Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #121
ImportSport
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: 317A6B02
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I would like to confirm that my searches are now working very well. I used it this weekend to find a radio shack hidden in a nearby strip mall
Old 11-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #122
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (7100T: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.9751/204; U; en))

Just checked this out and so far I love it!! Very cool app.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #123
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
This is what happened to me. I am in Georgia and was getting addresses in different states. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seemed to work.
I just tried this and still the same results.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:40 AM   #124
roverradio

LSMobile: To update you on a weird problem... if I search for McDonald's near my address, the closest store I get is is 10 miles away.

When I use Category/Fast Food, it shows me the correct (and closer McDonald's), starting at 3 miles away.

I have confirmed they are spelled the same way, etc. For some reason searching near the address doesn't return the same results as the Category search.

Are you able to track this, or is this a site to send feedback/bugtracker?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:47 AM   #125
roverradio

MRking: Try clearing the cache to see if that helps. From LS home, select Options then Clear History and Restart, and while you're at it try to Reset Defaults and restart too. Dunno...maybe that will help.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #126
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverradio View Post
MRking: Try clearing the cache to see if that helps. From LS home, select Options then Clear History and Restart, and while you're at it try to Reset Defaults and restart too. Dunno...maybe that will help.
Thanks, just tried that to no avail. :(

Will have to wait for next beta rev I assume. Funny thing is that it used to work.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #127
bulldoggy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Very impressive app! Works great. Looking forward to additional updates. Look out Google...
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #128
Crash Test
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMobile View Post
The network detection should have set the connection mode to Direct HTTP since it is the preferred option when it is possible. But the network detection test may fail if it is impossible to connect to the server when you run it (no coverage, too many transmission errors, server not responding...). In this case you can either set the connection manually or use the "Restore to defaults" feature to erase all data and redo the network detection.

Nothing works for me. I've tried all the network settings and still can't communicate.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #129
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

when is the next rev for this app that works properly outside of the US?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #130
dofficer

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I had some success with Live Search in my 8320 w/ T-Mobile and Freedom Mini GPS puck but I do get disconnection more often and had to start over again to get the new position with GPS receiver.

When that happen, the GPS tracking stop and kept getting this message. "Your current position is not available. Using last known position". Then I would have to go back to Home and select Options and select Configure GPS and select Disabled for GPS receiver and save the change then go back to enable Blackberry GPS and it shows a popup message saying " We will now initialize GPS with your new configuration". Then go back to Map and select Start GPS tracking and it will start to pick up the new position to begin tracking.

I'm having more success with Telenav using track me feature and Telenav would retry to pick up the new location when I'm in a weak network coverage to continue GPS tracking. Maybe Live Search need to do the same thing? Or is that related to 4.2 OS Bluetooth w/ GPS puck issue? Also I noticed that Telenav has GPS source option for Internal GPS or Bluetooth GPS. Is it possible to add that option for Live Search?

I really like the Live Search map much better than Blackberry Map and Telenav map. The point of interest information is very nice. It even shows Metro station in Washington, DC. Quite impressive.

Last edited by dofficer; 11-18-2007 at 06:57 AM..
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 AM   #131
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dofficer View Post
I had some success with Live Search in my 8320 w/ T-Mobile and Freedom Mini GPS puck but I do get disconnection more often and had to start over again to get the new position with GPS receiver.

When that happen, the GPS tracking stop and kept getting this message. "Your current position is not available. Using last known position". Then I would have to go back to Home and select Options and select Configure GPS and select Disabled for GPS receiver and save the change then go back to enable Blackberry GPS and it shows a popup message saying " We will now initialize GPS with your new configuration". Then go back to Map and select Start GPS tracking and it will start to pick up the new position to begin tracking.

I'm having more success with Telenav using track me feature and Telenav would retry to pick up the new location when I'm in a weak network coverage to continue GPS tracking. Maybe Live Search need to do the same thing? Or is that related to 4.2 OS Bluetooth w/ GPS puck issue? Also I noticed that Telenav has GPS source option for Internal GPS or Bluetooth GPS. Is it possible to add that option for Live Search?

I really like the Live Search map much better than Blackberry Map and Telenav map. The point of interest information is very nice. It even shows Metro station in Washington, DC. Quite impressive.

They are watching this thread so thanks for the info for them.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #132
dejanh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Same problem as a couple of people here. I am with Bell in Canada, just got a new 8130 and the application downloads and runs fine, but it hangs at "Requesting data..." with an error "Sorry we can't download the application data. Please check your network connection."

I have tried all the settings I could think of and nothing works.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #133
Jase88
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PlayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
Same problem as a couple of people here. I am with Bell in Canada, just got a new 8130 and the application downloads and runs fine, but it hangs at "Requesting data..." with an error "Sorry we can't download the application data. Please check your network connection."

I have tried all the settings I could think of and nothing works.

Same issue for me. However, I've got an 8830 with Bell Mobility.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #134
dejanh
Thumbs Must Hurt

It is very annoying. I think it is happening because Bell disables the underlying TCP/IP stack on all of our devices. We have no option of configuring TCP/IP and/or anything related to it. AFAIK, if Telus releases their update to OS 4.3.0.66 then we should be able to download that and install it to expose the stack. I may also contact RIM about this. In terms of this application though, it has the BES/MDS option but again Bell is not supporting this application (confirmed with Bell) so it may be that their damn BES is not allowing a connection to be made through it.

If I do not resolve all of these, and if RIM is not helpful this will be the first and the last time I get a BB.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #135
Jase88
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PlayB

^^ Bell no longer inhibits MDS. I can access network applications without a specific service book: Berry411, Viigo, etc.

Bell doesn't offer specific support for any third party app--but that doesn't mean we can't use them.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #136
dejanh
Thumbs Must Hurt

This one clearly does not work. It cannot establish a network connection. All other providers that people have mentioned here and in other forums work fine.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #137
carrera

Model: 9520
Carrier: o2 Germany

How does this software connect to te internet?

Background: In my Data-Plan every traffic is free as long as it goes over the default BlackBerry APN (Under Option -> TPC is nothing set).

BB-History: 8100 (inactive)/8310/9000/9500
Old 11-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #138
carrera

Model: 9520
Carrier: o2 Germany

Come on! Nobody?

Anybody musst know how the software connects? WAP or over the normal BlackBerry APN?

BB-History: 8100 (inactive)/8310/9000/9500
Old 11-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #139
dejanh
Thumbs Must Hurt

AFAIK BlackBerry APN. That's the reason why us Bell users cannot seem to connect. We do not have and cannot configure the gateway IP/Port/APN.

By the way, for Bell users, after dealing with Bell Data support I was told that RIM should be able to help us get this application going on our BBs. I'll reply with a solution if I manage to get one. In the meantime, if anyone figures anything out let me know.

Also, the following gets logged every time the application fails to connect (direct HTTP and default log all messages, BES/MDS logs the first 4 messages only).

CMM: live_search(4529) no sig from 0x33
net.rim.tunnel - Open
net.rim.tunnel - Kick
net.rim.tunnel - STac
net.rim.tunnel - Open
net.rim.tunnel - Kick
net.rim.tunnel - STac
net.rim.tunnel - Clos
net.rim.tunnel - Clos