BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #221
anesone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I really enjoy using your app, and am looking forward to the improvements mentioned above.

Another suggestion I would like to add is to make it possible to hit the spacebar to pause/play the current track. I have found myself just hitting the trackball, but the tracks had advanced since I last used the trackball, so I end up starting a previous track over again.

This could also be fixed by automatically advancing the selection bar to highlight the currently playing track.

One last item for now, would it be possible to map the mute/pause function to the BlackBerry's mute button. This comes in very handy when I have my BB in my pocket (in its sleeve). I can just hit that exposed button to mute/pause the track instead of having to take out the device from my pocket and its sleeve to find the "m" button or scroll the trackball down to the current track to pause it.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #222
fizzleation
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by anesone View Post
Another suggestion I would like to add is to make it possible to hit the spacebar to pause/play the current track. I have found myself just hitting the trackball, but the tracks had advanced since I last used the trackball, so I end up starting a previous track over again.

This could also be fixed by automatically advancing the selection bar to highlight the currently playing track.

One last item for now, would it be possible to map the mute/pause function to the BlackBerry's mute button. This comes in very handy when I have my BB in my pocket (in its sleeve). I can just hit that exposed button to mute/pause the track instead of having to take out the device from my pocket and its sleeve to find the "m" button or scroll the trackball down to the current track to pause it.
two great suggestions!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #223
Lee2706
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

just got a Curve 8310 - looking forward to trying it out
Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #224
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

just picked up the latest version. works great so far.

Last edited by mrking; 10-30-2007 at 02:17 PM..
Old 10-30-2007, 03:32 PM   #225
pmilkes

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Does anyone know of a way to hear music files on a 8830 via the BlueTooth headset?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:10 AM   #226
hrangil

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

How about a graphic EQ, tone presets or at least some tone controls?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:36 AM   #227
Lifestyles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: 24D2ED97
Carrier: Rogers
Default HEAR HEAR on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrangil View Post
How about a graphic EQ, tone presets or at least some tone controls?
I was thinking that exact same thing... Big time... even something basic would be better than nothing... Presets would be acceptable

Good call

950, 957, 6710, 7100, 7210, 8700, 8300, 8310, BOLD 9000, 9800 Torch BBZ10/32GB PlayBook/32GB HP TouchPad
Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 PM   #228
CurtC

Model: 8800

I downloaded the 0.97 Beta 5 version, and when I try to run it, I get a warning that the application xplayer is trying to access phone logs, and whether I agree to give it permission. I say "No" and then I see the error: "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n."

Is there a valid reason that xplayer needs to access my phone logs?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:44 AM   #229
xxxdev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
I downloaded the 0.97 Beta 5 version, and when I try to run it, I get a warning that the application xplayer is trying to access phone logs, and whether I agree to give it permission. I say "No" and then I see the error: "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n."

Is there a valid reason that xplayer needs to access my phone logs?
IS NOT PHONE LOGS, IT IS RIM"S MISTAKE,

application needs to listern phone events to puase playback properly

Regards,
Old 11-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #230
CBR900RR
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Tmobile

That make sense, thanks for the excellent application.

Quote:
IS NOT PHONE LOGS, IT IS RIM"S MISTAKE,

application needs to listern phone events to puase playback properly

Regards,
Old 11-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #231
jleebiker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Error message

I d/l build 220807 v.0.93 BETA from the link on the main page of this thread. It installed just fine. When I try and use it, I get:
Uncaught exception:net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAcce ssException
Only option is OK.
It never asks to access phone logs.

I've got a brand new 8310 from AT&T.
Software= v.4.2.2.89 (Platform 2.4.0.39)

The only thing I have installed is the latest version of Google Maps.
I've done a warm reboot.

Any ideas? I'm DIEING to try this!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 AM   #232
xxxdev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleebiker View Post
I d/l build 220807 v.0.93 BETA from the link on the main page of this thread. It installed just fine. When I try and use it, I get:
Uncaught exception:net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAcce ssException
Only option is OK.
It never asks to access phone logs.

