BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
Chris P

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers
Default HTML / Jscript app port to bb?

Please Login to Remove!

I have an HTML and JScript calculator that I have developed. It performs calculations based on a number of user inputs in a form.

I have no experience in Java programming but my goal from the beginning was to port this over to blackberry.

Now that I have all of the formulas worked out and have had users try to break it I think I am ready to get started.

So my question is where to start? Is there a GUI that would make the screen design easy and ideally understand my javascript so that I dont have to reinvent the wheel?

I can't see a need for connectivity to anything or any fancy stuff but people need to be able to use it offline so keeping it on the web will not be an option. Besides the one screen where users will enter their parameters I need to be able to set preferences, save those preferences and use those preferences as global variables throughout the various functions.

Hopefully I am not comming from left field and someone can make sense of where I want to go and suggest how to get there.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by Chris P; 08-08-2007 at 08:44 AM..
Old 08-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
Chris P

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

oh... forgot to mention that I have downloaded the SDK, JRE and everything else rim says you need to dev for bb.
Closed Thread