greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemiolia View Post
I'm not completely convinced that RIM improved the build quality of the 8300/8320 over other previous models (8100/8800).

For example, the frictionized rubbery part on the right side of the phone, right in between the minus (-) side button and the right convenience key, there is about an inch of area there that I can press down on very lightly and feels very loose. An invitation for dust to collect under the screen.

Anyone else experience this? Should this be a major concern for me?

P.S. Are the 8320s made both in Canada and Mexico? Mine is from Mexico.

This is the exact area you will see dust migrate under the screen. I have never seen an 83xx series that did not get dust under the screen in this area. Might be a week or a month, this is a continuing problem with this model. The 8700 had it's dust problems when it first came out but they fixed it. I suspect the 8310 will have the same problems. I am on my second week and so far no detectable dust.

I know that 20 of you will now post and say you have no dust under your 8300 screen.

Save it for someone else!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 PM   #42
mgalloway

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Dust

My only complaint is the dust. I have lived with it for a while, but will be cracking the case to clear it out shortly. It is getting pretty bad.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #43
painpour
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: 321859CA
Carrier: SPRINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooks88 View Post
right side of my 8300 sqeaks similar to the 8800 squeak. other than that, it is flawless.
I thought mine was the only one. That squeak drives me nuts..lol

Last edited by painpour; 10-25-2007 at 04:19 PM..
Old 10-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #44
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

My Mexican made 8320 has the same issue where I can press down the area between the i/- key ad the esc key. The area beneath the shift keys will also compress if I press it since there's a tiny gap beween the grey and the rubber.

However, the keyboard itself has no play at all, so I wouldn't even notice that the grey faceplate depresses if it hadn't been mentioned here. My phone feels very solid. Absolutely love it.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #45
goldstar

Model: 8320
Carrier: Tmobile

My pearl is being retired due to poor build quality (squeaky side rails, loose battery door, lint collecting under the trackball, a few keys are behaving flaky). Sounds like the Curve has all these issues too? In the beginning I thought I can live with the problems, but after a few months I felt like throwing the phone against the wall. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #46
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstar View Post
My pearl is being retired due to poor build quality (squeaky side rails, loose battery door, lint collecting under the trackball, a few keys are behaving flaky). Sounds like the Curve has all these issues too? In the beginning I thought I can live with the problems, but after a few months I felt like throwing the phone against the wall. Just my 2 cents.
3 weeks in, and mine has none of these problems. Lint under the trackball should be just a matter of time, but the other things aren't showing so far.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #47
jstodda79
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 241E85A8
Carrier: I work for T-Mobile!!

Easy way to fix bad quality issues..... Call Tmo and tell them your 5 button doesnt work. They will have you reset, remove battery, blah blah blah, but in the end, they will send you a nice clean new phone. Backup yours, restore the new one, and presto....

My advice... do this often as usually it will reset the warranty Dont tell anyone I told you

If you try to tell them its bad quality or the connection is bad youll get sent to tech support and thats a HUGE hassle.. the 5 button is a surefire replacement
Old 10-25-2007, 10:57 PM   #48
jhaedin_brennyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

One thing that I can say is that the build on the Curve is better than the Pearl. On my pearl I had too get it replaced a lot of time and everyone of the mute buttons was super loose. That's one complaint I haven't heard about the curve.

The dymond Mama
Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #49
Casper TFG
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: o2 UK

My keyboard waggles real bad.. and the track ball makes no confidence click,

P**ses me off, this is my 2nd now 1st one knocked out ALL of last week for me as it would not a) pick up GPRS and when it did, would NEVER receive service books.. (first ones keyboard was FINE though....

Guys at the store must LOVE me.. after the Palm 750v (total dog..) I returned, I will be asking them to order in handset number 4 for me tomorrow..

Old 10-27-2007, 02:51 AM   #50
grandad
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Orange UK

Didn't really notice build quality until I had to take it apart (or so I thought) to replace a damaged screen - it's a very fragile looking case!
Closed Thread