Old 02-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #81
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgerson
On Verizon, you wont get GPS back. The 8703e on Sprint does. I think all developers are begging Verizon to get their API's out soon. In the mean time, we are still shooting for a puck supported version.
Do you have any feel for when/if Verizon will open up GPS functionality on the 8703e. Seems like Verizon is often lagging behind the other carriers.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #82
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rta53
Do you have any feel for when/if Verizon will open up GPS functionality on the 8703e. Seems like Verizon is often lagging behind the other carriers.
Once I find out anything I am allowed to share, I will let you know.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:29 PM   #83
Ominx

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW

I also get the crash with 1,2,3,4,5,6,* and then scrolling down. The error reads: Uncaught exception: java.lang.Array.IndexOutOfBoundsException

I'm using a VZW 7130e.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #84
turbo863

Carrier: t-mo

I have a T-mobile Pearl 8100..I do use the internet frequently and I have used the 8100 for a while...I downloaded this with the OTA, installs perfectly, but when I go to launch it, it says the network is probably down and to try later (The same error most people are getting) How am I supposed to fix this?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:44 AM   #85
dbly1850
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Alltel
Smile

Quote:
Keep in mind that this is NOT a real time GPS turn by turn application. Think of a middle ground between paper directions and GPS applications like a Garmin device. It is neither, but a little of both.
That's a good thing at times. I have Alltel BB8703e and tried Telnav. I picked a place I've never been to, and Telnav lost the GPS because of high buildings, by the time I made a bad turn, it would point me back, only to lose the next NEEDED turn.. It was a total mess and I was laughed at all the way to and from for paying 10 bucks a month for something that really sucked eggs..

SO I load this and using the voice prompts I was fine. I could play it back and forth, so I could keep a eye out for the next turn.. and this is Free? And this is so much faster?? I love it.. For future upgrade, would love the option to pick fastest route, stay off toll roads, shortest distance, etc..

Is there a user forum? for this??
Old 03-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #86
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

TeleNav's software has nothing to do with the reception of your GPS receiver. TeleNav works awesome for me, however, I've not tried my GPS in downtown NYC.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #87
rta53

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
TeleNav's software has nothing to do with the reception of your GPS receiver. TeleNav works awesome for me, however, I've not tried my GPS in downtown NYC.
I used Telenav when we were with Nextel and it worked great for me. Had to give it up when my company switched to Verizon. In spite of Verizon's boast of having the best network it was a step backwards for us as far as technology. Hopefully GPS functionality will be available soon.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #88
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbly1850
That's a good thing at times. I have Alltel BB8703e and tried Telnav. I picked a place I've never been to, and Telnav lost the GPS because of high buildings, by the time I made a bad turn, it would point me back, only to lose the next NEEDED turn.. It was a total mess and I was laughed at all the way to and from for paying 10 bucks a month for something that really sucked eggs..

SO I load this and using the voice prompts I was fine. I could play it back and forth, so I could keep a eye out for the next turn.. and this is Free? And this is so much faster?? I love it.. For future upgrade, would love the option to pick fastest route, stay off toll roads, shortest distance, etc..

Is there a user forum? for this??
That is great feedback, I also have a GPS unit that failed me in Boston once. (pre-Find It Release) and it was killing me trying to find my destination

Yes, this is free.. and free forever.. great huh?!

As far as user forums, we had not set anything up specifically for this. If there is enough interest, we may put that up, for now... this community has been phenomenal for responses.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #89
phonemonkey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Is it possible for a future version to include train/subway stations as an item in the travel category? Especially for the NYC area (Metro-North, LIRR, NYC Subway) knowing where the nearest mass transit is can be helpful if you're using GPS on foot.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:24 AM   #90
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

I'm unable to download using the OTA link in the original post. Have Cingular 8800, selecting those option in the download page, but, then get "Download failed". The details indicate "907 Invalid COD" and "Unable to import zip file".

Did I do some thing wrong?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #91
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
I'm unable to download using the OTA link in the original post. Have Cingular 8800, selecting those option in the download page, but, then get "Download failed". The details indicate "907 Invalid COD" and "Unable to import zip file".

Did I do some thing wrong?
Are you using a pre-release 8800? or the release version? We had this issue with anyone using a pre-release firmware..

One other issue is make sure you are using the Blackberry Browser to invoke the download. If you are using the medianet browser on cingular, or a TMO browser, it won't work.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #92
mendes9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Torgerson;

What are the requirements if you are on BES. I have a few 8800 users on my BES serves that want to try this out. Besides, allowing them to download it, and clicking on both "allow connections" options anything else I need to watch out for? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #93
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Are you using a pre-release 8800? or the release version? We had this issue with anyone using a pre-release firmware..

One other issue is make sure you are using the Blackberry Browser to invoke the download. If you are using the medianet browser on cingular, or a TMO browser, it won't work.
The browser config was the problem. Actually, somehow the Media Net browser got assigned to the HTML browser icon. Thanks! Looking at the app now.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #94
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendes9
Torgerson;

What are the requirements if you are on BES. I have a few 8800 users on my BES serves that want to try this out. Besides, allowing them to download it, and clicking on both "allow connections" options anything else I need to watch out for? Thanks in advance.
Nope.. i just had our BES guys create a policy that allowed 3rd party downloads while we tested internally.. this saved them from dropping policies and re-starting them for installs. Then all worked fine as far as I know. If you run into any issues, just holler and I can chat with our BES guys. They love the app too!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #95
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
The browser config was the problem. Actually, somehow the Media Net browser got assigned to the HTML browser icon. Thanks! Looking at the app now.
Great to hear! Let us know what you think.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #96
mendes9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks Torgerson, for my 1st test user he said the app loaded fine, issue is as he explains it, is that infospace appears not to be able to extract the location from the GPS chip. This is an 8800 on Cingular network. We don't allow media net (cingular's browser) through our BES policy, it use's the default Blackberry browser if that is of any help.

Also, I noticed that on your website it says 60 days free trial, I assume that this software is not free then? I certainly have no issues with that as I don't expect anyone to work for free, but this thread suggests that the software is free.

Thanks again

Last edited by mendes9; 03-07-2007 at 03:14 PM..
Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 AM   #97
boedarnez
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo863
...I downloaded this with the OTA, installs perfectly, but when I go to launch it, it says the network is probably down and to try later (The same error most people are getting) How am I supposed to fix this?
Yeah, can someone explain how to fix the error message of "Unable to start InfoSpace Find It! Possible network problems, try again."

I've seen several other people have this problem. Does anyone know what causes it?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #98
hailer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t

I'll try this on my 8700c. Can anyone compare this to Google Maps in terms of positives, negatives and feature differences?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #99
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailer
I'll try this on my 8700c. Can anyone compare this to Google Maps in terms of positives, negatives and feature differences?
GM is great but you would need to put where you are at to find thngs. This one takes your curent location from GPS and seraches based on you location and it will rout your way there based on your current location. It is a great program to have.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #100
hailer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t

Thanks hf1khal.

No GPS for me but I am use to entering in locations.

I'll test it out today. Just tried a near by location, wanted to get "turn-by-turn voice" directions. The app was attempting to load the audio and the following error message appeared:

Unable to perform requested action. Try again or exit InfoSpace Find It! and try later.
Closed Thread