Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
Cyprusg

Model: 7520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Don't Know
Default Blackberry Email problems?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, every Blackberry user at our site is having problems receiving emails. Ever since there was that problem last week we've had very sporadic service. Right now just about everyone has the little "l" for NXTl. Although I was still receiving emails for a little bit this morning while I had that little l, now like everyone else I'm not receiving any. Any known issues right now?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I have not been made aware of any residual issues from the outage last week. If you are on a BES setup (you stated everyone at your site?), contact your BES/IT admins.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
Raven
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW

No problems in Colorado
Old 04-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
emccaff
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
PIN: 23D66F7C
Carrier: T-Mobile

Working just fine in Minnesota.

Last edited by emccaff; 04-23-2007 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation

I'm having one weird issue on T-Mobile. Emails from my AOL account are being re-pushed to my BlackBerry days after I originally received them! For example, at 9 AM this morning, when my did its auto power on, there were 6 new messages that came through, an unusually high number for me for first thing in the morning. 3 of those messages were re-pushed messages that had originally come into my AOL account on the 18th... 5 days ago!

This has been going on for the better part of a week. Even deleting the messages from my AOL account doesn't stop them from coming down to my again... in some cases, I've gotten the same message 3-4 times! I know they're the same messages because of the date & time sent stamps on the messages.

Also weird is that the messages being affected are all topic reply notifications from a messageboard I post on. Anyone else having this problem?

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-23-2007 at 11:14 AM..
Old 04-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #6
Halford
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

No problem in Birmingham, AL the nearest tower might be the culprit or your company BES could be it, too... or your service provider... or or or or...
Old 04-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
Raven
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130

Have you rebooted your bb by removing the battery?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #8
Halford
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

yeh what Raven said... it usually solve many problems. If your BB was down for a reason, always take battery out for 30 seconds and put it back... its usually back normal.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
VickyPaz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
I'm having one weird issue on T-Mobile.

Also weird is that the messages being affected are all topic reply notifications from a messageboard I post on. Anyone else having this problem?
Not that problem but another one. One of my email accounts is not working on my BB. I can send email fine from it - but can't receive. Yet I know the email is on the account server...just won't push to my BB. I made all the necessary fixes...but still nothing. I'm in Rhode Island.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 PM   #10
akg

Model: 9700
PIN: Mont Blanc
Carrier: AT&T

I've been having problems with delays on my Gmail account....Cingular BIS in D/FW area. I reset my BB every day just about.

BES 4.1.6 Exchange 2003 SP2
Old 04-26-2007, 06:14 AM   #11
MMWinter

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon
Default Emails being re-pushed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
I'm having one weird issue on T-Mobile. Emails from my AOL account are being re-pushed to my BlackBerry days after I originally received them!
This has been going on for the better part of a week. Even deleting the messages from my AOL account doesn't stop them from coming down to my again... in some cases, I've gotten the same message 3-4 times! I know they're the same messages because of the date & time sent stamps on the messages.

This has been happening to me for weeks now! I posted a couple weeks ago where over one weekend I received 12000+ emails dating back months, they came in over and over, until my bbb memory was filled and it came to a halt.
Now it's almost every day where anywhere from 20-2000 repeat emails from the last few months come rolling in over and over and over! Am using BIS right now w/ verizon, and receiving webmail-based job emails on it. Am bringing in BES this weekend and hoping that my taking over admin on this will solve it!
These aren't AOL emails, but they are IMAP based. And the emails DO NOT re-appear in my webmail. My email provider is at a loss, and I got nowhere with Verizon.
It has been happening for weeks to both my Boss and I, and I have been promising him it would end when my Exchange and BES are up and running, but I am thrilled (sorry Jack) to hear that at least one other person has experienced something similar.
RIGHT NOW the thing is going off constantly - I've received 500+ emails just while typing this!
I deleted the accounts in BIS, reset by pulling battery - but they just keep coming!
The thing is, I get 5-6 accounts on the bb, all from same provider, same IMAP server, and yet only 1 of them is affected this way, and it just so happens to be our main agency address.
Quite Frankly it is making my life !!!!
I only received 1 response on my last post about this - and then after the whole outage thing thought it was a RIM/BB thing - but it hasn't stopped...
Maybe somebody out there knows something?!?!
I don't even know what to say or how to end this post...I am so it's not even funny!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 AM   #12
jojitsu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330M
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I did get the NXTl a few times this week already. But after rebooting it always comes back normal. I am in Michigan.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
pbmarker

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Hello,

I'm in the Washington DC area and have Nextel units. For about the past 15-20 days I've seen alot of the NXTl issues. on over 15 different devices. they just wouldn't get the capital "L" thus they were pretty much paperweights can't send and receive messages. Cycling the radio on and off seems to work eventually but its takes a few times to work. even pulling the battery out didn't do it every time on the first try. I've called Nextel and they dont have anything reported so now they sent me to the Blackberry helpdesk and i'm now waiting to hear something back. I am using a BES but the "L" as far as I know is a network coverage issue. So why they are directing me to blackberry is beyond me.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #14
kelvin

Model: 8830

We had the same issue when we had Nextel. A call to thier support department later and we found out the tower near our office was the culprit. It took a while, but they got it fixed.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:22 AM   #15
pbmarker

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Thanks Kelvin,

the strange part is that its not all of our units its only a small portion. I was thinking it was one of the towers that the unit would grab a signal from then get messed up and not release the tower. Would explain some of the reasons. still haven't heard back from nextel yet.
Closed Thread