No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
You lucky Dawg!
I know, its one of the few things that work lol I cant get the bbsync to work cant get some other apps to work so I am glad to have 4.3 running fine.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #22
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I had it working good but every once in a while it would want to delete an appointment or change a time.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
CopyMan

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Default Release Notes for the latest OS (4.2.1.195/4.2.1.110 (CDMA)?

I have called Sprint/Nextel and Blackberry Support and have asked them where are the Release Notes for the latest OS (4.2.1.195/4.2.1.110 (CDMA) and no one knows where they are or IF there are any! I've looked online and there are NO Release Notes mentioned anywhere! Wouldn't you think that the Release Notes would be available alongside the OS so that Blackberry 8703 owners would see what the caveats/improvements are like most companies do!

Would someone please tell me where I can find them?

Thank you!

Last edited by CopyMan; 02-28-2008 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: Spelling error! fine to find
Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #24
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

I have never seen release notes anywhere for any OS. Ever.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #25
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyMan View Post
I have called Sprint/Nextel and Blackberry Support and have asked them where are the Release Notes for the latest OS (4.2.1.195/4.2.1.110 (CDMA) and no one knows where they are or IF there are any! I've looked online and there are NO Release Notes mentioned anywhere! Wouldn't you think that the Release Notes would be available alongside the OS so that Blackberry 8703 owners would see what the caveats/improvements are like most companies do!

Would someone please tell me where I can find them?

Thank you!
as long as I have been around nope I wouldnt expect anything of the sorts.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #26
marlanaleigh

PIN: N/A
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

This worked like a charm, no bumps in the road at all. And it took less than 30 minutes
Thanks for posting step-by-step instructions! This thread helped me out a lot!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #27
bduane

Carrier: Sprint

BEWARE: For me, updated the OS to the latest 4.2 via the Sprint website (on my Sprint 8703e) resulted in losing my BES activation, which was quite annoying for a little while.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #28
jonnn21
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Us Cellular

AHHHHHHHHHHHHh
I loaded this and lost EVERY theme I had and I cant do today themes anymore
the BB today theme is there nad I cant activate it

What did i dont wrong
Old 05-23-2008, 05:42 AM   #29
Hawaiiannights

Carrier: Verizon

Is it ok to load the Sprint version on my Verizon 8703e? Is there a Verizon version out there? Sorry for the lack of knowledge, newbie as you can see.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #30
qwick
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Tour
Carrier: SprintPCS

ok as in will it work? it should if you follow the vendor file steps as this is designed for CDMA as well which reduces the freaking random acts of crashing (aka FRACKs) that you could get with trying a GSM version
Old 05-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #31
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiannights View Post
Is it ok to load the Sprint version on my Verizon 8703e? Is there a Verizon version out there? Sorry for the lack of knowledge, newbie as you can see.
yes it will work just fine just make sure you delete the vendor file in application loader
Old 05-25-2008, 12:45 AM   #32
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb

I loaded the Sprint 4.2.1.110 os in my 8703e (Verizon). I followed your advice and the installation went fine. While everything is working, (I did have to re-register a few of my 3rd party apps), I do not see any of the enhancements that you have listed.

I do not use BB Maps as I prefer Google Maps, and I don't listen to wav files, so I cannot comment on these. I checked all the other items on your list and do not see anything that is different from the older os. In Options / About, I see the correct OS version number for the Sprint OS.

Any thoughts? I have lost no functionality, but there does not seem to be any visible changes, All my 3rd party software works the same as before

BTW: I liked your old Avatar/Personal Icon better than the current one.

Thanks

Last edited by hudres; 05-25-2008 at 12:46 AM..
Old 05-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #33
Fig

Anyone having a problem with Bluetooth? I have a Sprint 8703e. I lost my old bb in the lake so had to get another one through insurance. When the new one came, I put this version of the o.s., and all my apps back on. Everything works fine, except for Bluetooth. My headphone was working fine with the old bb, and with the new one is connecting and then disconnecting about once a min. It's extremely frustrating, and I am trying to narrow down if it's the o.s. or the new bb. Especially with the laws in Ca. requiring us to use a wireless connection when driving coming right up.

