Old 06-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
JJGRAZ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Verizon 8703E and Garmin Nuvi 660

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone successfully used all of the functions on the Nuvi 660 Bluetooth connection with the 8703E from Verizon. My Motorola E815 worked great, but the BB will not transfer lists properly to the Nuvi; Sent, Received, etc. The phone book just stays on 'loading', but I think that's due to the size of the address book in the BB.
So I have to use the BB address book. But I can use it in hands free and incoming caller ID does work, as does direct dialing.

Thanks.

Last edited by JJGRAZ; 06-02-2007 at 07:10 PM..
Old 06-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
enviroman

Model: 8800C
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Do you have groups in your address book? If so, delete the groups and try to transfer the address book to the NUVI.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #3
JJGRAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviroman View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Do you have groups in your address book? If so, delete the groups and try to transfer the address book to the NUVI.
Nope, didn't have any groups.

thx.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
pronerd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGRAZ View Post
the BB will not transfer lists properly to the Nuvi; Sent, Received, etc. The phone book just stays on 'loading', but I think that's due to the size of the address book in the BB.
1. Wait are we taking about the address book, or stored SMS? You mentioned transferring "Sent, Received" lists. That sounds like SMS, or email. These are separate from the phone book.

2. Is there a reason to believe that the address books, on these two devices should be compatible? Cell phones are still very proprietary. It is very unusual for them to be directly compatible with each other.

3. Have you tried syncing your BB to something like Outlook, and then sycning the other device with again say Outlook? That would be the only way I would expect them to be able exchange data.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
JJGRAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronerd View Post
1. Wait are we taking about the address book, or stored SMS? You mentioned transferring "Sent, Received" lists. That sounds like SMS, or email. These are separate from the phone book.

2. Is there a reason to believe that the address books, on these two devices should be compatible? Cell phones are still very proprietary. It is very unusual for them to be directly compatible with each other.

3. Have you tried syncing your BB to something like Outlook, and then sycning the other device with again say Outlook? That would be the only way I would expect them to be able exchange data.
Yes, we are talking about the address book.

2. Yes there is, as the Bluetooth protocol is standard. However, that being said, Verizon is famous for crippling Bluetooth functionality in their phones.
However, my Verizon Motorola E815 phone worked like an absolute champ with the GPS over Bluetooth. I touch 'phonebook' on the gps screen, it pulled up my compete phonebook and I could search or scroll. I touch 'dialed calls', it would pull up the dialed called list from my phone, etc., etc. etc. It would even give me battery and signal status displayed on the gps (actually that is working with the BB also).

3. Not sure how that would work. . .
The 8700 series is listed as compatible on the Garmin site, and an IT manager reported good success with the Cingular version, who know.

Thx.

Last edited by JJGRAZ; 06-03-2007 at 12:02 PM..
Closed Thread