Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
joel2600

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Arrow 1st Activation BESE / Exchange 2003

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all. I'm trying to set up my first BES and I think I've got it mostly right, I just can't get the activation to process.

The BESAdmin account is set up to the best of my knowledge, as is the server. BBSRPTEST and IEMSTEST work fine. BES and EXCH are two separate servers, both domain controllers, and on the same subnet.

I believe everything is set up correctly, but I can't get an account to activate.

I add my first user to the BB Manager from the GAL and that goes into "Initializing".

When I try and do enterprise activation from the phone it just says "Activating...." (how long should this take?) at any rate, that is all the farther it gets.

I tried hooking the device up to the server via the USB cable. I can see the device, however when I try and assign the device to the user i get the "user is not known to blackberry agent" error.

The only thing I can think of that might even contribute is that we have two domain names and everyone has 2 e-mail addresses, one for each domain. I've tried activating the user under both e-mail addresses with the same result.

I just don't feel like when I hit 'enterprise activation' on the phone that my server is getting that request.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can figure out what's not working properly?

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
joel2600

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

so here's a question... when i put an e-mail address into the blackberry to activate it.

how does the request eventually get to my server?

i'm guessing that the request doesn't go directly to my server via some sort of DNS lookup, but probably comes through blackberry's servers to my setup.

how is that connection between my server and blackberry's established, and how do they know to forward that request to my server?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
alwayzurboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: cingular

After you initialize the account did you set a wireless activation password before moving to the handheld?

Did you verify your SRP connection was successful to RIM?

Did you try reboot the server?

Dont mean to be a dick but did you follow the step by step install process and do you have the latest mapi cdo installed?

here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...ks-please.html
Closed Thread