Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
mrjules

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular\AT&T
Default Redirector Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I hope I am posting this into the right area in the forum. I have a Blackberry 7250 from Verizon. I have the Redirector set uo to forward mail from my Exchange account to my Blackberry. The redirector seems to work for a while, but after a few minutes I stop receiving mail. I have even upgraded to the latest version of Desktop manager, with no luck. I can verifiy that an email or two is received by the device, but when I look at the redirector events it says the Time the last message was received by device is Not Available. I have tried everything I can think of and can't seem to make this work consitently.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
darkstar7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quick question, does your company have a BES? (Blackberry Enterprise Server)

With the redirector you need to make sure that the Redirector window is open and stays open and is never closed. Make sure that your computer is always on and connected to the internet.

You can plug the device into your computer and go into redirector settings and then security and re-generate and apply the encryption settings 3 times.

Also sometimes leaving your outlook open will help as well.

What OS is your Blackberry running, latest for the 7250 I beleive is 4.1.353 or something close to that, if t is older than that you can upgrade the device OS by visiting BlackBerry™ 4.x Software Download
(Wireless Data Tech Support)
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
mrjules

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular\AT&T
Default redirector issues

Hi,

Our company does not have a BES. This is just for one user who travels frequently. I have made sure that Outlook is running and that the redirector window is open. When I first hook the BB up via USB, and then verify the settings and disconnect it, a few emails are sent to the device. But then after a few emails the messages stop and in the redirector you can see that they are pending. I have tried this on two different computers with the same results. I will need to make sure that the device is on its latest OS, I have not done that as of yet.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
DLB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjules View Post
Hi,

Our company does not have a BES. This is just for one user who travels frequently. I have made sure that Outlook is running and that the redirector window is open. When I first hook the BB up via USB, and then verify the settings and disconnect it, a few emails are sent to the device. But then after a few emails the messages stop and in the redirector you can see that they are pending. I have tried this on two different computers with the same results. I will need to make sure that the device is on its latest OS, I have not done that as of yet.
I have the exact same problem and gave up on the re-director. I am using emoze now.

Cheers
Old 04-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
bmacaluso
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

You might want to try using a BIS account instead of the redirector. I've had good luck with BIS and Outlook Exchange.
Closed Thread