Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
lord_jefe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW
Default Hit or Miss on Reconciles

Please Login to Remove!

I have an exchange server running BES Professional. When I read a message in Outlook, it doesn't always mark it is read on the BB, and vice-versa. For example, in the last hour, I got 10 emails. 2 are marked as new on my blackberry. "Reconcile Now" doesn't mark them read either. The affected emails aren't next to each other, just random ones.

Any ideas?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Try this out ...

Stay away from your Outlook client for an hour or so; watch as messages come into your BB ... process some but not all and then see if everything matches up 20 minutes later in Outlook.

You could be dealing with reconciliation timing and Outlook Cached Mode timing. For best results check against OWA.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
netPOSER
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_jefe View Post
I have an exchange server running BES Professional. When I read a message in Outlook, it doesn't always mark it is read on the BB, and vice-versa. For example, in the last hour, I got 10 emails. 2 are marked as new on my blackberry. "Reconcile Now" doesn't mark them read either. The affected emails aren't next to each other, just random ones.

Any ideas?
I'm having the same issue. Just changed my BB to an 8800 from an 8100. Had some reconciliation problems on the 8100 before this. The other 150 BES users are having no problems.

I've wiped my handheld a few times, deleted my account off the BES and selected to wipe info from the Exchange server also. Waited a few hours to add myself back to the BES but same results.

I can send/receive/delete/file on my 8800 and my Outlook client updates but not the other way around.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

When you delete within Outlook are you hard deleting (shift + delete)? or are the items being sent to deleted items?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
netPOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
When you delete within Outlook are you hard deleting (shift + delete)? or are the items being sent to deleted items?
No. I'm well aware of the hard delete in Outlook creating BB orphans. That's why searching for this problem on any of the BB sites/forums is so difficult. There's thousands of posts about hard-deleting.

This is an odd problem. It seems managing email on the BB works both ways. If I file/delete/read/forward/reply/etc. on the BB it will sync with Outlook and update...BUT NOT the other way around.

It seems my BB ignores any email management I do in Outlook.

No other users on our BES (125 of them) are experiencing this and about 10 are using the same IT Policy as I am. Nothing on the BES indicates a problem either.

In the past wiping then re-activating seems to work-ugh! I don't want to do that again.

I am running BB OS 4.5.0.44 on my 8800
BES Version is 4.1.3.16
Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 AM   #6
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
In the past wiping then re-activating seems to work-ugh! I don't want to do that again.
If that seems to be the solution, then I'd upgrade the BES and wipe / reload newest OS on your HH.

That said, what is different with your account than others? Are you in any special AD groups? A special mail store? Specific OU within AD?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:20 AM   #7
netPOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
If that seems to be the solution, then I'd upgrade the BES and wipe / reload newest OS on your HH.

That said, what is different with your account than others? Are you in any special AD groups? A special mail store? Specific OU within AD?
Upgrading the BES isn't going to happen soon so I'm going to wipe again (sounds dirty huh?).

I'm not unique on Exchange (same mail store as all of IT and a few others), normal groups in AD. Same OU for everyone at our firm.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
ashworth
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I have seen issues like this when we had poor Exchange performace. the UPD packets where not getting sent from Exchange so the BES was not picking up any of the notifications. I called RIM support and they gave me a list of perfmon counters to add to Exchange. They saw that we had some high latencey and after our messaging team talked with MS the issue was fixed. Exchange issue not BES (in my case anways)...

My BlackBerry GPS Golf Application | Mileage Calculator
Old 07-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #9
netPOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashworth View Post
I have seen issues like this when we had poor Exchange performace. the UPD packets where not getting sent from Exchange so the BES was not picking up any of the notifications. I called RIM support and they gave me a list of perfmon counters to add to Exchange. They saw that we had some high latencey and after our messaging team talked with MS the issue was fixed. Exchange issue not BES (in my case anways)...
I wish that was the case here but I think other user's would have my same problem. It's only me-sigh...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #10
h382
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I'm having a similar issue..

Deleted messages from Outlook will not sync back to the BB, some messages will go away after a Reconcile Now, some won't. We are also running 4.1.3.18. I have 2 new users having this issue, they are using new BB Curves.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
netPOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by h382 View Post
I'm having a similar issue..

Deleted messages from Outlook will not sync back to the BB, some messages will go away after a Reconcile Now, some won't. We are also running 4.1.3.18. I have 2 new users having this issue, they are using new BB Curves.
Just got a brand new 8310 so we'll see how it goes. Going to upgrade our BES to 4.1.6 next week since they just announced SP6 for BES.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #12
centrekin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

I had a user who was filing emails, and all filed messages reconciled but 4 of them. I even did test messages, and the reconciled as well. Get this, the messages were all filed on a .pst not supported by the blackberry. I thought the blackberrys would not reconile changes if messages were moved to a pst NOT supported by the device? Was this a new change in the 4.1.5sp?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #13
netPOSER

Brand new 8300 showing same symptoms as my 8100 and 8800. Anything done in Outlook does not change on the BB.

This is getting ridiculous. Is there a better way to remove my account from the BES other than "delete"?

EDIT:
Doing a bit more testing and here's what's happening now.
Read and filed messages are not syncing from Outlook to the BB but deleted messages are.

Last edited by netPOSER; 07-21-2008 at 01:21 PM..
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #14
netPOSER

Still not reconciling even after multiple removes from the BES and adding back to the BES. This is maddening as I'm anal about keeping my email tiday--ugh.

Only delete's from Outlook reconcile with the BB
Closed Thread