Old 04-18-2007, 06:20 AM   #341
CWorx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: None

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robglasser View Post
I just downloaded and installed this app and while I think it's pretty cool, and am thinking about buying it I am having one annoying problem that I can't seem to get rid of.

Now, whenever I get a new e-mail, my LED indicator will still flash red to alert to a new message, but as soon as I unlock my blackberry to go read it the LED indicator goes on solid, with the color varying, sometimes red, sometimes blue, and sometimes a greenish color. Usually the later. As soon as I read an unread message it goes away. Pretty annoying.

I've tried a reboot of my phone but no luck. This started happening as soon as I started up this app. Any ideas?
Rob,

What version of the blackberry OS are you using? Which carrier?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #342
rouen1969
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 312D2644
Carrier: Verizon

I got the newer trackball version (so it can cycle the colors). I love it... to be perfectly honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about the program having a flaw or two... none of them seem too serious and for it to $5 and brand new, what do you expect. I'm sure the developer will get it all "bugged" out. I haven't had any problems...

Oh... I also have all the "kids on the program" jealous of my new "tpy." LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 09:06 AM   #343
rouen1969
Thumbs Must Hurt

I got the newer trackball version (so it can cycle the colors). I love it... to be perfectly honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about the program having a flaw or two... none of them seem too serious and for it to $5 and brand new, what do you expect. I'm sure the developer will get it all "bugged" out. I haven't had any problems...

Oh... I also have all the "kids on the program" jealous of my new "toy." LOL
Old 04-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #344
rpfeffer
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint BES

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_d0za View Post
I like the ColorPearl app that just came out. It's free and there is an option to donate.

geek and proud - BlackBerry Software

Here's some info about it from the person that made it:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...all-color.html

He says he want's peoples opinion on other options for it and that he's working on a "custom" option so you can put in your own hex RRGGBB number.
Whoa...sweet! Trying it out now. I have the custom option in there...does that mean it works now?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #345
CWorx

We have posted version 1.6 to Handango.

Notable features/additions
Timeout option of "Default" will turn on and off with the phone backlight. I believe canonbomb1987 was requesting this.
Color choice of Random. It not really random but will change the color of the trackball each time it turns on.
When there is an incoming call and the color is set to cycle, it will actually cycle. This was a previous bug.
When you have the color set to cycle, it will no longer go back to "Diabled" after a hard reboot.
If you set the timeout to "Default", the trackball will turn off immediately when you put the phone into mute mode.

We think this is a worthwhile upgrade for all those who bought the software. We thank you again for your support and we will try our best to satisfy all of you.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #346
znino

Carrier: FIDO
Default Additions to Color Ball?

I also have bought this program and I think that it is one of the best $5 I have spent in a while.

I did think of a few possible additions the programmers might think about in the future. It would be nice to be able to set the trackball to light up with a specific color depending on certain messaging events. Things like SMS received, Email received, Missed Call etc. Each could be a specific color so that if you look at your phone and see green, for example, it might mean you have unread emails. If you see RED it might mean you have missed called. If it alternates between red and Green it might mean you have both missed calls and emails. This might be a good thing to have especially if on a silent profile. You would get a visual color indication of what has arrived on your BB.

Just a thought!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #347
CWorx

Quote:
Originally Posted by znino View Post
I also have bought this program and I think that it is one of the best $5 I have spent in a while.

I did think of a few possible additions the programmers might think about in the future. It would be nice to be able to set the trackball to light up with a specific color depending on certain messaging events. Things like SMS received, Email received, Missed Call etc. Each could be a specific color so that if you look at your phone and see green, for example, it might mean you have unread emails. If you see RED it might mean you have missed called. If it alternates between red and Green it might mean you have both missed calls and emails. This might be a good thing to have especially if on a silent profile. You would get a visual color indication of what has arrived on your BB.

Just a thought!
These are all good ideas. We see them as a different program though. We think it would be hard for a user to tell the difference between the application lighting up when you are using it (especially if they are using cycle/random or a never timeout) and then switching to some sort of notification mode when at other times. We will look into this for the future but it may have to be a separate application. Does anybody have some thoughts on this?
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #348
[IFC]Area51
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by znino View Post

Just a thought!
I actually suggested this to the creator of BlackBerryAlerts (BBYmel) and he said since RIM has released more API's tht he will take a look at that. So as of now noone has done this alert things with the trackball. Wish someone could though.
8100|8300|8310|8320|8900|9000|9700|9650
Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 PM   #349
Air Force One
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Classified
Carrier: at&t

Anyone else having issues installing this upgrade?

All the other upgrades went smoothly, but with this one the DM is not recognizing any new updates, but when I click on the modules it says: installed 1.5...available: 1.6, and actually lists downgrade in the actions area, which doesn't make sense to me. I even chose to downgrade to see what would hapen but nothing did.

