Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Rob1679

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default 8703e Signal Strength 1XVE vs 1X at Home

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BlackBerry 8703e through Verizon Wireless. Works fantastic everywhere in South Carolina and North Carolina...both for data and phone. However in my house it constantly struggles to keep the 1XEV signal strength...instead going to 1X signal. Causing the battery to drain quicker, as well as not allowing all phone calls and email capabilities. Which is a major problem since home office is in my house. I have done the soft resets and even a hard reset...but nothing seems to change signal effectiveness in house. Is a signal extender/repeater the only solution or are there others. I am a BIS customer. Looking for any help/suggestions, etc...
Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to
Carrier: AT&T

I am a VZ customer also. Try doing a *228, when the recording starts press 2. This is an OTA programming that keeps your phone software updated. Do this once a month. VZ is always making changes to their network, and this will keep your phone software updated. I also have simular problems in the Chicago area. You might be just the right distance away from a tower to where the signal is weak.

If the *228 does not yield any results get on the phone with VZ customer service. I have found them to be very responsive to these issues. Hope this helps
Old 09-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
slines
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9600
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I was having trouble with my 8703e a few weeks ago and called VZW they did a bunch of stuff on there end and it seemed to fix it for a little while. But the same problems came back I was missing calls and not getting any notification and I was not getting my voice mail. Finally they just sent me a new phone/refurbished looks brand new I will see what happens from there. I did notice on my phone when you remove the back cover there is supposed to be a white square that turns red if it gets wet. Well I live in Wisconsin and thought it was strange since I have never ever got this wet I carry it in my front pocket and it has never been were there is a lot of moisture like a shower/bathroom. mine turned red go figure.
Closed Thread