saraiya
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default OK, that's enough

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kitty View Post
I'm sorry but I don't consider saying the interface needed work (and offering detailed suggestions on how to improve it) before I'd consider it ready for gold release a flame.

The font sizes are all over the place, making the text all but unreadable. The prompts are repetitive and ambiguous. The error messages are ambiguous. This isn't a flame, this is a very specific list of what I feel needs to be fixed before I'd consider it a professional quality release.

I respect the focus on functionality first, but before you take money for a product, I feel you should do the fit & finish on the interface, error messages and documentation. Form is a function, too. This is only my opinion, and quite frankly I think you're taking the whole thing way too personally.

You've received my message, and opt'd not to respond to me directly. Given your attitude here, I haven't a lot of faith in how helpful you'd be by me emailing directly. So I'm not going to bother.
We would like to make it very clear that our product is what it is *because* we listen to our interested users. You can look this up on the public bulletin boards.

However, our users, current and potential, are as respectful of us as we are of them. They do not do what you have done, which is publicly voice criticism before we can respond to your private request for change. On that particular note, we did take your suggestions to a design meeting and decided that you and we were not on the same page. We have never made that decision before.

We note that you appear to have bought the software anyway. If you have more suggestions, we respectfully request that you continue those directly with us because we feel that your postings are diluting a thread that had (and hopefully will still have, after this) information for interested users, current and future.

Thanks.

Last edited by saraiya; 05-23-2007 at 03:26 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #102
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

As xxxxxxx noted, I did purchase the application.

I was finally able to get it configured and working. Somehow or another, when I pasted the XML addresses in for my secondary calendars, they ended up with an extra period before the word "private" in the URL. That, of course was keeping the secondary calendars from syncing.

It took me a while to figure that one out, so if you're having problems syncing the one-way calendars, double check the xml addresses very carefully.

Now if I could just find a way to keep it from deleting the alarms/reminders from all my events every time it syncs....
Old 05-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #103
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kitty View Post
As xxxxxxx noted, I did purchase the application.

I was finally able to get it configured and working. Somehow or another, when I pasted the XML addresses in for my secondary calendars, they ended up with an extra period before the word "private" in the URL. That, of course was keeping the secondary calendars from syncing.

It took me a while to figure that one out, so if you're having problems syncing the one-way calendars, double check the xml addresses very carefully.

Now if I could just find a way to keep it from deleting the alarms/reminders from all my events every time it syncs....
So now you're blaming us for a problem with BlackBerry cut-and-paste? In your infinite knowledge of these things, did you know that this is external to the application?

We're done with you. Post to your heart's content. We will not respond to your self-aggrandizing posts any more. It is just a pity that our other genuinely interested users will be exposed to you.

By the way, we go through exactly what you claim in your posts on our test BlackBerrys. Our customers will try out what you say and figure out for themselves the worth of your posts.

And I will personally add to that: Get some help, or get a job, or do something productive, will you?

Last edited by saraiya; 05-24-2007 at 06:29 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #104
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

xxxxxxx,

I didn't intend to blame you/your team/your product for anything. Neither did I ever intend to insinuate that your program was untested or non-functional.

Your team has obviously put a lot of work into making something work that is obviously very farking complicated. the program works well where others have failed. kudos.

i intended my original post to be minor suggestions. the setup & config wasn't intuitive to the way i think. few things are, and that's no big deal.

my last post was just a tip, for anyone else that is having a problem getting the secondary calendars up and running. it's an obvious one, probably, but it was one that i didn't notice it at first, and was hard for me to track down. my stupidity. not yours.

i never meant to insult you, your product or your team. i'm sorry if my new york syntax came across that way. i wish you the best of luck with this product. it's much needed.

again, i am sorry that i offended you.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #105
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Thanks. Let's move on. You are most welcome to send us any suggestions/bug reports/anything that you would like, to support at xxxxxxx dot com. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:54 PM   #106
LeeG23
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
No, it is agnostic on BES.
Does this mean it doesn't work on BES devices??
Old 05-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #107
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeG23 View Post
Does this mean it doesn't work on BES devices??
No, it doesn't use BES, but it doesn't care if you do.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #108
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Default Google Calendar Sync

From our web site:

If what you want to do is access your Google Calendar from your cell phone over the Web without transferring the data to your cell phone calendar, then you might want to try the solution that Google has announced.
The URL is
Official Google Blog: Calendar for mobile devices

Last edited by saraiya; 05-29-2007 at 04:03 PM..
Old 06-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #109
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Downloaded and installed. For some reason it will not sync. Sent an email to customer support.. no reply. Looks like gsync will have to do for now :(...
Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #110
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonexh View Post
Downloaded and installed. For some reason it will not sync. Sent an email to customer support.. no reply. Looks like gsync will have to do for now :(...
Still no reply. .....zzzzz, glad I didn't purchase it :/.. I would be pissed if something I purchased didnt work nor did they email back over a two day period.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #111
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Still no reply. .....zzzzz, glad I didn't purchase it :/.. I would be pissed if something I purchased didnt work nor did they email back over a two day period.
1. You sent email to us at 1:20 pm yesterday 5/31/2007
2. You posted your first response here at 6:25 am today 6/1/2007
3. This is your second post, at 7:21 pm today 6/1/2007
Apart from the obvious questions, since when do you get our kind of response time for a $20 application, not as a service fee but as a one-time fee?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #112
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
1. You sent email to us at 1:20 pm yesterday 5/31/2007
2. You posted your first response here at 6:25 am today 6/1/2007
3. This is your second post, at 7:21 pm today 6/1/2007
Apart from the obvious questions, since when do you get our kind of response time for a $20 application, not as a service fee but as a one-time fee?
I am not sure as I still have not received a response. Perhaps you could try responding to the email and then I can answer you.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #113
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I am not sure as I still have not received a response. Perhaps you could try responding to the email and then I can answer you.
Don't be ridiculous. You flamed us in this forum before giving a chance for us to respond. We will not be bullied.