If anyone else gets the 1.6 version installed on the Pearl please post.

Thanks

Last edited by Air Force One; 04-19-2007 at 10:32 PM..
Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 AM   #350
hotburnttoast
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: Unique 8-character hexadecimal ID number assigned to all BlackBerrys
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force One View Post

All the other upgrades went smoothly, but with this one the DM is not recognizing any new updates, but when I click on the modules it says: installed 1.5...available: 1.6, and actually lists downgrade in the actions area, which doesn't make sense to me. I even chose to downgrade to see what would hapen but nothing did.

Thanks
I think I got it to go, I got the same issue you got when I tried to install the update, so I went into my Blackberry and deleted the application, and reinstalled it fresh. It seems to work, I think the Software Writer forgot to change the verison revision numbers around, because on the .alx file it is verison 1.5 and on the .cod file it is 1.6. I see a new selection under color called random, thats how I figured out that mine updated. You will need your registration number again too. Hope this helps
Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #351
hotburnttoast
CrackBerry Addict

Based on the cworx post I know it works as I have the new choice of RANDOM under the colors option. The Software Writer just needs to change the revision numbers in the .alx file. So for those of you who can't wait just delete the application on your Blackberry, and reload this new version.

Cheers

Toast
Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #352
Air Force One
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotburnttoast View Post
I think I got it to go, I got the same issue you got when I tried to install the update, so I went into my Blackberry and deleted the application, and reinstalled it fresh. It seems to work, I think the Software Writer forgot to change the verison revision numbers around, because on the .alx file it is verison 1.5 and on the .cod file it is 1.6. I see a new selection under color called random, thats how I figured out that mine updated. You will need your registration number again too. Hope this helps
Thanks for the info.

This was going to be my next try but was hoping for someone else to try it first.

I'll post back what happens.

Thanks again.

AF1
Old 04-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #353
Air Force One
Thumbs Must Hurt

Great call hottburnttoast!!!

New version is installed.

Now I get the cycling on incoming call. MUCH better than the built in trackball flashing.

Thanks again hotburnttoast!!!

And thanks to CWorx for continuing to support this fantastic app!

Last edited by Air Force One; 04-20-2007 at 01:15 AM..
Old 04-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #354
hotburnttoast
CrackBerry Addict

No problem Glad I could help out!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:02 AM   #355
Air Force One
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWorx View Post
These are all good ideas. We see them as a different program though. We think it would be hard for a user to tell the difference between the application lighting up when you are using it (especially if they are using cycle/random or a never timeout) and then switching to some sort of notification mode when at other times. We will look into this for the future but it may have to be a separate application. Does anybody have some thoughts on this?
I certainly wouldn't mind paying for another app. Maybe if you use another app you could integrate the top LED into the action, sorta like the blinkberry app but only more in depth or something.

Actually, that way we'd know it was set to "data alert". The trackball AND the LED would flash chosen colors. Say Blue for email, etc.. Or even have the trackball AND the LED cycle for a chosen alert. Have the damn phone light up like a Christman tree if we want.

I vote seperate app with added LED colors to differentiate between the two apps.

AF1

Last edited by Air Force One; 04-20-2007 at 01:18 AM..
Old 04-20-2007, 06:10 AM   #356
CWorx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force One View Post

Thanks
This was our mistake. We forgot to update the version number in the alx file from 1.5 to 1.6. You can make this simple change yourself in the alx file or you can download the new zip from Handango.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #357
tazeat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

$5 to control a light. **** is there a BB programmer out there that isnt looking for a quick buck and make some free and/or open source programs?
edit: cool geek and proud ftw ;).

Last edited by John Clark; 04-21-2007 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Please watch the language
Old 04-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #358
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Did you ever get this working on the 8800.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #359
nike30
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

SD, looks like us 8800ers are stuck like chuck on the color trackball.
Desktop Manager 4.5
PIN 205CC25C
Old 05-04-2007, 07:27 AM   #360
rouen1969
Thumbs Must Hurt

Exclamation Just in case I miised it...

I noticed a few posts about having to reinstal for various reasons and not getting the trackball program to reload/ needed the reg. #, etc...

I updated my 8100 to the new TIM Italy and couldn't get my trackball to work... the icon was there but when I click it... nothing.

So, I deleted it from my phone and then reloaded it rom my PC (I save everything in a folder marked BLACKBEERY STUFF).

Also... the registration# is saved in my email just in case I needed it... and yes if you reload you will need the registration code... BUT... saving it means being honest and not using it for other people's phones... I'm certain cworx would prefer us not to share the codes given nd besides, the program is $5.00... cheap cheap cheap. THX cworx!!!

If all of this has been posted B4, ignore it.