Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 04:16 AM   #261
AlanTheTech

Model: 7100G
Default Audacity: reducing internal Volume

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHP

I've read in this thread that reducing the output volume can help. Is there anyway to do that on Audacity? I'm looking everywhere but cannot seem to find a way.
Thanks again.
To reduce the internal volume in Audacity do the following:

1) Open sound file.
2) on LEFT side of sound track, look for the "- . . . . V . . . . +", move the scale to the left.
3) Done!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:19 PM   #262
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Default This rules - I can now even control my ringtone

I am using Audacity for editing (great little utility and free) and the Philips mobile Phonetools along with a site that was posted here and is very simple and bare bones (which is good because it reduces the load time). First try and all worked great. Thanks for hosting the sites and all the great information.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #263
ifeuer

Model: 7100t
Carrier: tmobile
Default Ringtone HELP

Guys... I am going crazy...

I have utilized all these great sites to download the cool ringtones to my 7100 with no problem. Now, all of the sudden, I can't...Here is what happens:

I go to the site and can get access to ANY of the ringtones.

The ringtone player comes up and begins playing the ringtone.

I scroll over to the right (the location where you can click and save the ringtone) and low and behold...the save option IS NOT THERE ANYMORE. I have things like get link, send page, etc..

My business partner has the same phone with the same software version 4.0.198 and his WORKS FINE... what in the world is going on with my phone?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #264
AgouraCAGuy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
Carrier: T-Mobile

Check your available memory. Maybe you ran out?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #265
dave_bb

Default Using sox For WAV to ADP Conversion?

Has anyone used sox or some other free program to make the conversion? If so, can you post the commands you use to do it?

I would guess that the mobile PhoneTools link that was posted earlier in this thread is not an authorized copy of the software.

Dave
Old 05-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #266
Lucky Luciano
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

The phillips mobile phone tools is one of the only pieces of software that seems to work. So if you are uncomfortable downloading that software to utilize that functionality, you're outa luck.

And good god people, stop signing your posts.

Dave
Old 05-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #267
badmojoe

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I posted a few RT's created plus one I downloaded from another. I did NOT do any HTML work but instead just put them in a folder to use the default file browser when there is no HTML file. I suppose this could be my problem but that doesn't seem likely to me. I did set the MIME type on the web server to ".adp audio/adpcm-adp" which is the format that my web server likes. I also tried just "audio/adpcm" which it will also take.

When I browse to it with my BB I get ascii or other straight text instead of the audio file in my browser window. Could the MIME type not be taking properly? I have cleared my browser cache and move the files to different folders and renamed them. All of this to no avail. Please help!?!?

Here is the site where I uploaded the ringtones.

www.weedtunes.com/adp

Thanks!!!

Joe
Old 05-14-2005, 06:41 PM   #268
HiRoll3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_bb
Has anyone used sox or some other free program to make the conversion? If so, can you post the commands you use to do it?

I would guess that the mobile PhoneTools link that was posted earlier in this thread is not an authorized copy of the software.

Dave

Well, since it resides on a publicly accessible Philips server, and requires no serial number or other means of activation, I would assume that it *is* an authorized copy.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #269
pr0t0typ3

Model: 8320

awesome!!! site!!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #270
morninglight9

Model: 7100g
Red face Converting iTunes etc

I've been making some tones and thought I'd put this up in case anyone was using some iTunes processed files. They are actually not saved in MP3 format (MPEG4 I think) when you rip from CDs so Audacity can't handle them because it doesn't service proprietary files types.

If you run into this, I just used WinAmp and set the output to the Disk Writer output plugin and converted the MPEG4 to WAV files and then loaded them into Audacity and did what I wanted.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else couldn't get Audacity to work if they were big iTunes users.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:12 AM   #271
Lucky Luciano
Thumbs Must Hurt

You can set itunes to rip cds into .mp3s instead of .m4a files in the preferences menu under the import tab I believe.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #272
pdutia
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodaphone
Post For a Few Dollars more ringer...

Does anyone have the For a Few Dollars More Whistle as a ring tone for the BB? If so, could you post it some place... \

Thanks,
Old 05-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #273
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaV
Anyone want to do Rage Against the Machine- Renegades of Funk?

BTW, hiroll3r right on for the opening theme for Naruto!
if you're talking about the 5th intro song to naruto... i upped that... i liked that song a lot.. =)
Old 05-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #274
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10
Carrier: t-mobile

i can't seem to get my old account working again for hiroll3r/lucky... i tried to get my password emailed to me and it confirms it but it never came... so i registered again... and again no email with activation...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:07 AM   #275
anasir

I am new to BB. Is there a way to upload ringtones using USB? I do not have browser capabilities (am on a fam plan with no internet/email)
Old 05-20-2005, 02:53 PM   #276
myles3030

Carrier: Tmobile

Lucky,
For some reason, i go to your site on my bb, but it just comes up with a blank white screen. I have tried many times, but still have no luck. Please advise on what you think i may be doing wrong.

Thanks....
Old 05-21-2005, 08:14 PM   #277
cheesesteak

Default .htaccess

Thanks man .. That actually nailed it for me. I tried modifying my site via control panel, but I suspect the host may need to reboot before it all takes effect. Your setting in an .htaccess file in a new directory worked immediately, do I am sticking with that..

http://www.phillyjazz.org/bbring/ring.htm

I am mostly a bebopper, so expect my ring tones to primarily be quotes from very classic jazz tunes. I also (think I) am a funny guy, so I'll add some others by and by ...

Thanks for all the help !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy666
I know this to not be a fact as long as your allowed to add .htaccess files to the directory in question you can add any MIME type you want even if you arent a webmaster. Not only that it is really simple to setup a simple directory structure that even blackberrys will love here let me break it down for you guys.

You create a text file and write in it these following things:
Options +Indexes
addType audio/adpcm adp
The first one allows you to browse the website folders contents and only that folder and the second one adds the mime types for adp simple as that. you can also add these two if you want to be able to upload Jar and Jad files to be able to do over the air downloads:
AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
AddType application/java-archive jar
HOPE THAT HELPS

Last edited by cheesesteak; 05-24-2005 at 09:58 AM..
Old 05-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #278
Lucky Luciano
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles3030
Lucky,
For some reason, i go to your site on my bb, but it just comes up with a blank white screen. I have tried many times, but still have no luck. Please advise on what you think i may be doing wrong.

Thanks....
Try going to http://luckyluciano.completelyfreeho...s/download.php directly from your blackberry browser. It sounds like you aren't being forwarded properly. The above link should do the trick though.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #279
myles3030

Carrier: Tmobile
Talking

Thanks Lucky! That link worked.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:40 PM   #280
buddapaw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT

It seems my BB is unable to support the download feature, this wasn't always the case. Can I get some help?
Closed Thread