BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
Tchocky

Model: 8100
Carrier: T Mobile
Default The Pearl, Bluetooth 2.0 and the S9

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 1st generation Pearl which I've had for about 12 months now. I have yet to use the bluetooth capability. I want to purchase the Motorola S9 Bluetooth headset. The specs say this headset will only work with Bluetooth 2.0 devices. How do I find out whether or not my Pearl has Bluetooth 2.0 or not? Does anyone here use this bluetooth headset with their blackberry?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

The 8100 does have bluetooth 2.0. Sorry i dont know much about the S9 though. But once again the Pearl has 2.0.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
Tchocky

Carrier: T Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonbomb1987 View Post
The 8100 does have bluetooth 2.0. Sorry i dont know much about the S9 though. But once again the Pearl has 2.0.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Np.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
shawnc
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular

Don't know about BT2 or not, but there is no A2DP support on the Pearl, which means no stereo BT for your S9's.

BTW, what the heck ever happened with the Pearl getting A2DP? I remember when I first started visiting this site there were many (including myself) who was anxiously awaiting the OS update that will add this capability. Kind of sucks that we are still waiting. Seems like folks have even stopped talking about it.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:45 AM   #6
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
Don't know about BT2 or not, but there is no A2DP support on the Pearl, which means no stereo BT for your S9's.

BTW, what the heck ever happened with the Pearl getting A2DP? I remember when I first started visiting this site there were many (including myself) who was anxiously awaiting the OS update that will add this capability. Kind of sucks that we are still waiting. Seems like folks have even stopped talking about it.
If you go to TMos site, the red pearl says it supports bluetooth stereo, but for some reason its the only one. Who knows what RIM is doing about it.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
shawnc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonbomb1987 View Post
If you go to TMos site, the red pearl says it supports bluetooth stereo, but for some reason its the only one. Who knows what RIM is doing about it.
Man this stuff is overwhelming for a non-techie. I thought A2DP was imperative for stereo BT, and I thought A2DP was supported by the OS, AND I thought the latest OS was 4.2.1 something or other (regardless of carrier) and that 4.4.2 was needed for A2DP.

Geez, I get a headache just TYPING all the scenario's. Anyway, thanx for the info canonbomb. I'm in Monroeville. Which part of P-Burgh are you from?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #8
djxedxd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon

i have the s9's and can assure you they don't fricken work.Got em cause some other jerkoff said he got his to pair but was full of it . When i called him on it his story changed from they work to oh i meant mono with dollars5mediaplayer.com to not replying at all.HEH and A2DPwill have to be someones homebrew thing cause with the curve coming out yesterday and the pearl 2 on its way no ones gonna give a crap bout riggin up our pearls no more .But ya........................
Old 09-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #9
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxedxd View Post
i have the s9's and can assure you they don't fricken work.Got em cause some other jerkoff said he got his to pair but was full of it . When i called him on it his story changed from they work to oh i meant mono with dollars5mediaplayer.com to not replying at all.HEH and A2DPwill have to be someones homebrew thing cause with the curve coming out yesterday and the pearl 2 on its way no ones gonna give a crap bout riggin up our pearls no more .But ya........................
Supposedly 4.2.2 is suppose to support A2DP. Only time will tell. BT 2.0 doesnt necessarily mean stereo bluetooth. Keep your fingers crossed for A2DP
support on the next OS coming out.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
Man this stuff is overwhelming for a non-techie. I thought A2DP was imperative for stereo BT, and I thought A2DP was supported by the OS, AND I thought the latest OS was 4.2.1 something or other (regardless of carrier) and that 4.4.2 was needed for A2DP.

Geez, I get a headache just TYPING all the scenario's. Anyway, thanx for the info canonbomb. I'm in Monroeville. Which part of P-Burgh are you from?
You thought correct. A2DP is needed for stereo bluetooth. The latest OS doesnt suppost A2DP, and hopefully the next one will have A2DP support.

I live in Canonsburg but go to college in Erie.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #11
johnnyshu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100
Default right and wrong

I used to have a pearl(which I am going back to) and when I had it I had a music program. I think it was dollar media player or something like that. But that sent all sound to a bluetooth. i was using a nokia bh700 at the time and i could listen to my music via my bluetooth. Just a thought.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:55 PM   #12
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshu View Post
I used to have a pearl(which I am going back to) and when I had it I had a music program. I think it was dollar media player or something like that. But that sent all sound to a bluetooth. i was using a nokia bh700 at the time and i could listen to my music via my bluetooth. Just a thought.
only mono sound thought. it is dollar5's media player with updated OS.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #13
johnnyshu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100
Default Check page either 34 or 35

Props to Dollars5 support thats what the link says but it takes you to their website
Closed Thread