Old 08-02-2007, 01:57 AM   #1
shailendra

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bharti
Question [URGENT] Blackberry Application Development with .Net

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I need help on Application development for blackberry using Visual C#.
As RIM has launched Visual Studio plugin but i dont have much information about application development in C#.I have already installed plugin but dont know how to start with.

I also want to know the internal architecture how BES(Blackberry Enterprise Server) will be used with SIMULATOR ?
Any link to SDK/APIs for Application development in VisualC#?

Can anyone has IDEA for the same?

Any help would be appreciated...
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
brcewane
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

The Visual Studio plugin lets you create MDS applications.. these are a combination of XML and JavaScript that run like a native application on the device.

You would build a C# .NET Web Service that provided access to your backend systems. Then add a BlackBerry project to your solution. From the BlackBerry project you can add a Web Reference to your .NET Web Service.

All the web requests for the web service are performed by the BES on behalf of the device and then securely relayed back to the device. The BES is inside your firewall so you don't have to worry about opening up your firewall for access to the Web Service

The other approach would be creating an ASP.NET application for the BlackBerry Browser.. with this approach you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the offline storage of the device and the store and forward messaging that the MDS Runtime applications allow for.
Closed Thread