Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
kjamka

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8130 Partial White Screen

Please Login to Remove!

I have what seems to be an intermittent problem. Sometimes the screen is half white; showing only a portion of my background. This only occurs occasionally, and only when removing from my holster. When this happens I have to move the trackball in order to wipe away the white. After that my regulary backgroun is revealed and evrything operates fine. I don't have any programs installed on it, and the memory seems to be fine.

I have searched for answers to this but have not found any. I have about five days before my 30 day free replacement is up and am wondering if this is a real problem or just something I have to live with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
Old 05-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamka View Post
I have what seems to be an intermittent problem. Sometimes the screen is half white; showing only a portion of my background. This only occurs occasionally, and only when removing from my holster. When this happens I have to move the trackball in order to wipe away the white. After that my regulary backgroun is revealed and evrything operates fine. I don't have any programs installed on it, and the memory seems to be fine.

I have searched for answers to this but have not found any. I have about five days before my 30 day free replacement is up and am wondering if this is a real problem or just something I have to live with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
A couple of things to consider..... If you have any doubts then back it up and exchange at the store.

If you background is a picture and it's stored on the memory card this problem would not concern me. You state that you are fine on memory but how long has it been since your last hard reset (battery pull while device is ON)?

My screen will glitch ever so often but it's usually related to BBSmartview or appointment reminders.

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 05-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
ridinburton

Model: Tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same thing happen to mine.. (8130 w/ Verizon) Seems to happen when I get off a phone call and I dont press the hang up button just they do.. Doesn't seem to be a serious problem, probably something they will fix in 4.5.
Closed Thread