BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #21
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Let me guess, you always did what the "cool" kids were doing for no other reason, didn't you?

I'm saying that if you have technical reasons, fine, great. "Because Cisco does it, it's better" is not an argument. That's bandwagon mentality. Grow up.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:43 PM   #22
VprV10

Model: 7520

Yup who would want a damned email pager! Last night while driving to atlantic city I got a call from work on my nextel 7520. pulled off to the shoulder. signed on to my servers couple commands and poof everything up and running again. DC'd the boss man, done! no cancelling the nights activities. spent a total of 7 minutes on the side of the road. and the best part, I still got my three hour minimium call out pay. yup no email pager for me.
VPR
Old 09-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #23
Good_Guy

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogers
Let me guess, you always did what the "cool" kids were doing for no other reason, didn't you?

I'm saying that if you have technical reasons, fine, great. "Because Cisco does it, it's better" is not an argument. That's bandwagon mentality. Grow up.
I hate to tell you, but that bandwagon mentallity is one of the biggest factors there is behind RIMM's growth. Not going to say grow up, but rather open your eyes.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:59 PM   #24
stevenyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: lots
Carrier: t-mobile

I agree completely. It sure isn't quality of the product that made RIM. DOS was pretty big in its day, too.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #25
bbmember
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Guy
Not BS.
Look Good_Guy, BES is used is far far far far more places than Goodlink. Cisco is not the ultimate judge of everything. Just because people at Cisco are using something doesn't mean they have to be the greatest and the best. Obvisously I am sure that many companies and Government much much bigger than Cisco are using BES (I personally don't think too many people at Cisco use it either. If this was that large Good's CEO would have told us the number of subscribers they have currently). There are more than 3 million subscribers of Blackberry. So stop wining all the time. All people who offered suggestions were talking about their personal experience of using a blackberry. Now no matter how much you keep complaining thats not going to change. So that argument is completely BS.

Last edited by bbmember; 09-01-2005 at 06:20 PM..
Old 09-01-2005, 06:27 PM   #26
bbmember
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Guy
I hate to tell you, but that bandwagon mentallity is one of the biggest factors there is behind RIMM's growth. Not going to say grow up, but rather open your eyes.
Come on this is an Enterprise market not a Consumer one. Let me tell you no CIO of a company would ever have such a mentality. It is after careful testing and evaluation of a product do they approve to buy something.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #27
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenyc
It sure isn't quality of the product that made RIM.
The 7520 i use is the best thing since slice bread if you say it isnt quality then I dont know what quality is. Ive owned every palm availble since they came out none of which with stood the harsh enviroments I subjected them too. By Far my 7520 by nextel has withstood many many many drops from over six feet three submerges in mudpuddles and still continues to work flawlessly on a daily basis. If you dont like the product fine your choice, but this is and always will be a pro blackberry forum. If you dont have anything productive to contribute dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on the way out. Rulz
Old 09-02-2005, 09:21 AM   #28
Good_Guy

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmember
Look Good_Guy, BES is used is far far far far more places than Goodlink. Cisco is not the ultimate judge of everything. Just because people at Cisco are using something doesn't mean they have to be the greatest and the best. Obvisously I am sure that many companies and Government much much bigger than Cisco are using BES (I personally don't think too many people at Cisco use it either. If this was that large Good's CEO would have told us the number of subscribers they have currently). There are more than 3 million subscribers of Blackberry. So stop wining all the time. All people who offered suggestions were talking about their personal experience of using a blackberry. Now no matter how much you keep complaining thats not going to change. So that argument is completely BS.
Yup, there are companies bigger than Cisco..Wal-Mart (#1 Fortune 500): GoodLink customer. HP? GoodLink. Dell? GoodLink UPS? GoodLink..shall I continue?

Do you honestly think one of the most advanced technology companies in the world in Cisco would make a decision on a company wide roll-out of a technology platform without thorough testing and investigation on every available system, especially the market leader in Blackberry? I am not "wining" though I am sure you meant whining. I am simply addressing the statement that someone said Cisco does not use GoodLink when, in fact, they do.

Of course BES is used more than GoodLink. I never said it wasn't. First to market has amazing advantages. RIMM has been around much longer than Good and other competitive products and, until about a year or so ago, RIMM didn't have a true competitor in the space. That has changed. Good, Intellisync and Seven all provide products that are comparable, even better in some respects, to the BB service. BB is still the 800 pound gorilla in this space. Hell, they practically invented it. They are not going anywhere anytime soon. However, the carriers, which are the driving force of BB sales, by signing resell agreements with Good and Intellisync are making the statement that their customers want an alternative solution and that argument, my friend, is not BS.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #29
ace_2005
No longer Registered.

Amen Good_Guy
Closed Thread