So has anyone had a Bluetooth problem with this version of the o.s. or should I try getting another replacement bb?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #34
jdvegas123

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel/Sprint

If my 8703e is running on a BES how will this affect the bb if I install the new OS? Will I have to hand it over to IT so they can do another enterprise activation or will there be no issues?
Old 05-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #35
Hawaiiannights

Ok so I upgraded the software on my Verizon BB 8703e to version 4.2.11.1 and after doing so, I got disconnected from the BES and could not get reconnected. Ultimately I was instructed to do a wipe on my BB which erased all my data including my checkbook, photos, everything.... it took me a whole day to get everything back the way it was.
They told me I lost the connection because I used the Desktop Manager, and to never use it. As every time I do I will be disconnected from the BES. Is that true?? WTF?
They said if I want to install anything, to email to myself and not to connect the Desktop manager. That means I can't back up my BB either? Please tell me this isn't so.

Also now I have the issue when I send messages I get the RED "X" and the message saying "unlisted message error". To make it worse I can no longer read Japanese emails when I could before. Ok, I 100% regret updating my software. I thought it would be better but is it 100% worse now and I can't fix many of the problems!! Any help anyone??? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #36
dpeters11
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530

Quote:
Ok so I upgraded the software on my Verizon BB 8703e to version 4.2.11.1 and after doing so, I got disconnected from the BES and could not get reconnected. Ultimately I was instructed to do a wipe on my BB which erased all my data including my checkbook, photos, everything.... it took me a whole day to get everything back the way it was.
They told me I lost the connection because I used the Desktop Manager, and to never use it. As every time I do I will be disconnected from the BES. Is that true?? WTF?
They said if I want to install anything, to email to myself and not to connect the Desktop manager. That means I can't back up my BB either? Please tell me this isn't so.

Also now I have the issue when I send messages I get the RED "X" and the message saying "unlisted message error". To make it worse I can no longer read Japanese emails when I could before. Ok, I 100% regret updating my software. I thought it would be better but is it 100% worse now and I can't fix many of the problems!! Any help anyone??? Thanks in advance!
I've never heard of not being able to use the Desktop Manager to backup and such. If you have an old version, though, that can cause issues. I have the Sprint OS on my Verizon with no issue.

As for the Unlisted message error, that could be several things. Do all sent messages fail? If so, make sure the Send As rights on your Exchange account are set for the BESAdmin account. If you have a special account, like being an admin, you can set the send as but it will be revoked. The best way to deal with this is to have two accounts, one regular user and another admin account. If you can send to some, but not to others then that is a different issue, maybe corrupt mapi profile on the BES.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #37
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:

99.9% of the time you do not need to wipe your device to reconnect it to the BES after an upgrade. I've upgraded quite a few devices and after the upgrade is complete the device just needs to run the Enterprise Activation (sans a wipe).

Also.....did you contact your IT department before doing this upgrade? That would have been the best path to take.... It 's possible you have a vindictive BES Admin who got ticked off you upgraded the device on your own. I could be wrong, though.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #38
ObliteRon

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

FYI, I just noticed today that Verizon Wireless now offers this exact version, via the normal download site:

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/
Old 06-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #39
Fig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig View Post
Anyone having a problem with Bluetooth? I have a Sprint 8703e. I lost my old bb in the lake so had to get another one through insurance. When the new one came, I put this version of the o.s., and all my apps back on. Everything works fine, except for Bluetooth. My headphone was working fine with the old bb, and with the new one is connecting and then disconnecting about once a min. It's extremely frustrating, and I am trying to narrow down if it's the o.s. or the new bb. Especially with the laws in Ca. requiring us to use a wireless connection when driving coming right up.

So has anyone had a Bluetooth problem with this version of the o.s. or should I try getting another replacement bb?
To follow up to my own post. I took the phone in to the local store, and they are ordering a replacement. I tried two different bluetooth headsets and they both would connect and disconnect. They hadn't seen this error in the store, so we assume it's just a defective bb.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:41 AM   #40
Winfordel

Model: 8703
Carrier: US Cellular

I tried to download the OS upgrade, however, I could not fine the vendor.xml file. Furthermore, when I connected the USB cable it did not give me the prompt to upgrade my current version. What should I do?
Closed Thread