I've got a brand new 8310 from AT&T.
Software= v.4.2.2.89 (Platform 2.4.0.39)

The only thing I have installed is the latest version of Google Maps.
I've done a warm reboot.

Any ideas? I'm DIEING to try this!
BETA 0.97 is available, please try it out
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #233
jleebiker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default No luck

Just D/L the latest directly from the website and installed via Desktop Manager. Still no work. I haven't done a warm reboot yet. Could try that. Might try the WAP download if that doesn't work.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #234
jleebiker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default It's working now

Don't know what happened, but it's working now with the latest version. Thanks!

One question though. I've got about 900MB of MP3's to import and told it to add the folder they reside in. How long should this take? It seems to take forever. I eventually just go to the "Add File" option and Select All and add the files that way.

The play lists are SWEET! Once you get it populated, it's instant how fast it brings up all the songs for the particular playlist.

Nice app! Thanks!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #235
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleebiker View Post
One question though. I've got about 900MB of MP3's to import and told it to add the folder they reside in. How long should this take? It seems to take forever. I eventually just go to the "Add File" option and Select All and add the files that way.
I have the same speed issue, but even with adding files. In my case I need to pick and choose tracks from 10 folders containing about 70 tracks each. It can take 10 or 20 seconds to get into a folder, or to browse back up to get down into a different one.

I'm not sure this is an xPlayer issue - it's just as slow using the Explore option in the standard Media application, although I haven't actually timed it.

No idea what the Blackberry is doing during this time. You'd think it would be quick to open a folder that contains nothing but more folders, but it's still really slow. Makes me think the OS is counting/sorting the files it finds in all the subfolders, or something. Or perhaps it just has a really inefficient file system.

If it just can't be fixed, then a search function would assist me, so long as it didn't have the same problem.

Last edited by pshute; 11-09-2007 at 10:25 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 01:25 AM   #236
perpetualjon
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think I may have found a small bug. I loaded some tunes from a folder I coped on my MicroSD card. Then, some time later, I deleted that folder (since I didn't need it anymore). Now, when I try and add songs <by file> I get an error message and it looks like it's trying to load from that now deleted folder and can't find anything. I guess it automatically remembers the previous folder location for the next time you want to add files but doesn't seem to know what to do if that location is no longer there... Still, a very useful program for me.

As a side note, I was DJ-ing a wedding last week and needed to setup two separate locations: the ceremony, and the reception. Since I normally use a laptop for playback and mixing, I was hoping to avoid setting up two complete systems. I decided to use my Curve for the playback during the ceremony since it was only 5 songs. It was nice that I could just straight attach the sound system via a standard phone jack on my Curve and go to town. The problem was that I didn't want to mess up the playlist and "now playing" location on the built-in RIM media player. So, since I had this player installed, I used it for the ceremony without a hitch! It was nice to have to separate media players on my phone to work with. Never would I have thought that I would wind up using my phone to play music for a wedding!!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #237
semaj

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I will be using htis primarily once internet radio is working as I CANNOT FIND any good software that works for my 8320. I also would love ot me able to play windows mobile file sin here like asx
Old 11-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #238
semaj

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

i have 3 gigs of music and it takes so long ot load i am not sure if it froze or if it is still trying to load it. i cant even browse the folder
Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #239
jleebiker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Few issues

I've been using this for a few days and here are my observations. Please correct me if I am doing something wrong.
1) Speed of loading files if doing the Select Folder option. Takes forever and never seems to finish successfully.
2) Would be nice if you could search a playlist for a song like the bundled media player.
3) Would be nice if Mute and Vol+/- buttons would work even when xplayer is in the background. The bundled media player works like this.
4) When on Shuffle mode, would be nice to be able to go to the current song to pause it. Right now, if you start on a song, and then let it play, and want to pause, it will start the song that is highlighted, not the song that is currently playing. You have to find the song that is playing, highlight it and then pause it.

Don't know how difficult it would be to implement the above. Thanks for the great app so far!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #240
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmilkes View Post
Does anyone know of a way to hear music files on a 8830 via the BlueTooth headset?
I've heard that an OS upgrade can fix this, but I don't know any details.
Closed Thread