Old 05-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #21
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMF View Post
I find that their coverage maps - which are highly detailed - are accurate.
No coverage map is totally accurate as the map can't account for ever possible factor that can affect coverage (like buildings, etc). I actually switched from TMO because their coverage map indicated that my home was in an area of good coverage when the signal was totally unusable but not bad enough to roam. Feel free to start with the maps but you have to check real world coverage yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
cingular not the best carrier i had them
*Sigh* -- again, there's no universally "best" anything. YMMV -- especially with carriers. I always have problems with at&t's undereducated CSR's but others have had perfectly fine experiences with them. The best carrier for one person isn't necessarily the best carrier for the next person for any number of reasons.

Last edited by takeshi; 05-26-2007 at 01:11 PM..
Old 06-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #22
livspop
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon (Alltel)

Alltel is the best, hands down. Most for your money features-wise. But if you travel outisde the USA, it's really not an option.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #23
livspop
Thumbs Must Hurt

Alltel is the best, hands down. Most for your money features-wise and outstanding network reliability across the USA. But if you travel outisde the USA, it's really not an option.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post!

Last edited by livspop; 06-03-2007 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #24
prostreet

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

it's almost like asking what car is better, ford or chevy. you need to talk to co-workers, neighbors etc. to see what works best in your area.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #25
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Hence why al tel and CDMA carriers suxor cdma has the evdo an what not but only works In the united states. That's bad tmo is GSM and ais in the UK as well 19.99 bor unlimeted internet and email via bb is not bad at all
Old 06-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #26
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by livspop View Post
Alltel is the best, hands down. Most for your money features-wise. But if you travel outisde the USA, it's really not an option.
If you travel outside Alltel's coverage you are SOL also.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #27
livspop
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
If you travel outside Alltel's coverage you are SOL also.
That's the kind of BS information that gives these kinds of boards a bad name. Have you had Alltel? I've had several different carriers and Alltel by far is the most consistent, even when out of native areas. Alltel's free roam covers 99% of the nation. I've never been anywhere where I have not had service - from rural NH and ME to Portland to Flagstaff to every major and minor city in the United States. If Sprint or Verizon serves the area, it's free roam for Alltel 99% of the time.

My family has T-Mo and Verizon, and when they come here to visit, guess what? T-MO has NO SERVICE and Verizon roams on Alltel.

Get your facts straight before posting false information....
Old 06-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #28
Spartan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by livspop View Post
That's the kind of BS information that gives these kinds of boards a bad name. Have you had Alltel? I've had several different carriers and Alltel by far is the most consistent, even when out of native areas. Alltel's free roam covers 99% of the nation. I've never been anywhere where I have not had service - from rural NH and ME to Portland to Flagstaff to every major and minor city in the United States. If Sprint or Verizon serves the area, it's free roam for Alltel 99% of the time.

My family has T-Mo and Verizon, and when they come here to visit, guess what? T-MO has NO SERVICE and Verizon roams on Alltel.

Get your facts straight before posting false information....
I don't post much, but have to agree with this as well. I'm in a position where I travel all over the US, and Alltel is by far the most consistent. I have had service from several of the above carriers and IMHO if Alltel doesn't have coverage, then probably no one has coverage. Alltel's coverage map is very good, and they have been very easy to work with. Granted they don't have the largest BB selection and are a little slower to come out with new products, but their coverage is very good. Do your homework check with folks in the areas you travel the most. Good Luck.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #29
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Alltel doesn't even offer service in my area. You may be able to roam here but they're not even an option for me. Again, your location(s) is going to determine which carrier is best for you and what's best for you isn't necessarily best for the next person. These generalized discussions are pretty pointless.

...especially when you consider that not everyone on this site is even from the US.

Last edited by takeshi; 06-04-2007 at 12:55 PM..
Old 06-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #30
budah2025
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
PIN: 32B3BEB4
Carrier: Alltel

I don't think there there is an answer to this almighty question in life. I just think that we should support our devices to the best of our ability and use them to be more productive and contrsutive members of society. We should also bring to our carriers our concerns about data and blackberry costs........
Closed Thread