BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
kidguy26
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: pearl
Default please very important question for a newbie ( still )

Please Login to Remove!

in my BB 8100.00 , for each contact i insert mob no , work 1 , work 2 , home , fax......etc

but when i call this contact , there is a step then whe it asks which nomber i want to dial , actually this is not nice , i need to set a default no ( ie mob no) so when i dial this contact it directly dial the mob no

any way to do this ?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

Hi:

Could you clarify a bit more? On my 8830 I have the same kind of entries and if I do a look-up, the person's name comes up and after a nanosecocond, the list of various numbers for that contact opens up, I scroll to the desired number and press either the trackball or the Call key (green phone icon) and it dials the highlighted number.

If I am in the Call Log, press the trackball it asks to select the number I want to dial. However, if in the Call Log and I highlight a previously dialed contact and press the Call key it dials whatever number I had called previously without any other selection.

This is different than your 8100?

SteveTaz
Old 05-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
kidguy26

Hi Steve ,

I got your point , my 8100 does exactly the same , but i want a shortcut with this BB , i just want to tell it that there is a certain no. for this contact ( can name it mob. ) and everytime i click on the name if the contact it calls the mob. no. directly , no need to ask me whether i need to dial the mob or work or home no.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

Sorry.

About all I can offer is the 26 alpha keys to set each one to a speed dial. But if you know more than 26 and/or more than one with each letter in their name that isn't going to work for you.

Hope you find your solution. Maybe there is a third-party software that would work for you?

SteveTaz
Old 05-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

The BB will default to the last number (highlighting it -- not automatically dialing it) you used to call the contact and I don't really see it as an issue to hit the green/send key again in such cases. I guess YMMV on that though.

Other than that, setting up speed dial or using voice dial are your only other alternatives. Well, aside from removing the other contact phone numbers.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
kidguy26

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
The BB will default to the last number (highlighting it -- not automatically dialing it) you used to call the contact and I don't really see it as an issue to hit the green/send key again in such cases. I guess YMMV on that though.

Other than that, setting up speed dial or using voice dial are your only other alternatives. Well, aside from removing the other contact phone numbers.
the problem that i use my BB for work , i have to dial more than 200 numbers each day and it is a hell to sellect which ph. no. for each contact each time i need to make a call !!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
Walt
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

You can make two entries for example "Bob Work" and "Bob Mobile". If you have to do that for hundreds of entries then it probably wouldn't be worth it.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidguy26 View Post
the problem that i use my BB for work , i have to dial more than 200 numbers each day and it is a hell to sellect which ph. no. for each contact each time i need to make a call !!
However, if you always call the same number for the person, after you make the first call to him/her you will be good to go from there on.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
jovan367

Model: 8130
PIN: 3189FBE8
Carrier: us cellular

Especially if they're in your phone log. Just go to it and press talk.
Closed Thread