BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
txhotboy

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default How can i get my software on my BB curve?

Please Login to Remove!

i have the new BB 8320 and i was wondering how can i get my apps and games and stuff i download on my phone... i've already downloaded the Desktop Manager to my PC... what do i do after that? i see something that i wanna download and i download it to my pc then im confused after that. Like if i need to unzip something. i know i need to extract it, but then what? can someone PLEASE help me
Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Once you've installed the Desktop Manager, then go to TMobile Upgrade and download and install the handheld OS installation file to your PC. Then you'll be able to load 3rd party apps.

To load 3rd party apps via desktop manager simply download the app, unzip it if necessary. Place the .alx and .cod files in a folder somewhere you won't delete them. Then plug in BB, open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader. AL will read whats on your device (if you installed the OS package as described above) and you can use the "add" button to browse to the .alx file you downloaded. finish the installation.

Also, you can download applications over the air using .jar/.jad files. That's really the easiest way.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhotboy View Post
i have the new BB 8320 and i was wondering how can i get my apps and games and stuff i download on my phone... i've already downloaded the Desktop Manager to my PC... what do i do after that? i see something that i wanna download and i download it to my pc then im confused after that. Like if i need to unzip something. i know i need to extract it, but then what? can someone PLEASE help me

After you have unzipped it connect your BB to the PC and on the Desktop Manager click the Application Loader. You should see the application you have recently installed on your PC, select it and load.

If you look most programs have an OTA (Over the Air) install available. This is much simpler as you just have to direct your browser to the link and click install on the Handheld.

Good luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 10-15-2007, 06:19 AM   #4
richardw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Once you've installed the Desktop Manager, then go to TMobile Upgrade and download and install the handheld OS installation file to your PC. Then you'll be able to load 3rd party apps.
This seems to be new to the Curve install or is it just that I had to reinstall b----y Windoz to get the Desktop to install. GRRR!!!

Any ideas where to get the install for Vodafone UK? I looked on the Vodafone/BB site but only the 8100 was on offer which didn't sound such a good idea.

FWIW Vodafone support were completely useless when I reported that third party apps would not install. This is the third BB I have had so I have some experience.

Vodafone insisted that BB was only for email and not third party so they would never support etc etc.

As you say OTA works just fine but not all apps seem to support this e.g. Splash ID

Any ideas would be most welcome

Richard
8310 Curve
Closed Thread