Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
fliggie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default Desktop manager and roxio media

Please Login to Remove!

I am wondering if anyone else has experience problems with the Roxio Media program freezing their computer up and/or requiring looonnnggg periods of time to tranfer music--probably took close to 10 minutes apiece for each of the 10 songs I transferred today. Three times yesterday, I had to shut the entire PC down and restart. I have removed and re-installed twice.

Anyone else experiencing this? I assume it is not my 8130, but the program.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
red bioroid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

It may be the Roxio program, my Roxio takes only like 1 minute to move a 10MB song\mp3.

You might want to make sure no other application is using the 8130 resource while Roxio is running(beside the Dektop Manager open but not doing anything)
Old 12-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

You can also just transfer music by dropping and draging them in the mass storage mode.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliggie View Post
I am wondering if anyone else has experience problems with the Roxio Media program freezing their computer up and/or requiring looonnnggg periods of time to tranfer music--probably took close to 10 minutes apiece for each of the 10 songs I transferred today. Three times yesterday, I had to shut the entire PC down and restart. I have removed and re-installed twice.

Anyone else experiencing this? I assume it is not my 8130, but the program.
In my experience, the Roxio program is buggy and unstable in both 4.2 SP2 and 4.3. I was able to use it to transfer some files in 4.2 SP2, but it hung on me a number of times, the folder tree on the left showing the phone folder structure kept losing entries, etc.

Best is 4.2 SP1...the simple media in that release lacks bells and whistles of the Roxio version, but it just works.

Also, if you're just transferring music, attach your Pearl, allow USB storage mode, and use Windows to copy the files over. No need to use Roxio for stuff like that, and it's a lot faster.

Last edited by Danabw; 12-09-2007 at 09:00 PM..
Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
jr!

Model: 9800
Carrier: TELUS

I tried that method, but windows didn't recognize my blackberry.
It generates a drive letter in "my computer" but I can't access it I get the error message "please insert disk..."
Where can I download 4.2 SP1? I to have had issues with Roxio freezing up & tbh I don't want it on my system.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
nhaltezza

Carrier: VZW

Right from Blackberry:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr! View Post
I tried that method, but windows didn't recognize my blackberry.
It generates a drive letter in "my computer" but I can't access it I get the error message "please insert disk..."
Where can I download 4.2 SP1? I to have had issues with Roxio freezing up & tbh I don't want it on my system.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
jr!

Model: 9800
Carrier: TELUS

thanks, got it.
Question does the "please insert disk..." error message mean I have to insert a micro sd card?
I thought I could just copy stuff to the system memory of the Pearl?
Old 01-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
hollowdementia

Carrier: Alltel

Bumping this thread to ask more questions about this issue - Media Manager freezes up every time I've ever tried to open it, so annoying. Could someone give me an explanation of how to use USB storage mode instead to put music on my BB? And do I need to download Desktop Manager 4.2 in order to do this? And if so, do I need to uninstall the newer version I have first?

I'm not entirely smart when it comes to computers, so please to explain as if to a stupid person. Thanks.
Closed Thread