BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 AM   #61
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

The tour hasn't been fully finalized, but it was tough enough to get a spot in there for Guess... getting any more would be really pushing my luck...

fwiw, Mark, I highly doubt that I would even get to beta the electron. RIM certainly won't do it, and it's almost as tough getting it from Rogers.

cd.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #62
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

You could sew on an extra pocket for Jibi to hide in.

@Jibi... Start practicing, "I THINK IM INVISIBLE THEREFORE I AM INVISIBLE".
Old 07-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #63
bb_tech
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
It's not about me having to chill out, or about me needing any spotlight. It's about the *fact* that I know there is not a complete OS for the electron yet. So with that said, how can people play with one? There are circles for icons with some text underneath them, it runs in debug mode with a million and one pop up messages with register values.

cd.
This is so far from the truth. This device is being beta tested internally right now. That is all I am going to say BUT there is a functioning OS on the device.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:41 AM   #64
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_tech
This is so far from the truth. This device is being beta tested internally right now. That is all I am going to say BUT there is a functioning OS on the device.
Then it's come within the last week to this point. I'll make a call later and find out how it's going.

cd.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #65
dolo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon, Cingular
Default Removable Memory a dream?

Quote:
Then it's come within the last week to this point. I'll make a call later and find out how it's going.

cd.
Anyone know of additional product enhancements other then screen and minor innovations?

regards,
dolo
Old 07-20-2005, 03:02 PM   #66
bb_tech
Thumbs Must Hurt

Cool

Quote:

cd.
Actually it has been in internal beta for 1 month now. Perhaps your "source" isn't as good as you thought after all.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #67
jmj
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230

Quote:
Actually it has been in internal beta for 1 month now. Perhaps your "source" isn't as good as you thought after all.
Any idea as to when it would be released to the public?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #68
corey@12mile

Quote:
I think my source is fine... I think my eyes are ok too...

cd.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:05 PM   #69
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

ooh I love pissing contests
Old 07-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #70
XDS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Wirelessly posted (7290: BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

One thing seems strange to me , the way that you suggest RIM employees speak to each other .

This so called RAZBerry And Ellectron could well infact be vapor , but I will say this there WILL deff. be an 8100 serries and 8200 serries BlackBerry !

Regards,

~
Old 07-21-2005, 05:47 AM   #71
smokeyrd

Model: 7520

one thing ive noticed: as far as i know, cpus dont require a certain os to be run. they only require the proper kernel to understand the commands sent by an os. Therefore, if mac were to introduce an os compatible with the BB arcitecture, it would work. in true mac style, it wouldnt have an esc button, an address book, or a power off button, but other than that, it would work just fine. correct me if im wrong.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:18 AM   #72
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyrd
one thing ive noticed: as far as i know, cpus dont require a certain os to be run. they only require the proper kernel to understand the commands sent by an os. Therefore, if mac were to introduce an os compatible with the BB arcitecture, it would work. in true mac style, it wouldnt have an esc button, an address book, or a power off button, but other than that, it would work just fine. correct me if im wrong.
That's pretty much right and wrong at the same time... anyone can write an OS for any CPU provided they understand the way the cpu works, in that I mean registers, io, etc. But to write an OS for a device takes more than just knowledge of the CPU. You have to know about every piece of hardware in the device. You have to know how much memory there is, where to gain access to it, you have to know about the radio chips, you have to know about the display interface.

Sure it would be possible for someone else to write some code that would run on the blackberry, but with the security in place on them, it would be a very very difficult job. As well, the person would find it near impossible to write something that would use the relay and/or bes.

cd.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #73
smokeyrd

Model: 7520

k...sounds about right...can be done, but is a total pain to do it...that sounds like so many things in my life...i can do it, i just dont want to invest the time/money/energy into the project
Old 07-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #74
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyrd
k...sounds about right...can be done, but is a total pain to do it...that sounds like so many things in my life...i can do it, i just dont want to invest the time/money/energy into the project
Amen to that! My life has been in overdrive since the late 90's and I don't see things stopping any time soon.

cd.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:16 AM   #75
simpleSoft

Model: 7100g

Here it is for real! The Moto Q windows Mobile 5...

Select MotoQ to see Flash demo
Old 07-26-2005, 01:03 AM   #76
barjohn

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

It sure looks to be a Blackberry killer to me! Notice the track wheel and escape key on th side and the BB keyboard layout. I am drooling drooling to get my hands on one of these. I'm afraid the Elektron will have to be something else to compete with this phone.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 07-26-2005, 08:08 PM   #77
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Does anyone know whether it'll have push email? Or what the Wiindows Mobile 5.0 software is like? It sure looks cool -- but looks can be deceiving. Any hard facts on why it would be a BB killer as barjohn states?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #78
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

I don't care what else it has. It's not running the Blackberry OS. Simple, intuitive, stable...and I have spent more than enough time with mobile Windows devices to know that when it comes to my email, I want my Blackberry. Now, if that Motorola thing had Blackberry OS on it, and the correct Blackberry keyboard, I'd be all over it. But as it is, I'm looking forward to the Electron.

Speaking of which, those of you that have questions about the Razrberry, there are two or three threads about that already. Let's try to talk about it in those threads and keep the discussion in this thread to the Electron.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:05 AM   #79
corey@12mile

I would imagine the motoq would be supported through goodlink as well as whatever MS is getting ready to roll out. There have been rumours, but we all know how MS is with releasing stuff on time.

cd.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:58 PM   #80
simpleSoft

Model: 7100g

WM5 Exists currently on a select few phones...but until Exchange SP2 it's not a viable BB Killer....yet. Then testing and real world functionality will decide if it gets the moniker of BB Killer. My humble opinion.
Closed Thread