Old 12-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
jevid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Callback number display in text messages

Please Login to Remove!

I just got an 8130 last week. My first every Blackberry and I have to say, it's really cool. I love all the configuration options & have learned a lot reading posts here. One thing I can't figure out (completely) though, is how to control how the callback number is displayed in text messages I receive. When I view a message, at the top of the screen, it will display the contacts name & then "(Mobile)" if it's their mobile number. Underneath that the Date & Time are displayed. Then, underneath that is shows "Callback Number: " and it repeats the persons name and "(Mobile)", but it's all jammed to the right hand side of the screen & wraps multiple times, so this callback section takes up almost the entire screen.

I have found that if you have the cursor in this callback section, while viewing a message, you can press the Blackberry Key & choose "Show Address" and the Callback Number section will now just say "Callback Number: 714...." so it all fits on one line. That's great. And, it seems like if I choose this for one person, the setting sticks for them, but it's not a global setting for everybody.

What I'm wondering is, somewhere, is there a setting to always have received text messages show the callback number instead of repeating the name?

Thanks very much
Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Chiefster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

hummm mine is not jammed to the right like that, just 2 lines between each message with date/time and 2nd line callback number
Old 12-03-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
jevid

Default Screenshot of this issue

Ok, using BBscreen (great tool!) I made a screenshot of the issue. You can see how everything is pushed to the right:

Any ideas?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
chrapojr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

Font Size? Theme?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
jevid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapojr View Post
Font Size? Theme?
It's the same regardless of theme - I tried four different ones. Font size helps, but it seems the "Callback Number" string takes up almost an entire line and there doesn't seem to be a carriage return at the end of it. It seems like it should automatically put the callback name or number on the 2nd line, but it doesn't.

Thanks though!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #6
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevid View Post
It's the same regardless of theme - I tried four different ones. Font size helps, but it seems the "Callback Number" string takes up almost an entire line and there doesn't seem to be a carriage return at the end of it. It seems like it should automatically put the callback name or number on the 2nd line, but it doesn't.

Thanks though!
I have an 8100 so my OS is different. You might want to review your Message view settings

Messages>Menu>Options>General Options (Try some different settings and see if you can change the data displayed.

Good luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 12-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
gregoates

Model: 8130
Default Same Problem

I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
jevid

No, did not. But, I just scrolled through my messages and I have a theory. From some senders, I don't see a call back number or their name, and for some, I actually see the words "Callback Number" and then their name.

My current theory is that the problem stems from my friends who have their phones set to send their callback number. When I'm looking at a message & it says "Callback Number" I can choose options > view address and it shows part of their phone number instead, but this doesn't "stick." I've just learned to live with it, but I still find it annoying!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #9
hrmles1

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevid View Post
I just got an 8130 last week. My first every Blackberry and I have to say, it's really cool. I love all the configuration options & have learned a lot reading posts here. One thing I can't figure out (completely) though, is how to control how the callback number is displayed in text messages I receive. When I view a message, at the top of the screen, it will display the contacts name & then "(Mobile)" if it's their mobile number. Underneath that the Date & Time are displayed. Then, underneath that is shows "Callback Number: " and it repeats the persons name and "(Mobile)", but it's all jammed to the right hand side of the screen & wraps multiple times, so this callback section takes up almost the entire screen.

I have found that if you have the cursor in this callback section, while viewing a message, you can press the Blackberry Key & choose "Show Address" and the Callback Number section will now just say "Callback Number: 714...." so it all fits on one line. That's great. And, it seems like if I choose this for one person, the setting sticks for them, but it's not a global setting for everybody.

What I'm wondering is, somewhere, is there a setting to always have received text messages show the callback number instead of repeating the name?

Thanks very much
Go to options-SMS text-delete your call back number and then save.
Closed Thread