BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
entropism
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default New headset time: X3 Micro, HS-655, what else?

Please Login to Remove!

OK, so my Voyager 510 is going down the crapper, and it's time to pick up something new. Whatever I get needs to have an ear hook, as I don't feel comfortable just letting something hold itself in the canal without anything else supporting it.

That being said, I use in-ear headphones, and I would prefer an in the canal solution. I was looking at the Blackberry HS-655, the Blueant X3 Micro, and a few others that caught my eye. Anyone have any recommendations? This will be paired with JUST the one phone, comfort, clarity and wind resistance are my main concerns.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

The jawbone is another very popular headset. My girlfriend and I are both very happy with our jawbone headsets.

Custom Molded Cell Phone Earpiece from AverySound.com with the addition of an earpiece from hear you can make any headset you like in-ear.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
DavidE
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've been trying out the Z9 headset from BlueAnt. It has the ear hook you're looking for. On the downside, the earphone piece fits mostly on (rather than in) the ear canal.

The unit is small and lightweight, with a clip on the back so you can attach it to your shirt or coat when you're not using it. It has a two-microphone system that electronically screens out ambient noise. Works fine with my 7290.

Here's a link: BlueAnt Z9.

DavidE
davidenglish[.]com
classicfilmpreview[.]com
Old 08-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
entropism
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330

Yeah, the Z9 was what I've been waiting for the past few weeks, but I'm hesitant now. I recently got a Nokia BH-800 off ebay (it's real, CompUSA liquidation center) for $15, and while it works well, my ears were just NOT made for earbud type fittings. Never liked earbud headphones as a kid, and the Nokia bud is freakin HUGE.

I think I'll be going for the Samsung WEP410 and order an earhook off the samsung site, might be my best bet. Any other headsets out there use an in-ear solution?
Old 08-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism View Post
Any other headsets out there use an in-ear solution?
Try the Motorola miniBlue H9. This one fits the bill.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:37 PM   #6
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism View Post
OK, so my Voyager 510 is going down the crapper, and it's time to pick up something new. Whatever I get needs to have an ear hook, as I don't feel comfortable just letting something hold itself in the canal without anything else supporting it.

That being said, I use in-ear headphones, and I would prefer an in the canal solution. I was looking at the Blackberry HS-655, the Blueant X3 Micro, and a few others that caught my eye. Anyone have any recommendations? This will be paired with JUST the one phone, comfort, clarity and wind resistance are my main concerns.
Have you considered a dual solution - I keep a wired headset in my car and a BT for other times when it makes some sense. In the car, my callers still loved the wired one for quality on their end.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
Have you considered a dual solution - I keep a wired headset in my car and a BT for other times when it makes some sense. In the car, my callers still loved the wired one for quality on their end.
I totally agree. I have this Plantronics MX505 Mobile Headset that I leave in each of my car (so I don't have to move it). Though Bluetooth Headset makes you look geeky, for me nothing can beat a wired headset when it comes to performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mx500_black.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	8881  

Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #8
AlexKidd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesecatt View Post
I totally agree. I have this Plantronics MX505 Mobile Headset that I leave in each of my car (so I don't have to move it). Though Bluetooth Headset makes you look geeky, for me nothing can beat a wired headset when it comes to performance.
Plantronics makes the best wired headsets anywhere. I have one of the tube style ones with the behind-the-neck style that i use at home while I work - paid like $80 for it. I remember using one of these back when I worked in a call center and know they're worth every penny. Too bad it doesn't work with my curve because ot the 3.5mm jack. I saw Seido sells a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter which I might buy in the near future to fix that problem.

--Kidd
Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 AM   #9
mgo805

Model: 8830
Default What about the Boom?

I've been reading good things about The Boom as a wired headset. Anyone have experience with it?
Closed Thread