Post to your heart's content. We just recommend that people look at your other posts by clicking on your BlackBerry Forums username on the top left next to your posts on this thread. Our customers will figure out who you are.

For example, you joined the forum just 2 weeks ago, and have posted 6 times a day since then (88 posts in two weeks), probably for the rating next to your username in your posts.

Your username is also so obviously fake that nobody can take you seriously. We actually have people looking into whether you work for a competitor.

Goodbye.

Last edited by saraiya; 06-01-2007 at 11:06 PM..
Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #114
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. You flamed us in this forum before giving a chance for us to respond. We will not be bullied. We have now learned that some people are just not worth responding to. Post to your heart's content. We just recommend that people look at your other posts by clicking on your BlackBerry Forums username on the top left next to your posts on this thread. Our customers will figure out who you are.

Goodbye.
I didn't "flame" you, had I flamed you I would have told you that your program sucks along with your pathetic support that I have yet to receive. I simply gave my opinion after being surprised that I was not responded to. Reading through this entire thread I saw that people had such great support with replies in the threads hours if not minutes after they posted. I send an email.. wait over 12 hours no response. I figure if I post up that I sent you an email here it would get your attention, still no response another 12 hours later. After being a bit frustrated I gave my opinion about if I had purchased the program and then I would be pissed for paying $20 for something that is not working and I can't seem to get any help on. I am not trying to bully you, I have no clue where you came up with that?! I also have no clue with what you're trying to imply about clicking on my posts on this thread?!??! If you would like to keep the clutter out the thread you can PM me if you wish. I am obviously just trying to find an app that will work properly on my phone and hopefully get treated like everyone else has in this thread. What ever happened to the customer is never wrong? I am really not trying to start a damn fight here.. I don't understand why you couldnxxx8217;t just PM me or email me back and this wouldnxxx8217;t have gotten to this level...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #115
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. You flamed us in this forum before giving a chance for us to respond. We will not be bullied.

Post to your heart's content. We just recommend that people look at your other posts by clicking on your BlackBerry Forums username on the top left next to your posts on this thread. Our customers will figure out who you are.

For example, you joined the forum just 2 weeks ago, and have posted 6 times a day since then (88 posts in two weeks), probably for the rating next to your username in your posts.

Your username is also so obviously fake that nobody can take you seriously. We actually have people looking into whether you work for a competitor.

Goodbye.

Nice edit. Glad I got the original version. I have been nothing but helpful on this board. I joined it because I bought the 8830 from Verizon. I have posted 6 times a day because when I find something I am really interested in, I try to find as much possible things about it. My username.. are you remotely serious? Very nice accusations, way to treat a potential customer.. looking into seeing if I work for a competitor.. good luck searching on me Google "search for someone" that will get you somewhere. Hell I even asked you in my original email if you had phone support that I could call or be called in, why the hell would I give you my phone number if I work for some competitor.. I have never ever seen a business act the way you're acting on a forum, it is rediculous.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #116
jddphd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

Can't we all just get along...

Old 06-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #117
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddphd View Post
honestly all I want like I previously posted was something that would sync to my google calendar :( gcalsync works but the time is off and the more I mess with it the more it messes up. I figured I would try this program, didn't work (I am an impatient person I will admit) so I see everyone getting instant responses so I expected the same, and am now accused of being some secret agent competitor.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #118
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
good luck searching on me Google "search for someone" that will get you somewhere
Yes, your username is one of many red flags, as we have already said.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #119
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Yes, your username is one of many red flags, as we have already said.
My god, you are hilarious. I can't honestly believe the crock of crap that you are posting. My username .. red flags hahah. I can't believe you have a business and talk like that. Stop trying to start your conspiracy theories. I am sure there will be other "real" companies making a program that will work with the google calendar that have a website that looks like someone above 12 years old made it. I am done with your pathetic accusations and useless responses that still have not addressed the main issue. Good luck.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #120
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddphd View Post

http://gabandjd.com/images/handbags.gif
Sure. However, there is some business that we just don't want. We have had fewer than 5 terrible potential customers, and this is close to the worst of them.

Most people who use a BlackBerry and a Google Calendar are smart, driven and ready to work details out in a small amount of time. That's why we can do support for a product that costs so little.

We are also happy to help people who are not particularly savvy at this particular tiny part of the universe, but nobody expects them to be. All that we ask is a little patience and a little effort on their part. We go to exremes on their behalf.
Closed Thread