BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Were you able to use the application successfully?
Yes 305 86.65%
No 47 13.35%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #1381
dhruv

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

Please Login to Remove!

I am in. PM Sent.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #1382
nursexmelanie

Carrier: cingular
Talking conversation cut off..

i upgraded to 0.6.2 this morning, and have been using it throughout the day. I found when i was having conversations, that some of the words get cut off from the screen, so i don't totally understand what the person has just typed to me. It's like i have to scoll from left to right to see the rest of the word, but that's not possible. It's like this:

"today i checked the we
nd it's going to be nice"

the person meant "weather", but i couldn't understand bc the letters got cut off.

anyone else experiencing this? or kno what's the cause?

other than that, the program is fantastic!

i have the blackberry pearl with cingular if that helps..
Old 05-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #1383
Amckeithan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: 23fca7dc
Carrier: cingular

Sending Pm
Old 05-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #1384
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

I installed the app a couple of days ago and it looks very promising.

I have come across one crasher that forced me to go back to the RIM googletalk app tho... whenever my boss im's me via googletalk from iChat on his Intel iMac, JT crashes. and continues to crash until i can end that conversation thread (can't open it). I sent the logs a couple of times while this was happening. Finally I just disabled that account.

Things that really do need to happen....
Audible notifications. Preferably ones that register with the general systems' ring controls... so I can set my in holster to being vibrate only, and my out of holster to being loud as hell.

Oh, i forgot what the other neededs were.

It would be really nice if the status dot on the app icon reflected the actual status of the accounts within. For example, I'm set to busy now, so it's a red dot inside the app, but a green dot on the app itself.

I completed the survey as well, and one thing that *really* bothered me is the discussion of tying licensing to one phone/charging for moving it to another phone. if i buy an app -- and if you could stabilize this app i probably will buy it -- i own it, and you do not / can not control my installing it on another phone if I uninstall it on my current phone. i PAID for the license, i own it. it's fair use to still use that app if my phone dies, is upgraded, lost, stolen, comes in another color, whatever.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think charging additional to use my license on my current device is legal. it's certainly not ethical. and it is certainly enough to keep me from EVER buying anything made by your company.

Please make sure your product managers understand that before they make such a colossal error.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 AM   #1385
kyububba
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kitty View Post
I installed the app a couple of days ago and it looks very promising.

I have come across one crasher that forced me to go back to the RIM googletalk app tho... whenever my boss im's me via googletalk from iChat on his Intel iMac, JT crashes. and continues to crash until i can end that conversation thread (can't open it). I sent the logs a couple of times while this was happening. Finally I just disabled that account.

Things that really do need to happen....
Audible notifications. Preferably ones that register with the general systems' ring controls... so I can set my in holster to being vibrate only, and my out of holster to being loud as hell.

Oh, i forgot what the other neededs were.

It would be really nice if the status dot on the app icon reflected the actual status of the accounts within. For example, I'm set to busy now, so it's a red dot inside the app, but a green dot on the app itself.

I completed the survey as well, and one thing that *really* bothered me is the discussion of tying licensing to one phone/charging for moving it to another phone. if i buy an app -- and if you could stabilize this app i probably will buy it -- i own it, and you do not / can not control my installing it on another phone if I uninstall it on my current phone. i PAID for the license, i own it. it's fair use to still use that app if my phone dies, is upgraded, lost, stolen, comes in another color, whatever.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think charging additional to use my license on my current device is legal. it's certainly not ethical. and it is certainly enough to keep me from EVER buying anything made by your company.

Please make sure your product managers understand that before they make such a colossal error.
Thanks for the feedback.

- You can set sounds by going to your BB alerts profiles, where you would configure sound for your phone or email alerts. See the "Alerts and Notifications" section under help for more details.
- We have gotten requests about the status icon change in the past and plan to make this a feature coming up.
- As to the license, we hear what you're saying.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #1386
BB4Life

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursexmelanie View Post
i upgraded to 0.6.2 this morning, and have been using it throughout the day. I found when i was having conversations, that some of the words get cut off from the screen, so i don't totally understand what the person has just typed to me. It's like i have to scoll from left to right to see the rest of the word, but that's not possible. It's like this:

"today i checked the we
nd it's going to be nice"

the person meant "weather", but i couldn't understand bc the letters got cut off.

anyone else experiencing this? or kno what's the cause?

other than that, the program is fantastic!

i have the blackberry pearl with cingular if that helps..
i'm also receiving text in that format also...and also, why do I sometimes get the "&nmp" sign a lot?? i've been getting this a lot ever since the first beta version, and it still hasn't been addressed...
Old 05-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #1387
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyububba View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

