Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
7290rogers

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Approximately How Much Data

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, new to Blackberries and Data Plans here. I just had a question, perhaps a stupid one but I can't seem to figure it out.

Approximately how much data usage do GoogleTalk and JiveTalk use up if you are logged into them throughout the whole day? The reason I ask is because i'm with Rogers Wireless and they don't have a unlimited data plan. Fortunetly I do get the first three months unlimited but still I would like to have a ballpark figure of how much i'm using so I can be smarter about it.

I signed up for the 50mb plan once my promotional period ends, is that too little? I understand they do have a 100mb plan...

Also, another silly question. Do you guys know of any programs that calculate the data usage? I reckon it would be ideal to have one of those on my phone just so I can make sure I don't go over. Or am I way out of line on that one?

Your responses will be appreciated.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Use the first three unlimited months of service to get a gauge of what your normal service will. Rogers will be able to tell you what usage you have.

I have seen others ask about a usage monitor, etc., on this forum but I have never noticed an answer. You might find otherwise if you search.
Closed Thread