surfgal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlopez View Post
so i just got my 8330 today. bb maps, bb browser, and the sprint on demand stuff isn't on the phone. what does it take to get the internet included in my SERO plan. do i have to upgrade to a vision plan? or can i call sprint to get everything pushed to my phone?

hmm...my SERO plan included vision (unlimited text, internet, picture mail, etc...) just unfortunate the picture mail doesnt work with BB. But everything else works.
All my BB maps and BB browser were all there.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #22
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgal View Post
hmm...my SERO plan included vision (unlimited text, internet, picture mail, etc...) just unfortunate the picture mail doesnt work with BB. But everything else works.
All my BB maps and BB browser were all there.
i have all of that stuff too. it all worked when i had a centro and a razr2. however on this phone my on demand, sprint radio, tv, sprint store and all that stuff doesn't work. i spoke to the blackberry tech support and they said the bb browser and bb maps wouldn't get pushed to my phone unless i got the bb plan.

my internet works with opera mini, and google maps works also. but i just need a download link for gmail.

also, do you know if sprint can push the bb browser over?
Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #23
surfgal

Quote:
i have all of that stuff too. it all worked when i had a centro and a razr2. however on this phone my on demand, sprint radio, tv, sprint store and all that stuff doesn't work. i spoke to the blackberry tech support and they said the bb browser and bb maps wouldn't get pushed to my phone unless i got the bb plan.

my internet works with opera mini, and google maps works also. but i just need a download link for gmail.

also, do you know if sprint can push the bb browser over?

Yes they can...I have everything....navigation, sprint radio, sprint tv ( u must pay 7.95 month if you want)

BB browser and BB maps work just find as well. I do not have a BB plan. I was given a BB email address and it was set up for me by the SprintBlackberry Tech.

Last edited by surfgal; 06-10-2008 at 08:46 PM..
Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #24
joeeey

I would recommend the "simply everything" plan 99.00 With NY taxes comes to 120.00 EVERYTHING except BES, but you can add that if you need it. As a personal user I have no need for it. Web browsing, text, picture text, Navigation, sprint TV, Sprint radio and Unlimited Phone.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #25
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeeey View Post
I would recommend the "simply everything" plan 99.00 With NY taxes comes to 120.00 EVERYTHING except BES, but you can add that if you need it. As a personal user I have no need for it. Web browsing, text, picture text, Navigation, sprint TV, Sprint radio and Unlimited Phone.
that's true but i'm paying $30 a month for unlimited internet, texting, and 500 mins which i don't use. so adding BIS or the vision plan for bb's isn't that cost effective to only get the bb browser so i can download the gmail app.

i'll have to give the sprint tech support a call to persuade them to send me the bb browser
Old 06-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #26
surfgal

Quote:
that's true but i'm paying $30 a month for unlimited internet, texting, and 500 mins which i don't use. so adding BIS or the vision plan for bb's isn't that cost effective to only get the bb browser so i can download the gmail app.

i'll have to give the sprint tech support a call to persuade them to send me the bb browser
Exactly, that's what I did and it worked. I have the same $30.00 a month SERO plan with unlimited text, internet, etc. and that's all I pay each month for everything I need on the BB and everything including BB maps and BB browser work just find. I just went to my sprint online account and where it says hours used there is a line where it says KB Unlimited and shows how much KB used. Thus far 13,000

But yes call and persuade them.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #27
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Exactly, that's what I did and it worked. I have the same $30.00 a month SERO plan with unlimited text, internet, etc. and that's all I pay each month for everything I need on the BB and everything including BB maps and BB browser work just find. I just went to my sprint online account and where it says hours used there is a line where it says KB Unlimited and shows how much KB used. Thus far 13,000

But yes call and persuade them.
so you pay an additional 7.95 to get the sprint radio, navigation, etc?
when you activated your phone did bb browser, maps, and messenger come on it? or did that not get on your phone until you called in?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #28
surfgal

Quote:
so you pay an additional 7.95 to get the sprint radio, navigation, etc?
when you activated your phone did bb browser, maps, and messenger come on it? or did that not get on your phone until you called in?
No, I do get the sprint radio, navigation, etc. I just have to pay 7.95 if I want the TV....but yes everything worked the bb browser, maps and messenger.

I am not sure if it was on the phone....cuz soon as i got the phone from sprint telesales, they sent me the phone and I called sprint to have it activated..and that's when I noticed everything worked....the man who activated it ran thru the setup process and helped me create my new bb email address. (ie. [email address]). So yes everything works with the exception of sprint tv which i can have for additonal $7.95 a month.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:47 AM   #29
marlopez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
No, I do get the sprint radio, navigation, etc. I just have to pay 7.95 if I want the TV....but yes everything worked the bb browser, maps and messenger.

I am not sure if it was on the phone....cuz soon as i got the phone from sprint telesales, they sent me the phone and I called sprint to have it activated..and that's when I noticed everything worked....the man who activated it ran thru the setup process and helped me create my new bb email address. (ie. [email address]). So yes everything works with the exception of sprint tv which i can have for additonal $7.95 a month.

and you're only paying $30 a month? that is awesome. i was on the phone with sprint for a while and just gave up and bought the blackberry plan. you got lucky i guess
Old 06-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #30
surfgal

Quote:
and you're only paying $30 a month? that is awesome. i was on the phone with sprint for a while and just gave up and bought the blackberry plan. you got lucky i guess

Yes, I only pay $30 a month......

Hmm..I don't know if I was lucky but it seems like it. Have anyone else gotten what I have gotten?

If not, then just know with the right persuation your BB can work and have everything on it without having to put out the 39.95 for blackberry plan.