, and after 2 days of having the message of patch is running, it finally says patch is installed. Two timezones I have are "Mexico City - New" and "Chihuahua - New". The patch applied was 2.3.

My company seemed to have had issues pushing this out through BES as well and sent out an email to update by clicking on the link.

Last edited by rjw3000; 03-08-2007 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #33
mssconsulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
I was under the impression that that version didn't require the patch. Have you tried patching it anyway?
The Blackberry web site says that for my version (4.0.1.377) there are two options - Option one is to manually move the clock forward on March 11, and then manually move it back on April 1. Option 2 is to install the patch as per "Impact to Blackberry Devices".

That link takes you to a page with lists of versions to select; when I select my version, it goes to another page that states that this version supports the transition to DST, so no action is required.

Then why are all my appointments after March 11 shown as one hour ahead on my device? This is the question I was trying to get answered on the phone today with Blackberry technical support. I guess they couldn't answer it, so they disconnected me.

Hey, and I was nice as could be on the phone with the technical person....
Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #34
southernbills

Model: 8830

I also have .377 on my 8700 and have found out that I do not need the patch. I used a very simple test to figure it out. (I must confess that I actually read and followed the instructions from RIMS website )
Go into options and select date/time. Manually adjust the time to 1:59AM and the date to March 11, 2007. Turn off the option to retrieve the time from the network or the blackberry. Then save that setting and wait one minute. If you have the updated software, when it becomes 2:00AM, it automagically becomes 3:00AM! After the test, go back into date/time and have the date/time synchronized from the network to restore the correct date/time.
BTW-the one hour ahead problem is from the DST patch to Outlook on your desktop.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #35
meagvg

Model: 7250
Carrier: nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssconsulting
The Blackberry web site says that for my version (4.0.1.377) there are two options - Option one is to manually move the clock forward on March 11, and then manually move it back on April 1. Option 2 is to install the patch as per "Impact to Blackberry Devices".

That link takes you to a page with lists of versions to select; when I select my version, it goes to another page that states that this version supports the transition to DST, so no action is required.

Then why are all my appointments after March 11 shown as one hour ahead on my device? This is the question I was trying to get answered on the phone today with Blackberry technical support. I guess they couldn't answer it, so they disconnected me.

Hey, and I was nice as could be on the phone with the technical person....
I am having the exact same problem. I have patched my 8703, and updated Windows. Any changes in Outlook and/or Entourage sync fine with the Blackberry but any change or new appointment made on the BB is shown as an hour later on the desktop.
No help from RIM or my BES provider. Anyone have a solution??
Old 03-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #36
mssconsulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbills
I also have .377 on my 8700 and have found out that I do not need the patch. I used a very simple test to figure it out. (I must confess that I actually read and followed the instructions from RIMS website )
Go into options and select date/time. Manually adjust the time to 1:59AM and the date to March 11, 2007. Turn off the option to retrieve the time from the network or the blackberry. Then save that setting and wait one minute. If you have the updated software, when it becomes 2:00AM, it automagically becomes 3:00AM! After the test, go back into date/time and have the date/time synchronized from the network to restore the correct date/time.
BTW-the one hour ahead problem is from the DST patch to Outlook on your desktop.
So, then - are you also experiencing all your appointments after March 11 being one hour later than they actually are?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #37
jviola_simi

Model: 8900
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitmoni

OK, so I'll take great offense to the Notes sucks issue. Most times the reason it "sucks" is the people who are in charge of mainting it haven't taken the time to learn the features and the users haven't taken the time to learn it.....I'll agree if you just want to send e-mail don't bother with it.....besides now that Microsoft has Ray Ozzie(the original Notes designer) maybe exchange will catch up with the other 90%....at least Lotus isn't charging for it's DST patch...you don't even have to be under maintenance.....sounds like your Admins were to lazy to do it...sorry rant over...

Jeff
Sr. Lotus Administrator
Old 03-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #38
southernbills

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssconsulting
So, then - are you also experiencing all your appointments after March 11 being one hour later than they actually are?
Only the appointments that were already on my desktop before the Outlook DST patch was applied.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #39
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
I believe the Mexico City -New is PART of the DST patch...
BUT... Mexico City- New and Chihuahua - New do not appear on older (prior to 4.1.0.346) HH OS versions after the patch has been applied.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #40
mssconsulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbills
I also have .377 on my 8700 and have found out that I do not need the patch.
You're confusing me, dude. You said in the posted quote above that you didn't need the patch, and now you're talking about teh dates being correct after you applied the patch. Did you do it, or not?
Closed Thread