- You can set sounds by going to your BB alerts profiles, where you would configure sound for your phone or email alerts. See the "Alerts and Notifications" section under help for more details.
Duh. Thanks. I feel stupid for not actually looking before I posted that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyububba View Post
- We have gotten requests about the status icon change in the past and plan to make this a feature coming up.
- As to the license, we hear what you're saying.
I don't want to seem overly critical. I *do* appreciate the work that goes into the software, and you'll have done an amazing job so far. I will very likely buy it. I just have a zealous reflex on anything that encroaches on the "fair use doctrine".

oh and a feature suggestion that might make for a cute little gimmick... how about a live jive translator? could be enabled in the contextual menu to translate your outgoing messages into jive on the fly as they are sent. it's totally silly and useless, but could be fun every now and then. (when i've told my other bb friends about 'jivetalk' that's the first thing they think it would be.)

let me know if you can track down that ichat-google talk crash tho.

thanks!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #1388
Element
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Rogers

Are testers still needed? i sent an email off but got no response. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #1389
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Are testers still needed? i sent an email off but got no response. Thanks!
Their beta program is in the public beta version now.

You should check out their website.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #1390
DNoble
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 23FE8636
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question

I downloaded the new .90 build but I am unable to log in.
Getting prompted for license. I thought this was still beta . Does anyone know what is going on?

Nevermind User Error DOH!!!!

Last edited by DNoble; 05-07-2007 at 04:10 PM..
Old 05-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #1391
uhhhmenono

Model: 8800
Carrier: tmobile

goto about jivetalk, trying selecting upgrade or register. it'll grab new license code i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNoble View Post
I downloaded the new .90 build but I am unable to log in.
Getting prompted for license. I thought this was still beta . Does anyone know what is going on?

Nevermind User Error DOH!!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #1392
BB4Life

What are major upgrades for the .9.0 version?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #1393
BB4Life

there are a few changes it looks like in the preference section..including an option of choosing two types of transport: BIS or TCP...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #1394
MyPearl

Model: 9700

and you can now sort by status --- awesome!

kyububba, one more thing that has been really annoying me. Say you are in a meeting and some one on MSN starts sending you messages. The first one they send creates a pop message and a ring (since i have it setup that way) but if this same person keep sending multiple messages, the BB keeps ringing... It would be nice for it to just invoke the ring feature once (just like the pop up window). Now if another msg you, then it should still ring. This way you know that more than one person is trying to get hold of you. Not a biggy but annoys me sometimes.

Last edited by MyPearl; 05-07-2007 at 10:33 PM..
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #1395
CableGuy711

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

the issue with quotes " showing up as &quot is still happening.......
Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 AM   #1396
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: whateva

hello
I recently upgrade to v0.9.0
but i can't used it. it got error report " not allowed by your it policy bla bla bla, which i don't really memorize it"
and when i tried to get the key, denied for the same reason.

on previous version v0.62 (cmiiw) .. i don't have the same problem, i want to test this new version because it has an alternative connection method using the BIS APN not using direct TCP

can anyone tell me how to solve the problem?
i want to revert to the older version which work for me but unfortunately not available for download (if this newer version still not work for me)

many thanks

have tried reset a few times (using softreset program), even full the battery out, and remove and re-install JiveTalk still have no luck

Last edited by nyubi; 05-08-2007 at 01:12 AM..
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #1397
kyububba

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyubi
hello
I recently upgrade to v0.9.0
but i can't used it. it got error report " not allowed by your it policy bla bla bla, which i don't really memorize it"
and when i tried to get the key, denied for the same reason.

on previous version v0.62 (cmiiw) .. i don't have the same problem, i want to test this new version because it has an alternative connection method using the BIS APN not using direct TCP

can anyone tell me how to solve the problem?
i want to revert to the older version which work for me but unfortunately not available for download (if this newer version still not work for me)

many thanks

have tried reset a few times (using softreset program), even full the battery out, and remove and re-install JiveTalk still have no luck
You should be able to get around the problem by disabling your firewall. It seems to happen if you have firewall turned on and accidentally denied access to a JT connection at startup. It's also possible that this is an interaction problem with the new build, which we're checking with RIM.

If you don't want to disable your firewall, try deleting the application completely using the desktop manager and reinstalling OTA. It'll ask you for permission again after the reinstall, assuming you have your firewall turned on.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:22 AM   #1398
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: whateva

yes i have my firewall turn on (can't disable it, since i had a used pearl getting on ebay, and flash the it policy using blank policy bin), but the firewall option all set to allow, and I do the upgrade using OTA installer. as additional info any other 3rd party software i've installed on my pearl worked fine (including previously installed v0.6.2) except the new JiveTalk v0.9.0

thanks

Last edited by nyubi; 05-08-2007 at 02:25 AM..
Old 05-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #1399
ERVEAY

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default It's Working

Today I download the 0.90 version ands works.. the previous version says BAD DNS

Ernesto
VZW
Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #1400
jarodl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

What are the new features of 0.9.0?
Closed Thread